PDA

View Full Version : Training for 3533 (Logistics Vehicle System Operator)

DangerMMA
03-25-08, 11:38 AM
What is the training like for this MOS...I know the training is at Ft. Lenardwood, MS and I know that I must complete the training for 3531 (Motor Vehicle Operator) first...

Any information would be helpful; length of training for each, what the training entails, etc...

ZSKI
03-25-08, 07:58 PM
You drive trucks around, and atleast when i was there be in the company with the most njp's in the detachment.

TwoWeeksNotice
03-27-08, 05:39 AM
3531 school is a pretty basic course and since we no longer have five tons only MTVR (seven tons) you don't even need to know how to drive a stick antmore. It will go fine as long as you don't freak out because of the SNCO in the cab. As a side note I had a Sergeant there when I was a LCPL who gave me the best advice I ever got in the Marine Corps.

If you want to know the story you can always send me an e-mail at jpsteph1982@yahoo.com I don't check it often but I will try to make a note to check it for a while since you may respondor just leave a post here for me.

DangerMMA
04-06-08, 09:02 PM
3531 school is a pretty basic course and since we no longer have five tons only MTVR (seven tons) you don't even need to know how to drive a stick antmore. It will go fine as long as you don't freak out because of the SNCO in the cab. As a side note I had a Sergeant there when I was a LCPL who gave me the best advice I ever got in the Marine Corps.

If you want to know the story you can always send me an e-mail at jpsteph1982@yahoo.com I don't check it often but I will try to make a note to check it for a while since you may respondor just leave a post here for me.

Stories from someone who has experience are always great and I would definitely appreciate it....

Just a general question but my planned BC graduation date is August 8th...Does this mean that come August 18th I will ship to Ft. Leonardwood for 3531 training?

TwoWeeksNotice
04-15-08, 05:45 PM
No

TwoWeeksNotice
04-15-08, 05:46 PM
You will have to go to MCT first after that you will begin MOS training.

TheLoneGunman
05-07-08, 03:53 PM
Hey I know im going to be stuck in FT. Lost-in-the-woods, but I would like to know for how long? My MOS is 3533, but Im going in the Reserves so I dont know if that changes anything with the training time.

Jrr0801
04-21-11, 10:09 PM
So how long exactly is MOS school for 3533?? I'm a reservist also and trying to get a gauge on when I'll be back home because schools have deadlines for admissions. Thanks for the help.

IHaveEGA843
04-22-11, 05:46 AM
I dont know about the training since I'm not a Marine (yet) but I do work with the *Logistical* type vehicles the Corps have been getting.

Look up these vehicles and you'll see what you'll be riding in.

Oshkosh MTVR aka 7ton
*Dump Truck*
*Wrecker*
*Semi Container Truck*

Oshkosh LVSR
*Wrecker*
*Some Container Moving Truck*
*Water/Fuel Truck*

Can't take a pics of it at my job since we can't have cameras in the building but their some big trucks. You may even train with the new MaxxPro Dash Wrecker the Corps just bought about a month ago. Pretty easy to drive IMO, push button trans set up.