PDA

View Full Version : Sum It Up

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 04:26 AM
Attention Poolees. I have a task for you that i would like all to participate in! I would like to see every poolee sum up in a single sentence, what the Marine Corps IS to them. What ever you think it is, what it is to you, what it means to the country and the world. Sum it up in one sentence, and one sentence only. Extra points to the poolee that can sum it up in one word, and impress the old salty wardogs roaming around here. Ready...Move.
:flag:

Phantom Blooper
03-26-08, 06:06 AM
This should be very interesting to read.

However, with the punctuation,grammar and running of the sentences together a poolee sentence can be five paragraphs without one period.This could be a mega challenge!:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
03-26-08, 06:15 AM
If they can pull this off without a glitch or biatch....we need to kill the fattened calf and offer the Spring lamb in sacrifice and have one helluva celebration! :beer: Prove me wrong poolees and wannabees!:evilgrin:

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 06:23 AM
I definetelely agree with you there blooper because sometimes people like to do things that dont make sinse like write a sentence without any periods or comas to indicate they know what they are talking about because school is for losers and nobody listened in english class so sometimes we have to deal with really long sentences that change topic at least 8 or 9 times and we as Marines have to try and decipher the poolee languageges because nobody told them better am i right phantom blooper oorah i think the Marine Corps is good because this one time at boot camp i heard about this guy who was yelled at but didnt let it get to ghim bekuz he was sup3r motivated and didnt allow the der der der Drill Instructors to get to him and i think thats really nice because we are all hear to be motivated except for we cant write but we will learn because we want to prove Phantom Blooper wrong.

Owned.

I think the Poolees get the point.

Poolees: Your sentence will be between 5 to 20 words long so as to not violate Phantom Blooper's wishes! Ready...Move.

JAG1990tn
03-26-08, 07:12 AM
Attention Poolees. I have a task for you that i would like all to participate in! I would like to see every poolee sum up in a single sentence, what the Marine Corps IS to them. What ever you think it is, what it is to you, what it means to the country and the world. Sum it up in one sentence, and one sentence only. Extra points to the poolee that can sum it up in one word, and impress the old salty wardogs roaming around here. Ready...Move.

The Marine Corps is my future home, my life,and will always be a brotherhood.

SCrawford
03-26-08, 07:31 AM
I will never be a true man without the title of Marine.

Marine84
03-26-08, 07:33 AM
I'm with you Phantom - this should be interesting to read as soon as they get their a$$e$ out of bed.

WAKE UP POOLEES!

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 07:48 AM
I'm with you Phantom - this should be interesting to read as soon as they get their a$$e$ out of bed.

WAKE UP POOLEES!

Some poolees are in for a rude awakening thats for sure. Ah, i can see it now.

"I didnt know this is what 3'o clock in the morning looked like. This sucks."

bstewar09
03-26-08, 07:59 AM
The Marine Corps to me is an elite club who is charged with the task of defending the nation, and I am going to be in it.

ElDiablo
03-26-08, 08:31 AM
Perfection.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 08:49 AM
Alright, now lets get back to the sentences. I want to see some serious thought put into this. Your not just getting a new job, your adopting a new way of life, a new family, a new brotherhood. I want to hear what it really means to all you pups out there. I want to know that the young Marines next to me in the fighting hole have got my back as much as i have theirs.
Deep...Move.
:evilgrin:

ElDiablo
03-26-08, 08:53 AM
To me, the Corps gives ultimate meaning to life.

Seyborg
03-26-08, 08:54 AM
One word: Discipline or Fraternitas (Latin for Brotherhood)

Sentence: The Corps is God's and this country's will behind moral value, strength, the guts to execute it!

or

Sentence: Marines are both angels of death and life because they take lives of those who are evil to preserve the life of those who are innocent!

Seyborg
03-26-08, 08:58 AM
That is by NO means a sentence!

I dig it though!

Seyborg :beer:

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 09:00 AM
Alright, what the Marine Corps means to me is a total turn around from who I am today, it means having new brothers out there and becoming a real man and not staying around this small town doing the same thing im doing now in ten years like most of the people from around here my age are going to be doing, and to maybe have the chance to say one day the he/she is alive because of what I did.

Pup, do me a favor. Next time please read what myself and Phantom Blooper said, then, do not do exactly what we asked not to happen. 'Rah.

