PDA

View Full Version : Shades

jackson07
03-19-08, 09:37 PM
Question for everyone. I am looking at getting a pair of tactical sunglasses for wear in uniform. I have a pair of Oakley halfjackets but my cover doesn't fit when I am wearing them. For those of you that wear sunglasses with your uniform can you tell me what you recommend? Thank you.

:marine:

jackson07
03-19-08, 09:46 PM
Sorry for the double post. I also have Wiley-X Rompers, but they don't have black lenses. I am really looking for something I can wear with my cammies, so I need them to be in regs. Thanks again.

Artemis
03-20-08, 11:37 AM
Oakley sells glasses that are military approved and at a discount for those in the military that are ordering them. Wiley-X is also really great about helping out the military. If they make black...

Artemis
03-20-08, 11:38 AM
http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/military-sunglasses.html

Maybe this will get you started? Hope it's helped.

yellowwing
03-20-08, 11:58 AM
There's got to be a joke in there about Hollywood Marines! :D

Phantom Blooper
03-20-08, 12:01 PM
I was going to ask him Wing....where is the pair he was issued in boot camp?:beer:

:evilgrin:

jackson07
03-20-08, 05:19 PM
Well you mean those super sweet and secret sunglass BCGs? They must have been out when I went.

Thanks for the help guys.

Quinbo
03-20-08, 05:31 PM
I have to say there is absolutely nothing Marine proof. If you were issued a brick some Marine would find a way to eff it up. That said; I recommed that you get a cheap pair of blades shooting glasses and save your hard earned duckets for beer and pussy.

yellowwing
03-20-08, 06:11 PM
I have to say there is absolutely nothing Marine proof. If you were issued a brick some Marine would find a way to eff it up. That said; I recommed that you get a cheap pair of blades shooting glasses and save your hard earned duckets for beer and pussy.
That's up there with: Don't buy a $300 watch, its just too much temptation for those ocassional Lance Criminals and shady bar girls. :evilgrin:

Old Marine
03-20-08, 08:29 PM
Sun Glasses in uniform......What the hell are we coming to. The only glasses allowed to be worn in the day were prescription glasses and shooting glasses on the range. Oh well, I guess everything changes. Next it will be beards ala Admiral Zumwalt.

Wyoming
03-20-08, 09:17 PM
There's got to be a joke in there about Hollywood Marines! :D

I was going to ask him Wing....where is the pair he was issued in boot camp?:beer:

OK, you two, knock it off.:cool:

Proud Hollywood Marine and Winger!!

outlaw3179
03-20-08, 11:20 PM
My wiley x in Iraq sucked. Theyd fog up so bad. we use to rip out the sides and that still wouldnt work .

yellowwing
03-20-08, 11:45 PM
My wiley x in Iraq sucked. Theyd fog up so bad. we use to rip out the sides and that still wouldnt work .
You got to spit and rub it in the lenses first. Or was that scuba googles? Dang, I was a pogue don't ask me! But I was not a Hollywood Marine! :marine: :banana: