PDA

View Full Version : When an Army General Dies

egbutler1
03-20-08, 08:47 PM
After an Army General dies and enters the pearly gates, God takes him on a tour. He shows the General a little two-bedroom house with a faded Army flag hanging from the front porch. "This is your house General," God says happily. "Most people don't get their own houses up here." The General Looks at the house, then turns around and looks at the one sitting on top of the hill. It's a huge, beautiful two-story mansion with white marble columns and little patios under all the windows. Marine Corps flags line both sides of the sidewalk and a huge Marine Corps Emblem hangs between the marble columns. "Thanks for the house God," the General says. "But let me ask you a question. I get this little two-bedroom house with a faded Army flag, and that Marine up there gets a mansion with Marine Corps Emblems and Marine Corps flags flying all over the place. Why is that?" God looks at him seriously for a moment and then says, "General, that's my house."

:usmc:

hrscowboy
03-20-08, 09:47 PM
Outstanding OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOrrrrrraaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

SGT7477
03-20-08, 09:52 PM
Oohrah.

outlaw3179
03-20-08, 11:01 PM
lol...Good stuff.

davblay
03-21-08, 03:44 AM
Ooo-Rah :thumbup:

FistFu68
03-21-08, 07:16 AM
:evilgrin: "F-EN A" SEMPER-FI-THAT :evilgrin:

ggyoung
03-21-08, 11:25 AM
Get sooooooooommmmmmmm.

Quinbo
03-21-08, 02:43 PM
A reporter was touring as many military installations as possible while writing his doctorate thesis. Every Army base he went to had a golden phone with a sign that said "call heaven $100 a minute". The same went for the Air Force and Navy bases he visited. He went on a Marine base and again there was a golden phone but this time the sign said "call heaven .25C". He asked an old top why all the other bases were $100 a minute but on a Marine base the same call was only a quarter. The top said ohh heck that is easy.... from here it is a local call.

yellowwing
03-21-08, 02:50 PM
Ohh-rah

stacemonster81s
07-06-08, 05:41 AM
Semper kill or be killed...

1Marine4Life
07-08-08, 10:55 AM
good deal. ooh rah.

CBS
07-25-08, 04:56 PM
Outstanding !!

jetdawgg
11-19-08, 02:20 PM
Nice:)

avenger08
03-25-09, 12:58 PM
A Marine, Sailor, Airman, and Soldier all approach the pearly gates at the same time, the airman walks up first and snaps to attention, requests permission to enter. the angel at the gate asks, " why should you be permitted to enter these gates?" the airman smartly replies "because i was an airman, i served in the military with no complaints!" the angel replied "Stand by over in the second line." the airman agreed and stood his place in the second line. the sailor walked up next and snapped to attention, requesting permission to enter. again the angel asked "why should you be permitted to enter these gates?" the sailor replied with " i visited numerous countries, provided releif to countries who were devestated by natural disasters and never complained." the angel shook his head and told the sailor to stand by behind the airman. the soldier walked up and snapped to attention, and requested permission to enter. again the angel asked, "why should you be permitted to enter my gates?" the soldier replied " because i served with distinction, helped many americans rebuild their lives after natural disasters struck america, and never complained once." the angel nodded and instructed the soldier to stand in line with the sailor and airman. finally the Marine in dress blues, with medals on straight, coroframs shined walked up to the angel snapped to attention, rendered a salute and stated, "Goodmorning Sir, LCpl Pepper reporting as ordered Sir!" the angel snapped to attention returned the salute and said " Goodmorning LCpl, stand at ease!", "Aye Sir!" replied the Marine, the angel then asks "Marine why should you be permitted to enter my gates?" the Marine replies with " because i have served in two wars, served my country and corps proudly, and *****ed every chance i got." the angel smirked and said "Good enough you may enter!" the Marine snapped back to attention, saluted and said " Aye,Aye sir. by the way your fly is down ****bag!" and walked in. upon hearing this the other three marched over and asked the angel " why would you let a nasty, dirty mouthed Marine walk right in and make us stand in line?" the angel replied with "Because out of all of the branches of the military Marines are the only ones who have the integrity to be honest to me." confused the three asked "What are you talking about? we were honest to you." the angel said "Really? you mean to tell me that not once while you were alive you didnt complain about anything?" embarrased the others stated " you are right, we did complain" the angel said " airman, you lived in comfortable dorms, had three hot meals a day, and lived in luxury. soldier you worked a 9 to 5 job and received the best equipment. sailor, you visited hundreds of ports, and were never shot at once in your life. the Marine fought two wars, was shot at everyday, had the worst equipment, and maybe ate 1 meal a day for seven months a deployment. yet he was still courageous enough to put his life in front of others to make sure they didnt have to come to these gates, would you do the same?"

meallen07
03-25-09, 01:14 PM
All reasons why I can not wait to complete OCS. Leading the best will be a great honor.

RedCowboy
05-09-09, 01:46 PM
HA HA that last one was good. Makes me happy

JWDevilDog
05-10-09, 12:24 AM
Those are all good. Motivating as h*ll.

KILL!

FutureRecon101
05-11-09, 08:15 AM
HA HA. those were great!!

Rocky C
05-11-09, 09:34 AM