Seyborg
03-26-08, 09:12 AM
Did you SERIOUSLY call Marine a dickhead?!?!?!?!

Are you ****ing stupid?!

We are poolees

We are simply civvie wanna bes!

We don't have the RIGHT to even talk to the ARMY like that.

They have earned what we want and done a ****on more!

Learn some damn respect

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 09:13 AM
That aint no reason to be a dickhead, from what I think if somone is joining the Marines for only the right reasons there is no way in hell they are gonna be able to put it all in one sentence!

Firstly, thats the challenge, hence the reason for this thread. My challenge to you, sum up what the United States Marine Corps is to you, in one sentence. If i said i wanted an essay, i would have asked for one.

Secondly, and i will say this as nicely as i can, don't think for one second you can survive in the Marine Corps if your attitude is anything like what you just said. I may be a Lance Corporal, but first and foremost i am a United States Marine. It's a title i hold very close to my heart, and i will not tolerate someone who has yet feel the spit of a DI running down their cheek tell me that i am being a dickhead. Myself and Phantom Blooper who is a Staff Sergeant of Marines clearly stated what we did not want to happen in this thread. You did the very thing we asked not to, and as a Marine you have to be able to take a correction like a man. I have high hopes from all of the poolees here, which is why i posted this challenge. If it is not something you can do, I am not to blame. Every Marine here rates respect from every poolee and wannabee, just as every Marine rates respect from those Marines possessing a rank below theirs. Correct Yourself Poolee, before a SNCO does!

Semper Fi.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 09:15 AM
Did you SERIOUSLY call Marine a dickhead?!?!?!?!

Are you ****ing stupid?!

We are poolees

We are simply civvie wanna bes!

We don't have the RIGHT to even talk to the ARMY like that.

They have earned what we want and done a ****on more!

Learn some damn respect

Seyborg, please leave these situations to Marines.

Seyborg
03-26-08, 09:22 AM
Yes sir!

Seyborg :beer:

LittleMissStretch
03-26-08, 09:24 AM
The Marine Corps, to this recruit, is a way of life that alters the way we think, act and speak.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 09:27 AM
Thats more like it. Carry on pups.

ElDiablo
03-26-08, 09:35 AM
To me the Marine Corps beats the hell out of a 9-5 job.

Phantom Blooper
03-26-08, 09:38 AM
I knew it was to good to be true....the fattened calf and Spring lamb will see another season! You poolees just don't know how to party!I was even buying! :beer:It's a damn shame I guess I jinxed this thread.

LittleMissStretch
03-26-08, 09:56 AM
This recruit believes that becoming a Marine means living by the Core Values of Honor, Courage and Commitment.

JoeInVille
03-26-08, 10:00 AM
To this recruit, the Marine Corps means honor and a tradition of excellence that has to be continued for the sake of every Marine in the past.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 10:26 AM
The Marine Corps is a Passion.

Gootee63
03-26-08, 10:44 AM
the greatest family known to man.

sparkie
03-26-08, 10:51 AM
Repentent, I see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Right.

LittleMissStretch
03-26-08, 10:58 AM
With all due respect to poolee JEDGERTON and to the Marines in this thread. Poolee JEDGERTON, you may just want to think about what you say before you say something about the poolee's that may be fighting alongside you in the near future. All of us decided to enlist because we truly have a passion for the Marine Corps, because we are willing to do whatever it takes to defend and protect OUR and yes this recruit did say OUR country. Don't forget, the mintue you enlisted, you are no longer an individual you are now a recruit, you are part of a team of many recruits who you will be sharing Basic Training with, who will be protecting you and are expecting you to do the same for them.

RYDERKUR
03-26-08, 10:59 AM
WTF are you talking about no one can do it. LCpl/Cpl select and SSgt told you to do it and how to do it. There is no questioning it or arguing. It can be done, find a way damn it. Roger? I won't even get into disrespecting an NCO right now either.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 11:00 AM
You've got a lot to learn pup. Even now your being defiant, which you'll learn once you get to boot camp will get you as far as the quarter deck, if your really lucky, as far as the pit. You need to start changing your attitude or you will find this career to be a lot harder than you want.

