PDA

View Full Version : Poolees...Listen up!!!

Covey_Rider
03-26-08, 02:20 AM
If you can't spell I would suggest downloading mozilla firefox...it's free and it has an integrated spell checker so all you guys/gals that can't spell won't have to be able to. The computer will help you. I swear I'm going to blow a gasket if I keep seeing all of the blatant disregard for the rules. This is "leatherneck.com" and seeing that you are not leathernecks you are all guests. Abide by the rules and you will get more out of the Marines here.

Brandon1
03-26-08, 02:25 AM
I say we make one more sticky out of this :). It deserves a 2 thumbs up and a couple of beers!

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 04:13 AM
Covey Rider just got his own on.

Poolees, you have just been owned.

Shrike
03-26-08, 03:11 PM
If you can't spell I would suggest downloading mozilla firefox...it's free and it has an integrated spell checker so all you guys/gals that can't spell won't have to be able to. The computer will help you. I swear I'm going to blow a gasket if I keep seeing all of the blatant disregard for the rules. This is "leatherneck.com" and seeing that you are not leathernecks you are all guests. Abide by the rules and you will get more out of the Marines here.

Very useful advice, Cpl! Firefox also gives more chances to avoid viruses and "phishing". And if browser become ****ed up, you only have to reinstall firefox not entire OS, like if you use IE. After five years in IT, I have enough of statistic on this matter.

PatriotGirl422
03-26-08, 05:39 PM
Very useful advice, Cpl! Firefox also gives more chances to avoid viruses and "phishing". And if browser become ****ed up, you only have to reinstall firefox not entire OS, like if you use IE. After five years in IT, I have enough of statistic on this matter.

What the **** did you just say?

bbond007
03-26-08, 05:53 PM
LOL Yes Sir, thats why i downloaded Mozilla Firefox just for the spell check!!! got to love it. But i do recommend it highly.

Hologram
03-26-08, 05:55 PM
The add-ons are nice too.

All hail the Greasemonkey, the sole reason that I don't completely fail at Risk online....

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 06:04 PM
This thread is officially SNAFU.

Covey_Rider
03-27-08, 03:44 AM
Apparently firefox doesn't fix the capitalization of the letter "I."

Shrike
03-27-08, 04:17 AM
What the **** did you just say?

I was making a comparison between browsers Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, default browser with Windows. And from my experience, Firefox is significantly more stable and secure.

PatriotGirl422
03-27-08, 12:28 PM
I was making a comparison between browsers Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, default browser with Windows. And from my experience, Firefox is significantly more stable and secure.

I was just messing with you ;)

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-27-08, 12:48 PM
Oh No He Di-Int!

Shrike
03-27-08, 12:56 PM
:evilgrin: PatriotGirl422

I think, you should seriously consider DI's career. :D

KJH7522
03-27-08, 01:48 PM
Firefox is an amazing tool, and still many use Internet Explorer, so I'd like to go over both of these in detail.

Many people believe that Firefox is more secure against malicious code than Internet Explorer. This was definitely the case years ago, but not for the reasons you may believe firsthand. FF has it's problems as does IE, but the reason it was more secure was that black hats (I'll discuss this term later in this post) targeted IE beacuse that was the preferred browser of the day. With the majority of users moving to FF this small bit of security begins to erode.

So, is IE more or less secure than FF? The short answer to this is that neither are more safe than another. In both instances, people may still be able to access your files, and all information stored in your browser from your history, cookies, VPN's, attack other computers on the network, install keyloggers, saved names and passwords and generally anything a black hat would need to ensure your life becomes hell.

All browsers have their difficulty in security, so set cookies, history and everything else to expire when you close your browser and let's move on.

Customized themes are an excellent way to personalize your computer. FF can, IE cannot. To create themes for IE, you need to install third party programs.
Add-ons are amazing tools that help create a personalized experience on the web, too many to list I will include the add-ons for FF link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ IE has no add-on support beyond third party toolbars.
Tabs, I currently have 11 tabs of different websites up, you can click the tab instead of 11 seperate windows open. I hear IE now has support of tabs, but FF has mastered this tool years ago.

Starting to look a bit one sided isn't it? FF is multi-OS, free, easy, and Mozilla the creators include many other programs in their suite listed here http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ including Thunderbird, a replacement for
Outlook.

Looking above and beyond spell check and the basics, FF is a phenominal tool used by the extremely high majority of computer gurus for a reason.

Don't support Micro$oft. Always support freeware wherever possible.

KJH7522
03-27-08, 02:09 PM
I was editing the first post but the five minutes expired as I typed this, so I had to make a new post. I'd like to go over now some terms that people misuse or do not know.

White Hats: These people use their knowledge to subvert security so that companies can close their insecurities, morally and ethically opposed to abuse of computer systems.

Black Hats: These people are crackers, malicious members of society that promote individual accessability and freedom over privacy and security. These people use their knowledge for wrongful intent. They use the holes to cause damage to the computer system, and use information in the computer (including bank information) to blackmail the user at the most extreme cases.

Please use this knowledge to properly distinguish hackers from crackers. This is something I, as a hacker have fought with for years. Inform others, spread the word. Hackers are not always bad.

Hacker: A generalized term that includes white hats and black hats, for both the good and bad. Hackers have the knowledge of security services and use these to find holes in security for multiple purposes, depending on what kind of hacker they are.

Cracker: People who use their knowledge for malicious intent.

PatriotGirl422
03-27-08, 06:11 PM
:evilgrin: PatriotGirl422

I think, you should seriously consider DI's career. :D

I think about it everyday...seriously. My boyfriend thinks I was traumatized by boot camp, but I just think that it was an amazing experience. I'd love to be a D.I.:evilgrin: