PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for me to get RA for R&R?

Katzman
03-23-08, 10:37 AM
Right now I've been a LCPL for 13 months. I wasn't able to requal when I got to the fleet from A school, and I got on this TT, which we didn't requal while we were training up. So right now I'm stuck with a 197, and that's stopping me from promotion. I've been put up for MOQ (paper, I know) and I'll have all my MCIs done, but I can't requal until I get back to 2nd RadBn. So I'm going to try to get on RA when I go home for R&R so I can get the extra points there.

Any help?

LCPL Katzman
PJCC-TT
Al Anbar Province, Iraq

Merc6432
03-23-08, 11:24 AM
I don't know if this has been done before but is it possible to requal at a reserve base or nearest active base where you will be spending your R&R? If they will let you that may help expedite the process. You may want to request that to admin. Good luck on the promo!:marine: Semper Fi!

Katzman
03-23-08, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the idea, but it probably wouldn't work out. They'd have to be have a qual at the same time, and not to mention the dates I come home, etc..

Thanks though

Covey_Rider
03-23-08, 05:56 PM
RA will need to be first approved verally by you current chain of command. Then get in touch with your recruiters to get their approval and have them fax/email over the PTAD orders for you command to sign off on. From there you'll be good. Just talk to your NCO's about it and make sure you cross all the T's and dot all the I's.