LittleMissStretch
03-26-08, 11:09 AM
Then, POOL(ee). If you prefer that term.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 11:18 AM
SSgt Nelson, can you lock this one down. This one got out of hand. Definetly going to have a chat with the Poolee's in the chat room soon. Poolees, if a task is presented to you, you never ever say, it can't be done. You find a way. Improvise, adapt, and overcome. Since arguing is obviously more important to everyone, this thread is done. My apologies to those of you who took it seriously. Maybe we can try this again sometime.

Last Post.
Semper Fi

JayBee
03-26-08, 11:19 AM
I'll try to get things rolling again.

The Marine Corps. is the elite, motivated military family that will soon be my life.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 11:20 AM
Nope, we're done. Thank you though.

Request Thread Lock.

JayBee
03-26-08, 11:24 AM
I hadn't seen you're post above mine, I musta been reading the thread, sorry.

jinelson
03-26-08, 11:26 AM
by JEDGERTON We aint recruits until we hit the yellow footprints!

You are abosolutely correct you disrespectful heinous puke, but we do have rules here and you broke the one that is not tolerated. Good bye enjoy your vacation at Fort Bliss you would'nt make a pimple on a Marine Recruits Ass!

Bye Bye

Jim

KJH7522
03-26-08, 11:31 AM
Hammer and Anvil, Jim.

This worthless puke doesn't deserve the Marines' time. Lock this topic perhaps?

jinelson
03-26-08, 11:34 AM
No need to lock the thread down the trash has been removed. This has been an interesting and educational thread and the trash has been removed!

Jim

cfranco89
03-26-08, 11:42 AM
I'll start it up again on a good note.

The Marine Corps to me is the easiest decision I have made, for the hardest obstacle I will ever face.:iwo:

Redgerton
03-26-08, 11:43 AM
Listen here, I said I was sorry, there aint no need to be banned for it, i didnt call you a dickhead. What i meant was calm down dont be actin like one. I didnt mean anything by it at all.

rjedgerton
03-26-08, 12:10 PM
This is gonna be my third time saying sorry, I am so very sorry that i disrespected L/CPL motivatorofthegaurd like I did. I wont never let anything like it happen again.

jinelson
03-26-08, 12:21 PM
NEGATIVE! and you may now have some legal problems.

Jim

davblay
03-26-08, 12:47 PM
Sniff, Sniff, Sniff, smells like Jim used a real disinfectant this time. Smells a lot better too! Now that the trash and odor is gone, Poolees continue, I want to hear this

Good Job Jim, :marine:

Dave

LittleMissStretch
03-26-08, 12:49 PM
Self-Disicipline, Respect, Honor, Pride, Courage, That is what I see in the Marine Corps.

Bazzard
03-26-08, 12:51 PM
The Marines for me is the key that well help me open many opportunities in my life that where impossible to accomplish without.

Brandon1
03-26-08, 12:54 PM
The Marine Corps holds the key to a locked door on life.

Hologram
03-26-08, 12:57 PM
The Marine Corps is the elite fighting group in the world, not only because of it's military prowess, but because of the honour it maintains and the fraternity it encourages.

Also, the uniform is just badass.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 12:59 PM
Thank you Jim, much appreciated SSgt.

Poolees, Heed This Advice.

In the Marine Corps you will encounter a situation in which you WILL be corrected, either tactfully, or harshly. It will happen because everyone makes mistakes and goofs up. It is your job not only as a Marine, but as a responsible adult (which you all should be!) to take away from it, not "oh man i just got my azz chewed", but having learned something. You are only as good of a person, and only as good of a Marine as you let yourself be. Always seek self improvement, and if someone seeks it on your behalf, then take heed to it! As a poolee, if you are corrected by a Marine, do not forget where you are! This is not a gamers forum, this is not a political forum, and this is certainly not the place where you bring your attitude. Every Marine here, from Pvt. to MGySgt and up, has done their time, and they do and will rate respect from you! Until you have U.S. Marines sewn on your left breast, and your name on your right breast, you have no right to talk to a Marine as though he is lesser than you. If you feel this way, then please, show yourself the door. Neither myself, nor any other Marine on here has the time nor the inclination to take jabs from some hethen who thinks he is something he's not.

