PDA

View Full Version : bills

arkaryu
03-20-08, 11:19 AM
I am supposed to leave for boot camp on april 14th and I am stressing out about what to do with my car and insurance.
My family is unable to pay for it while I am gone and I do not have the funds in advance to pay for it.

I am wondering... will there will be any way to allocate funds while I am in boot or to send money home from boot? Is it possible to get a "freeze" on both the car payment and insurance payment until I return home?

I tried doing a search, but couldn't really find any exact answers and I was looking for a more current answer if possible.

any help is appreciated.

Parker-0321
03-20-08, 11:22 AM
Oh I got this one, Send a copy of your orders to the bank or whoever you send your payments to. They are legally obligated to put your bills on hold until you return. If you dont get this done before you leave, you can talk to your Senior Drill Instructor, he will help you, and if need be, help you send money home from boot.

Another Texan joining my beloved Corps, OOHRAH

OB MSG
03-20-08, 11:23 AM
Call both your insurance company and whoever you make your car payment to. They should be able to work with you on a plan to keep things going smooth until you return.

If I remember correctly you can set up alotments for certain things while at boot, but I don't remember anything specific about it. Best to try to settle things before you ship.

arkaryu
03-20-08, 11:30 AM
alright!
thank you both for the quick replies and I will be working on this ASAP.