PDA

View Full Version : Infantry Bonus?

Ryan1234
03-18-08, 09:58 PM
Im just curious as i have asked my recruiter many times and checked the search engine. Does anyone have any idea if infantrymen get enlistment bonuses? My recruiter told me he could try to get me a 10,000 enlistement bonus for going infantry. Also if you are shipped overseas how much bonus money do you get?

JoeD
03-18-08, 10:21 PM
My understanding is that infantry doesnt get much if any enlistment bonus, and I've only seen people say they get 10k for going Recon...Besides, 10,000 will only last a little while, the title Marine is much more valuable and rewarding.

Ryan1234
03-18-08, 10:30 PM
My understanding is that infantry doesnt get much if any enlistment bonus, and I've only seen people say they get 10k for going Recon...Besides, 10,000 will only last a little while, the title Marine is much more valuable and rewarding.

Yeah but wouldnt you agree that if any job in the Marine Core is going to get a bonus it should be people who are in the infantry field. I mean being a marine is probably very rewarding but everyone should agree that people in the military deserve more money than people who get paid millions for what playing sports. So a little bit of a bonus would mean a lot.

thewookie
03-18-08, 10:38 PM
Clean up your act RYAN. It's Marine CORPS, not core. And Marine is spelled with a big M, like you stupid Mutherfocker. Your bonus is that you might get to be called a Marine someday. I got a bonus for you,,,

TSchultz
03-18-08, 10:38 PM
If you play it smart, 10K could go a long way.

And...

And Marine is spelled with a big M, like you stupid Mutherfocker.

Lol.

davblay
03-18-08, 10:53 PM
Im just curious as i have asked my recruiter many times and checked the search engine. Does anyone have any idea if infantrymen get enlistment bonuses? My recruiter told me he could try to get me a 10,000 enlistement bonus for going infantry. Also if you are shipped overseas how much bonus money do you get?

ROTFLMAO! :marine:

GO ARMY!

Hologram
03-18-08, 11:17 PM
Yeah, seriously. If you're worried about the money, go to the Army. They throw money around like none other.

As for me, I'm just looking for base pay and allowances. Whatever bonus I get (if any) I'll probably just put into a CD or Treasury bond or something.

StollerK
03-19-08, 01:02 AM
I didnt realize the Marines even entertained the idea of any enlistment bonus.. ever since i met my first Marine its been "why should I let you into my ****ing family?" not "If I give you a bonus will you join?"

Hologram
03-19-08, 01:10 AM
Yeah, they have some enlistment bonuses, but it's much less than any of the other branches give away and it's geared more towards getting people to pick the jobs that desperately need people than for people to join in the first place.

rvillac2
03-19-08, 01:14 AM
Clean up your act RYAN. It's Marine CORPS, not core. And Marine is spelled with a big M, like you stupid Mutherfocker. Your bonus is that you might get to be called a Marine someday. I got a bonus for you,,,
Let me at him, Mike! I want to thrash him so bad!!!!

Bullpup
03-19-08, 01:21 AM
Ryan make sure you take to heart what all these Marines are telling you.
I was offered a ten thousand dollar bonus for an infantry contract. I didn't end up taking it so I never actually saw the contract but I know it's out there.
Hope that helps at least a litte
-David

P.S. Don't pick your job for a bonus. Try and do what you love. If you get a bonus great. If not it doesn't matter.

davblay
03-19-08, 01:51 AM
Let me at him, Mike! I want to thrash him so bad!!!!

SIC him SGT! ;)

Brandon1
03-19-08, 05:36 AM
Are you serious? Tell me i'm dreaming, because this is just to good to be true. If you truly want to be a Marine, then the Title of Marine would mean more to you than money ever would. And to your question...
Yeah but wouldnt you agree that if any job in the Marine Core is going to get a bonus it should be people who are in the infantry field. No not really. Every job in the Marine Corps is an important one, especially if you get deployed, all jobs in Iraq and Afghanistan are dangerous no matter what your MOS is. So blah to you, and your dumb question. It's been said before and it will be said again GO ARMY!

Covey_Rider
03-19-08, 05:43 AM
Are you kidding me??? I hope that if there is a bonus it is not offered to you. Because then maybe you may sign a contract and slip through the lines and get into my Corps. And if THAT happens then you better hope you don't run into me...and it's a small Corps so chances are you will. You should be happy with 3 meals a day and a place to sleep...you want quality of life then join the air force. I'm going to let the other Marines have at you for a little while before I jump back in this.

SGT7477
03-19-08, 08:41 AM
If you are worried about money stay out of our beloved Marine Corps. or are you thinking you could just buy that Rose Garden?

