PDA

View Full Version : Nurse Girlfriend

dmaclurg
03-20-08, 02:10 AM
OK, lets say I marry my girlfriend. Can she work in a Hospital on Base as a nurse? Or are all those jobs filled by the NAVY? Thanks

Recruit MacLurg

Covey_Rider
03-20-08, 02:46 AM
As a nurse at the hospital??? No not that I am aware of. Now when I was at the dentists they did have wives working there...but it's not for much money. My advice would be to wait out marriage. The income you make isn't that much and it will be very tough to have a family. Usually it's better to wait until you're at least a Cpl/Sgt and you both have a good understanding of what you both will be getting into. But all that set aside a lot of wives end up working at the bank or some other place that they have on base. There are jobs out there but I can't imagine that they're that easy to get. Like I said though, I'd wait until you both understand what that type of relationship will be like.

Phantom Blooper
03-20-08, 04:38 AM
When you get a permanent duty station....one that has a naval hospital she puts in an application and on her qualifications waits to get hired.

Also change your recruit signature...your are not one...you are a poolee until and if you hit the yellow footprints!:evilgrin: