PDA

View Full Version : Climate Change and MCRD San Diego

Tobester
03-21-08, 11:41 PM
hello everyone.
- Is anyone here from a Northern Climate? If so does anyone have any tips on how to deal with the climate change when you are shipped to MCRD?
- Most people I speak to say "just tough it out" which is fine but I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyways to deal with the heat/humidity a little...more efficient.
-- So far I have just been working out in the sauna once a day for a min of 45 minutes wearing clothing...I guess I will not know if it helps until I get to MCRD. ...Any suggestions?

awbrown1462
03-21-08, 11:46 PM
Just have to deal with the heat there is almost no humidity in So CA

Tobester
03-21-08, 11:49 PM
Oh, the recruiters told me that there was a high humidity level.

awbrown1462
03-21-08, 11:52 PM
are you talking about San Diego or Parris Island I was talking about San Diego I do live in a high humidity area now no getting use to it its hot and you sweat

Hologram
03-21-08, 11:55 PM
Drink lots of water and leave your parka at home.

Also don't wear dark clothing. I made that mistake in Pasadena this last summer.

Tobester
03-22-08, 06:06 AM
Ok. Well that answers my question straight up. Thank you everyone.

sparkie
03-22-08, 09:54 AM
MCRD San Diego climate. Tied with Perth, Australia for the worlds most moderate climate. Quit worrying, constant ocean breeze, and surfer chicks abound.

ggyoung
03-22-08, 10:38 AM
The climate is the least of your worries. Wait until you get in the sand box or maybe way up north somplace. Also don't worry about the surfer chicks. You won't see them anyway.