Even as Marines we try to show you Poolee's the uptmost respect, because you have made a decision less than 1% of the population ever has, and for that alone you are to be recognized! And you are, that is why so many Marines devote their time to your forums, answering questions over and over again, and offering advice, encouragment, and even letters while in boot! Do not mistake our kindness for weakness. Embrace the advice and mentorship. I came here as a poolee almost 3 years ago, and i knew my place. Now i am about to become an NCO of Marines, so if you have doubts, I won't listen to them. Everyone has it in them to become a U.S. Marine, and everyone is here because they share that passion. Now start treating it like it is a passion, and not something you pull out of your sleeve to try and gain status or recognition.

Right now there is some LCpl, in a land you've never heard of, who just smiled because he found a package of skittles in his MRE, and it made his day. Do not forget your place poolee's, because myself, as well as all of these other Marines will put you back in it in a heartbeat.
/endrant-sorry Jim

Rules For Further Posting.
-Describe in one sentence what the Marine Corps means to you.

-Sentences will be between 5-20 words long.

-This is a challenge. Improvise, Adapt, & Overcome

-This is the easiest challenge you will face in the Marine Corps. Chill Out.

-Remember, have fun with it, this about being moto poolees right?

-Arguing Will NOT Be Tolerated. Period.

Semper Fi Pups.

Brandon1
03-26-08, 01:06 PM
Amen, hooray, two thumbs up, beers all around post if I do say so myself. Thats why people say "Learn from your mistakes".

Hologram
03-26-08, 01:06 PM
Aye, aye, sir.

LittleMissStretch
03-26-08, 01:13 PM
Aye Lance Corporal

SCrawford
03-26-08, 01:16 PM
Aye, LCpl. This poolees pickin up what your throwin down

davblay
03-26-08, 01:18 PM
As the L/Cpl stated, we are here for you. I wrote over 396 letters to recruits last year that I have never met, and probably never will! Why? To help keep them motivated so they could earn that title. Did all of them make it....unfortunatley no they didn't, but the ones that did are the better person for what they learned from the experience there.

Besides Jinelson, I guess I am the number 2 Mentor, on this site, to you poolees, and right now I am ashamed, yes ashamed, that there is that 10%, even in here that will ruin your chances to better prepare yourself for boot camp. I take every post that you poolees make and I disect it, down to the last period! I am proud of most of you, but please help us police the poolee pool and keep this relationship going between Marine and Poolee, trust me you will be greatful that you did.

Check your Attitude at the log in page

Make sure you read the poolee rules

Use the search Engine (we had 3 threads about Combat engineers within 24 hrs)

Never argue or debate with a Marine

Remember that a "MARINE IS ALWAYS RIGHT"

IF A MARINE IS WRONG, REFER TO THE RULE ABOVE!

Marines may not always be exactly correct, but someone (Marine) will make the proper corrections, you don't need to worry aboout that!

Last thing Poolees, make me proud, as I take a personal interest in all of you, as does Jinelson and a lot of other Marines!

Carry On!

Dave

Cody89
03-26-08, 01:29 PM
The Marine Corps is what i'll be able to tell my kids were the greatest years of my life.

The Dude22
03-26-08, 03:37 PM
The process of earning the title of Marine means entering a lifestyle that does not accept mediocrity, only greatness, for our blessed country and the beloved brotherhood.

Firefox
03-26-08, 03:48 PM
Sir, this Poolee believes the Corps is a way of life cut above the others and is willing to make any sacrifice to protect it.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 03:49 PM
This is what i'm talking about pups, keep it coming!

Firefox
03-26-08, 03:55 PM
I would presonally like to thank the Lcpl. for making this thread it is much needed. For my own part I feel motivated as hell.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 04:01 PM
I'm here for motivators like you Jon! Thats what its all about anyways! Staying motivated, dedicated, locked cocked & ready to rock.

By the way motivator, always capatalize the C in LCpl. They are two different words abbreviated as such. Just like Private First Class isn't Pfc, its PFC. Carry on.

Firefox
03-26-08, 04:04 PM
Thank you for the correction LCpl that has always confused me. Permission to carry on, Sir.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 04:06 PM
Get Some! Perhaps i'll post a reminder thread about that.

Alright Poolees, i know school is out, time to get some!

dtsetzer
03-26-08, 04:48 PM
It is an opportunity to serve my country in a brotherhood of the best this country has to offer.

