PDA

View Full Version : Some of you poolees are giving the rest of us a bad name.

JAG1990tn
03-19-08, 05:29 PM
I have looked over several threads only to become highly ****ed at some of you.
I know this thread isn't a legitimate post, and I apologize to the moderators.
I am going against my better judgement to keep my mouth closed, but in doing this I hope that some of us poolees will get it together.

The reason being, I have recently read a thread started by Ryan1234. He asked a simple question.When he was giving unwanted advice, he went Ape S*** on some of our Marines. Doing this will get us nowhere. I, myself am far from perfect, yet I grew up knowing what respect was. If I was to type half the things I see other poolees typing my father would whip my a**, yes I am 17 and about to become a man( through my actions, not my age.) It don't matter how old you are. You give respect when dealing with anyone.And if they give you an answer that you don't want. SUCK IT UP AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE. It's not the end of the world. One thing about the thread that inspired me to creat this one was, Ryan, you stated alot of BS, not only were you disrespecting The Few, but you also said to a friend of mine that he "didn't know s***" and for the rest of them to "f*** off" and to leave you alone. If you want to be left alone, why are you here?
You get what you bargain for. By asking a question you receive an answer. To all poolees, money shouldn't be the reason you are joined the Corps. Because in the end, money isn't what keeps a 7.62 from being creamed across your skull. The other Marines before our time, didn't join with money on their minds. They were preserving the tradition. And fighting so that we may sleep at night. and to all poolees that think you can throw your weight around to Marines, respect is what will either make you or break you. They call them The Few because at bootcamp, they weed out all none hackers. If you all can't take it in here on a screen, how are you going to be able to do it when a DI is in your face insulting you like you are nothing. And if you feel like you have to do things your way or no way. Just ask any Marine and I am sure they will tell you that it all comes down to the man to your left or right. without accpeting new ways you will never make it. And back to respect. reading the thread I have spoke about made my blood boil. Some of you are giving us a bad name. Maybe that is why some of the rest of us get harsh answers. But hey it's all good. We accept that they are right and we go on about our business.

I hope I haven't offended too many people by creating this. But if I have, like I said earlier. SUCK IT UP.

Again, moderators, my apologies go to you. As well as the rest of the Marines that have to put up with our crap.
Oh and Ryan1234, I hope to God you are in Fleet when I get there. I will give you that ""Bonus" you were asking so much about.

Hologram
03-19-08, 05:41 PM
This thing or something like it should be made a sticky.

At least in my opinion, which is worthless at this point. (Being a recruit is fun)

JoeInVille
03-19-08, 05:59 PM
I couldnt agree with you more jag. I wasnt so digusted by the money question because bonus's can help people out tremendously but the way various poolees are responding to the Marines on the forums isnt ok.

JoeD
03-19-08, 06:16 PM
I havent been here too too long, but I've noticed it picked up a lot when the new year started. I dont think it matters how many stickies are put up, kids will keep coming here and starting crap with people who know better, and when they are put in their place they throw a hissy fit. Just keep your head up and know that you arent like that and it should suffice, does for me.

davblay
03-19-08, 06:26 PM
Dam it! Just when I start to think every poolee is going spastic on us, one comes along and post one of the most well thought out and written posts I have ever read! What was said needed saying, but it needed to be said by a poolee, and thank GOD we have one with the Balls to put it in print!

My hats off to ya boy! You done good! My faith in the recruiters has just been renewed!

FYI, I think that young poolee, you speak of, is on vacation for a couple to weeks, I could be wrong, but we'll see!

Thank you for renewing my interest in helping you guys, I was ready to throw in the towel!

Dave

JAG1990tn
03-19-08, 06:38 PM
Dam it! Just when I start to think every poolee is going spastic on us, one comes along and post one of the most well thought out and written posts I have ever read! What was said needed saying, but it needed to be said by a poolee, and thank GOD we have one with the Balls to put it in print!

My hats off to ya boy! You done good! My faith in the recruiters has just been renewed!

FYI, I think that young poolee, you speak of, is on vacation for a couple to weeks, I could be wrong, but we'll see!

Thank you for renewing my interest in helping you guys, I was ready to throw in the towel!

Dave

No problem Dave. I felt that I needed to voice myself, and speak for the poolees that are respectful and are in need of good advice. I think I speak for most of us when I say that I am thankful there is A Few Good Men ( and Ladies) here to help us even though alot of us don't get it through our thick little heads.
Thank you as well as all of the Marines here.
And as far as the balls go.. I was raised in the sticks with 10 other kids.Lol. My father is a tough SOB and taught all of us to stand up for what we beleive in and if anyone doesn't want to get with the program, knock him out of the way and keep going. You give respect and if you don't get it back. SUCK IT UP. I think that was his favorite phrase,Lol. Suck it up.."You break your finger? Suck it up" Lol
But thanks again to you and all other Marines here.
And I haven't heard much from the other poolee, he needs a vacation..A LONG vacation. Maybe when he comes back he will have his head on straight. If he keeps that crap up. He may not have a head long at all.But if he don't come back, we won't be missing anything special.

SCrawford
03-19-08, 06:42 PM
Hey i agree with you on what you say, also another thing ive noticed is how many poolees never search AT ALL! I mean before i had a profile i searched the forums and up and down the internet.

JAG1990tn
03-19-08, 06:49 PM
Hey i agree with you on what you say, also another thing ive noticed is how many poolees never search AT ALL! I mean before i had a profile i searched the forums and up and down the internet.

I have noticed that as well. I was one of those people for about 10 minutes. Then I got some harsh words. But I got it together and started doing what I was instructed to do in the first place.

SCrawford
03-19-08, 06:55 PM
Also some questions are common sense and can be figured out by a quick google search or atleast a quick call to your recuiter. Man i called my recuiter every week with questions and recuiters are overlooked, I like my recuiter alot hes pretty motivating also.

JAG1990tn
03-19-08, 07:07 PM
Also some questions are common sense and can be figured out by a quick google search or atleast a quick call to your recuiter. Man i called my recuiter every week with questions and recuiters are overlooked, I like my recuiter alot hes pretty motivating also.

I hear that. My recruiter is cool. He tells me alot of things other recruiters wouldn't. Such as. " you know this isn't going to make you famous or righ don't you?"
And "they are going to be rough on you. Tougher than you would ever imgaine.And you may go to Iraq.Do you understand what I am telling you?"
All around good guy. Didn't sugarcoat anything.(To my knowledge) He didn't say" what can we do for you?" He asked me what I could do for the Corps. and why he should let me sign those papers.

SCrawford
03-19-08, 07:12 PM
One thing that i do like about my recuiter is his respect towards my mother. My first recuiter who left not to long ago wasnt always 100% if you know what i mean. My new recuiter, SSgt Reid, the day he told me he was my recuiter asked me for my number and he called my mother to tell her that he was my new recuiter and introduced himself over the phone and i really appreciated that.

Bullpup
03-19-08, 07:17 PM
Thanks for speaking up JAG. I'm with you all the way.

JAG1990tn
03-19-08, 07:18 PM
Thanks for speaking up JAG. I'm with you all the way.

No problem buddy.
Somebody had to do it.
(Besides, I have always kinda been a leader.Lol)