PDA

View Full Version : 5 top things to remember in the Corps

davblay
03-26-08, 03:43 PM
1. When you take a long time to do something, you're slow, when your SGT takes a long time, he's being thorough.

2. When you don't do it, you're LAZY! When your Sgt doesn't do it, he's to busy!

3. When you make a mistake, you're an Idiot! When your Sgt makes a mistake, he's only human!

4. When you do something without being told, you're over stepping your authority. When your SGT does the same thing, That's initiative!

5. When you take a day off sick, you're a sick bay commando. When your Sgt takes a day off sick, he must be really bad off sick!

I thought, all these years, that the SGT was just pulling my string about this stuff! LMAO!

Comments and/or add ons?

Dave

Artemis
03-26-08, 03:51 PM
LMAO, Dave this is so very true.

maverickmarine
03-26-08, 04:15 PM
That is outstanding and the right attitude to have. LOL

outlaw3179
03-26-08, 05:00 PM
lol...funny..but true :)

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 05:10 PM
Definetly think that poolees will benefit if they learn these simple truths now, rather than in the moment. "hey, wait a minute, that bastard"

PatriotGirl422
03-26-08, 05:34 PM
Those are so true. Especially #4. I've always been one to take initiative, but I'm afraid of being told to stop doing the NCOs jobs.

jetdoc
03-26-08, 05:56 PM
Pretty dang funny.

sparkie
03-26-08, 08:53 PM
i don't have time for this.

Tooks
03-26-08, 09:14 PM
I love it!!!

SlingerDun
03-26-08, 09:31 PM
5. When you take a day off sick, you're a sick bay commando. When your Sgt takes a day off sick, he must be really bad off sick!But you know he's got a rippen hangover because you spied him on libbo last night in Tijuana. I suppose he could have seized up due to the street vendors chow but thats usually curable with a few quick head calls chased with roach coach donuts and a juicehttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

CHOPPER7199
03-27-08, 12:05 AM
When The Sgt. Takes A Day Off, He's Getting Lucky.

SGT7477
03-27-08, 07:10 AM
Just call us lucky,lmfao.:evilgrin:

Trueblujar
03-29-08, 08:47 AM
I have to agree with Chopper. I was a Sergeant & acting Plt, Sergeant in the last unit I served. I had to be first to formations as it was this Sergeant that held the PT in the morning & reported to the Company Gunny. At the end of the day when the Lt. of our platoon wanted NCO\SNCO meetins it was again this Sergeant who had to stay & those meetings came damn neer every day.

To the Corporals your lucky if If a Sergeant has time to train you. I know that most Corporals think they should be Sergeants, but the Corps begs to differ or you would be a Sergeant! As for Chopper he is not your run of the mill PFC. He is a senior Marine in life. In his day he served well don't let the PFC fool you. Chopper is not like a PFC from today. Choppers PFC stripe was respected back in his day. Chopper also had some brass balls for good causes that cost him, but not in the respect department. I have talked to the Marine & he is a very honorable Human being & Marine. Oorah!

davblay
03-29-08, 09:24 AM
:thumbup:

davblay
03-30-08, 10:19 AM
1. When you take a long time to do something, you're slow, when your SGT takes a long time, he's being thorough.

2. When you don't do it, you're LAZY! When your Sgt doesn't do it, he's to busy!

3. When you make a mistake, you're an Idiot! When your Sgt makes a mistake, he's only human!

4. When you do something without being told, you're over stepping your authority. When your SGT does the same thing, That's initiative!

5. When you take a day off sick, you're a sick bay commando. When your Sgt takes a day off sick, he must be really bad off sick!

I thought, all these years, that the SGT was just pulling my string about this stuff! LMAO!

Comments and/or add ons?

Dave

:marine: