PDA

View Full Version : Nuther Marine Movie

Matt Brzycki
03-23-08, 04:19 PM
Marines,

Anyone remember the TV movie about boot camp called "Tribes"? Apparently, it aired in 1970. It starred Darrin McGavin as the DI and Jan-Michael Vincent as a recruit. Anyone know where you can get it? I seem to recall it as being decent.

Speaking of Jan-Michael Vincent, wasn't he in another boot camp movie called "Baby Blue Marine"? I recall the movie but can't remember if it was him. While on the subject, anyone know whether it's true that they used to send washouts home dressed in a uniform that was baby blue in color (thus the name of the movie)? If it's true, when was that done?

Thanks.

Matt Brzycki
Sergeant (1975-79)

darkgreen0311
03-23-08, 04:29 PM
I believe amazon.com

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE

semperfi170
03-23-08, 05:26 PM
Baby Blue Marine was about the Marines in WW2 if my memory serves me right. Also, Tribes sucked, I saw the movie in 1971 when it aired. It was Hollywood movie about the Corps that was basically anti-military. Remember the time frame when it was produced - during Vietnam, and the a-holes in Hollywood were some of the most fanatic of the protestors - Hanoi Jane to name one.

Eric Hood
03-24-08, 10:22 AM
Semper Fi 170 is right about "Tripes". Darren McGavin needed a haircut. I saw it on amazon a while ago. I think TNT shows it. "Baby Blue Marine" is Jan Michael Vincent going home in a blue Marine uniform for failing boot camp. He meets a Raider in a bar and they swap uniforms. Written by Hollyweird girlie boys.
Semper Fi,
Eric