PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Recruits

Tobester
03-21-08, 06:59 PM
Good evening Leatherneck members

My name is Mark and I am from Canada. I have been speaking with my recruiters now for over 7 months. We tried nearly everything. I-551 Petition, green card, even myself being "indian" wouldn't work. I am determined to get into the Corps.

But anyway, I found something called an I-140 Petition for Alien Worker, has anyone heard of that? Does anyone know if it has been used to recruit a Foreign National?

Thanks for your time, looking forward to reading your reply's :thumbup:

Brandon1
03-21-08, 07:12 PM
Why dont you just move to the United States and become a citizen?

Hologram
03-21-08, 07:19 PM
Or just become a citizen. I don't think it necessarily has to involve moving here.

Zulu 36
03-21-08, 07:26 PM
Nope, no foreign worker program for the military. You have to be at least a resident alien (green card holder) and that means living in the US.

For Brandon1: moving here and becoming a citizen isn't that simple. He'd have to be a resident alien for at least five years, pass the background and written exam. OR, the time frame speeds up if serving in the US military. I think it drops to three years (not sure of exact time frame). Either way, Toebster has to become a resident alien first.

awbrown1462
03-21-08, 07:28 PM
Maybe I am old but knew alot of Marines from Canada even My couisn-in-law

Tobester
03-21-08, 07:30 PM
Looks like I am moving to the States.
--Got some major planning to do :marine:

Brandon1
03-21-08, 07:37 PM
I know it's no easy task moving here, but I thought I would keep it a short and simple answer :)

SGT7477
03-21-08, 07:44 PM
Looks like I am moving to the States.
--Got some major planning to do :marine:
We took a vacation some years ago into Canada what a nice place to visit, anyway we went to the store and handed the lady 100 American bucks well she looks up at my wife and says I wish we had a army that could kick your American asses, I looked at her and said that we have a Marine Corps. that will NEVER let that happen, you should have seen her face,lmfao.

SlingerDun
03-21-08, 09:56 PM
My name is Mark and I am from Canada...myself being "indian" So is Yellowwing a former Marine

dk151993
03-21-08, 11:09 PM
we went to the store and handed the lady 100 American bucks well she looks up at my wife and says I wish we had a army that could kick your American asses, I looked at her and said that we have a Marine Corps. that will NEVER let that happen, you should have seen her face,lmfao.

That's probably the funniest thing I've heard in a while and I needed some humor since this has been a pretty bad week for me and my family.

awbrown1462
03-21-08, 11:15 PM
Hey Tobester you arre only a wannabe you dont have a right to bad mouth any Branch or other Countries Service so kindly take the signature off

Tobester
03-21-08, 11:26 PM
First of all, I didn't bad mouth any branch of the U.S military. Secondly, the canadian military is by my opinion garbage. But I will take it off since people are getting upset. Third I am a wannabe, that is why i came here looking for advice, not a fight.

awbrown1462
03-21-08, 11:30 PM
Thank you that is all I ask and till you are a Marine keep your opinion about any Service to yourself and no one will get upset

Tobester
03-21-08, 11:36 PM
I shall keep that in mind. anyways bury the hatchet.
- Does anyone have anymore info on Foreign Recruits? So far the info has been great but the more the marrier.

rvillac2
03-21-08, 11:47 PM
There is no further information. You must be resident alien first. No exception.

jinelson
03-22-08, 12:24 AM
by Tobester - So is Yellowwing a former Marine

No he is a freaking Marine!

Jim

awbrown1462
03-22-08, 12:34 AM
Tobester read this post Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048) ok

Tobester
03-22-08, 05:47 AM
Read and undestood

Shrike
03-22-08, 09:53 AM
Good evening Leatherneck members

My name is Mark and I am from Canada. I have been speaking with my recruiters now for over 7 months. We tried nearly everything. I-551 Petition, green card, even myself being "indian" wouldn't work. I am determined to get into the Corps.

But anyway, I found something called an I-140 Petition for Alien Worker, has anyone heard of that? Does anyone know if it has been used to recruit a Foreign National?

Thanks for your time, looking forward to reading your reply's :thumbup:

To be able to enlist, you have to get green card first. Most common way to get it - through family member that is American citizen or through employment. If you don't have bachelor degree, employment method it may take years to get it.

Tobester
03-22-08, 05:35 PM
Through employment is the route that my Recruiter and myself are trying at the moment. I am not sure if it will work though since a number of members disagreed with it. I am going to call the INS thsi Tuesday again for more information.
- Thanks for responding everyone.

SlingerDun
03-22-08, 08:27 PM

Jim I tend to be comma happy but forgot last time..."So is Yellowing, a former Marine". Canadian and native, seek his council young man.

--->Dave

Wyoming
03-22-08, 08:31 PM

Jim

Once a Marine, Always a Marine!!!

david529
03-24-08, 11:53 AM
I joined as a resident alien from Scotland. It is alot easier to get your green card, join the Marines and then become a citizen.

I got my citizenship after joining and the military made the process 100 times easier and cut out all of the paperwork i wouldhave had todo myself.

Shrike
03-25-08, 04:00 AM
I joined as a resident alien from Scotland. It is alot easier to get your green card, join the Marines and then become a citizen.

I got my citizenship after joining and the military made the process 100 times easier and cut out all of the paperwork i wouldhave had todo myself.

From what I know, it's much more difficult to get green card, than further process of getting citizenship. How did you get your GC?

david529
03-25-08, 04:19 PM
You get your green card by standing in line all damn day with a bunch of non-english speaking a-holes. It is a hassle and i honestly cannot remember the whole process. Getting a citizenship is also just as hard unless you are in the miltary where its almost all done for you.