-Poolee Setzer

skizby
03-26-08, 06:04 PM
self-respect!

Hoplite
03-26-08, 06:08 PM
It is the privilege to serve in a culture that values Honor, Courage, and Commitment.

Sixguns
03-26-08, 06:53 PM
Marines,

There are some who will never understand our culture and our ethos. For them, there are alternatives.... We call them the "sister" services. Please keep your bearing and know that although many aspire to be Marines, many cannot. Even within our ranks, there are those that have not embraced fundamental concepts such as honor, loyalty and commitment. In time, as it has always been in our Corps' history, these individuals will be seen for their shortcomings and most certainly, will not have a page in the history books that is the legacy of our Corps.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 07:09 PM
Marines,

There are some who will never understand our culture and our ethos. For them, there are alternatives.... We call them the "sister" services. Please keep your bearing and know that although many aspire to be Marines, many cannot. Even within our ranks, there are those that have not embraced fundamental concepts such as honor, loyalty and commitment. In time, as it has always been in our Corps' history, these individuals will be seen for their shortcomings and most certainly, will not have a page in the history books that is the legacy of our Corps.
Roger That SSgt.

McSweeney
03-26-08, 07:23 PM
my future way of life.

sparkie
03-26-08, 07:30 PM
Free Food,,,,,,, Woo Hoo!!!

cfranco89
03-26-08, 08:03 PM
That food is not free. haha

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 08:05 PM
That food is not free. haha

The young poolee, while forgetting to use some tact, did state the truth Sparkie! It techinically isn't free!

sparkie
03-26-08, 08:14 PM
I never opened my wallet for all I could eat,,,,, free enough. My roof was free, my hot water was free [when I could get it}, Don't remember paying a sewer tax, or a garbage bill, or an elect bill. When I say free, bear with me, 'cause I've got nothing but lovin free now.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 08:18 PM
I never opened my wallet for all I could eat,,,,, free enough.

Now they take it out of Marine's BAS each paycheck, and in substitute, every Marine who is not on Comrats, has in his possession a "meal card" which he uses to "pay" for his meals at the chow hall.

JJA1990
03-26-08, 09:16 PM
The United States Marine Corp is an oppurtunity to serve my country while being part of the largest and most honorable fraternity on the face of the earth.

Marine84
03-26-08, 09:52 PM
The United States Marine Corp is an oppurtunity to serve my country while being part of the largest and most honorable fraternity on the face of the earth.

FRATERNITY?????

dutch1291
03-26-08, 09:57 PM
Honor.

crazymjb
03-26-08, 09:58 PM
The Marine Corps is the most elite fraternity of men and women who live by honor, courage, and committment, to serve as protectors, liberators, and warriors.

Mike

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 09:58 PM
FRATERNITY?????

Oh you've gone and made her mad now.

iguinae
03-26-08, 10:09 PM
RRRRRRR get him.

Phantom Blooper
03-27-08, 07:39 AM
Semper-Fi Heart will get you through more than just Boot Camp. A Marine is more than a title...it's a call to duty. One that sometimes, more often than not comes at a time when you are going to wish it didn't.

Semper -Fi Heart will relieve you from that thought and that struggle of making it through a PT session, a test, an azz chewing,a 15-25 mile hump or anything the Marine Corps can throw at you!:evilgrin:

SGT7477
03-27-08, 08:06 AM
Do you really need another headache?lmfao:flag:

SGT7477
03-27-08, 08:19 AM
Now they take it out of Marine's BAS each paycheck, and in substitute, every Marine who is not on Comrats, has in his possession a "meal card" which he uses to "pay" for his meals at the chow hall.
Nothing new they had meal cards back in the 70's.:flag:

JJA1990
03-27-08, 10:10 PM
Now when I said fraternity, all I meant was group/family/organization.. Didnt mean to offend.

PooleeThomas08
03-27-08, 10:38 PM
The Marine Corps is my chance to payback our honored veterans, and preserve the American way of life that I love.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-27-08, 10:45 PM
Now when I said fraternity, all I meant was group/family/organization.. Didnt mean to offend.

Don't forget about our sister Marines! They have earned the title just as much as any other Marine! So fraternity does not accurately describe the Marine Corps. However, i check what your saying! Outstanding motivation pup, keep it up! Carry On!

Semper Fi!