PDA

View Full Version : Good News For Beer Drinkers!

greensideout
03-19-08, 10:57 AM
:banana: :beer:

Beer Fights Cancer

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:17 AM

By: Sylvia Booth Hubbard

Researchers are always looking for the magic bullet to kill cancer, and now they may have found it in a surprising place – a glass of beer! (Who knew?) It turns out that hops, which is the flavor component of beer, contains a cancer-fighting compound called xanthohumol.

Xanthohumol turns out to be toxic to several kinds of human cancer, including prostate, ovarian, breast, and colon. Further, it inhibits enzymes that can activate the development of cancer, and also helps detoxify carcinogens. It even seems to slow down tumor growth in the early stages. Scientists are trying to produce hops that contain even more xanthohumol, and the Germans are racing to develop a “health” beer.

But wait – there’s more! Other compounds in hops are potent phytoestrogens which may help with post-menopausal hot flashes and also prevent osteoporosis.

Beers that provide the most benefits contain the most hops, and include strong brews such as ale, stout, and porter. In general, the darker the beer, the better. For those who can’t stand beer, herbal supplements made from hops contain the highest concentrations of beneficial elements.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved

jetdawgg
03-19-08, 11:43 AM
I'll drink to that:D :D :bunny:

HABU
03-19-08, 11:50 AM
looks like a bad day to stop drinking.......http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/images/smilies/smileys/cheers.gif

rb1651
03-19-08, 12:27 PM
Glad to know that what I have been doing habitually for many years is actually making me more healthy!!!!:beer:

FistFu68
03-19-08, 12:48 PM
:beer: IN HEAVEN THERE AIN'T NO BEER THAT'S WHY WE HAVE TOO DRINK IT HERE :beer:

cpl liz
03-19-08, 12:55 PM
THANK YOU. Sounds like a great way for me to control my hot flashes. Makes me wonder what "magic cure" is in the cactus used in tequila. Hmmmmmm

jrhd97
03-19-08, 01:08 PM
I kept telling the old lady it wouldn't kill me :beer:.

maverickmarine
03-19-08, 02:43 PM
That is freakin' outstanding news! Now I'm just being healthy when I am drinking!

CHOPPER7199
03-19-08, 03:00 PM
Beer, Also Red Wine. Hmm, Whens The Hard Stuff Ok?

montana
03-19-08, 07:24 PM
soooo ill just keep ol joe beer nippen at my liver

crate78
03-20-08, 08:59 AM
I had a great-aunt who had to have a glass of beer with every meal, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, right up to the day she died at age 94.

Maybe she was onto something!

crate

jetdawgg
03-20-08, 11:22 AM
Beer, Also Red Wine. Hmm, Whens The Hard Stuff Ok?

Cpl Liz is checking on that now:D :usmc:

Alwzcya
03-21-08, 02:14 PM
Do not forgot Beer's postive effect on brain cells, as defined in the Buffalo Beer Theory.