PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

NBC
03-26-08, 03:36 PM
When I first enrolled in the Corps I had a question for the doctor who administered my physical. I will explain it the best I can with as much tact as possible so here it goes. I had a small problem with my right testicle it was noticably larger than my left one, I asked the doc if it would affect my ability to train and his reply was that it was a hydrocele and it wouldnt stop me from training and it wouldnt be a problem. As training progressed it started swelling and causing me pain. After graduation i was on to MCT close to the end of MCT I informed one of the Instructors about my problem, the pain had increased greatly and the swelling continued. My instructor had me go see the doc and the doc refered me to the clinic where they thought about putting me on grad hold but then decided to send me on to my MOS school to have surgery. As soon as i checked in at school I informed my platoon sargent of my problem even though it was a very embarrasing subject. I had surgery and the pain was dulled a great deal but it still causes me pain, I told this to my surgeon on my follow up visit and he told me that I will have to live with it and the best he could do would be to prescribe me medication to dull it down. I EAS in 6 months it still hurts and i dont know if i even rate VA benefits for it since it was there when i enlisted.

OLE SARG
03-26-08, 05:16 PM
The key is they were aware of it since you were OKed by the doctor. I would pursue this and I would think you would be eligible for benefits!!!!! Be sure and get copies of all your medical records and once out make sure your claim get filed thru a service officer with the VFW, Marine Corps League, or some military veteran organization.

SEMPER FI,

oldtop
03-27-08, 09:57 AM
Pre-existing disabilities are elligable for VA compensation to the extent that active service aggravates the pre-existing disability. The fact that your problem required surgery is in itself proof...

hrscowboy
03-27-08, 10:00 AM
Sounds like the mumps worked you over at one time. Had a friend that had the same thing he ended up losing both of them and from that day on we called him Captain No Nuts...

David Jameson
03-27-08, 10:22 AM
Get your records when you get home.Make sure anything pertainng to your problem is documented while your in AND MOST IMPORTANT,GO to the D.A.V or VFW and have the handle your case for you.Don"t go it alone.