PDA

View Full Version : I have a Shipdate!

Seyborg
03-19-08, 07:36 PM
Well guys, I have a shipdate and it feels a little bit better! =)

May 16 2008, MCRD Parris Island.
(You see I'm from good ol' West Virginia)

As far as MOS goes, My recruiter and I will be making our way up to MEPs in about 2 weeks; I was not ready to make a decision so for right now, I'm open contract.

Feels good to be a Poolee.

Seyborg Out. :beer:

JSchramm08
03-20-08, 01:36 PM
Congratulations, man. Now just get ready physically and learn the things you need to know: The general orders, the USMC hymn, etc.

Good luck.

Seyborg
03-22-08, 09:47 AM
Thank ya much.

I've been getting physically ready for the past two months (I was in pretty decent shape) and I'm only getting better.

Anything you think I should learn?

Seyborg :beer:

KJH7522
03-22-08, 09:55 AM
11 General Orders of a Sentry, Marines Hymn, USMC Core Values, Marine Rifle Creed, rank structure including enlisted, warrant officers and officers. and do a bit of history.

You should also know that they will push you far beyond what you thought your body can do. Your mind is holding you back, especially if you don't know it. Never quit, and go at it 110%.

I may have forgotten something, Marines help me out!

Seyborg
03-22-08, 10:01 AM
THANKS!

Nah, I understand all that stuff (besides what I have to memorize, I only have some of it in my head) I've been waiting to DEP for a long time, and I'm more than ready (as ready as a civvie can be)

Thanks again!

davblay
03-22-08, 10:37 AM
Seyborg Out. :beer:

Being a poolee still doesn't qualify you to use that term! Sorry, ya gotta earn it!

Welcome to the Pool though!

Dave

Seyborg
03-22-08, 10:43 AM
Sorry about that Dave, my previous posts omit that, I slipped :scared:

Won't happen again, Sir!!