Ryan1234
03-19-08, 08:57 AM
Wow im worried about money because my family is in debt and they cant afford to pay for my brother bone marrow transplant. Im not ****ing worried about money dumb****s when you have a 3 year old brother who could die from Leukemia and ****ing day now then you ****ing shut the **** up. If i wanted to go join the ****ing army i would have i know how much ****ing money they offer but i dont give a **** about money most of my money and bonus if i get any are going to my dying little brother so **** off.

Covey_Rider
03-19-08, 09:02 AM
Incoming. I'm to cold hearted and therefor will probably sit this one out.

Seyborg
03-19-08, 09:02 AM
Bad question.

Thats a no brainer.

It's not like the Army in the Corps. Infantry in the Corps is seriously one of the most sought after jobs. In the Army, you could get up to 20,000 if you joined as infantry. (Lots of people join the Army for $$$)

The Corps will offer you a bonus however.

If you get some of the least desired jobs in the Corps. (Not many of these, lots of people take jobs that other people don't like)

Even then it might only be 10,000.

Thats nice if you save it, but I'd rather just work a job I like and enjoy life in the Corps.

You've heard it before: The title Marine is all I want, what more is there?

I am sorry to hear about your little brother though. If that seriously is the case, I would look into Army, it is still honorable and you'll get a HUGE bonus if you work it!

Seyborg :beer:

Ryan1234
03-19-08, 09:07 AM
****ing ridiculous how i get so much **** for asking a ****ing question. Like seriously did i say i wanted to join the MARINE CORPS for money? So **** i get harrassed because i need money to help my brother.

SGT7477
03-19-08, 09:08 AM
Wow im worried about money because my family is in debt and they cant afford to pay for my brother bone marrow transplant. Im not ****ing worried about money dumb****s when you have a 3 year old brother who could die from Leukemia and ****ing day now then you ****ing shut the **** up. If i wanted to go join the ****ing army i would have i know how much ****ing money they offer but i dont give a **** about money most of my money and bonus if i get any are going to my dying little brother so **** off.
BTW little man who are you responding too?:evilgrin:

Ryan1234
03-19-08, 09:14 AM
BTW little man who are you responding too?:evilgrin:

Everyone who is saying **** when they dont even know what its about or anthing. Your a dumbmother ****er go join the army. Which would include you SIR!

SGT7477
03-19-08, 09:16 AM
I will guarantee your stay here will be short.

Covey_Rider
03-19-08, 09:20 AM
Alright you little piece of sh*t. I don't give a hell what's going on in your life. As far as I'm concerned you're nothing but one more retard wasting perfectly good oxygen. Do not even think about coming on here and insulting any of these Marines. You don't know SH*T about pain. You think you have one up on anyone here??? You think you're life is so much more difficult??? You have no idea... Stay away from the Corps you pu$$y a$$ little b*tch. Go crawl back where you came from. You should have been shot into a tissue when your old man had the chance.

OB MSG
03-19-08, 09:23 AM
All right Poolee,

You need to throttle back about seven or eight notches. No one in here is trying to impugn your honor, integrity or anything else. They are simply saying that you seem to have money on the mind, which by your own admission, is a factor to help take care of your brother.

You need to seriously think about what you are going to do how you want to go about doing it. If you want to help your family by getting a bonus check then you should look at the Army. As others have said, they are throwing money around like crazy to get their numbers up. If you want to be a Marine because it's something YOU want then you are not going to get the big checks.

Look online, either in here or Google it, but you can see what a PVT or PFC makes each month. It's not a lot of money, but you could help your family with it. The only thing is that it will take longer because it won't be a lot up front, nor will it be a lot over time. As I have said before, we join the Corps to be the best, not the best paid.

If what I said here gets under your skin then that is too bad, I, along with these other Marines, Poolees, etc., are trying to help you. If you still feel like you want to try to jump down our throats, then stand-by for incoming, we do go for the throat.

SGT7477
03-19-08, 09:35 AM
Everyone who is saying **** when they dont even know what its about or anthing. Your a dumbmother ****er go join the army. Which would include you SIR!
Another thing you don't know the half of everyone else's life do you, just go back and start at the very beginning you said nothing about your brother you need to grow the f-ck up, I hope you get your ass booted out of here we don't need your kind in our Corps. and I would watch your step there is alot of active Marines on board and if you happen to be a Marine someday, the **** does roll down hill you know you could meet one of these Marines in the fleet someday.:evilgrin:

Brandon1
03-19-08, 10:23 AM
Where should I send the flowers to? Please stop swearing, you really really suck at it. Come back when you learn what the word "Respect" means, because you have shown none here. Your 18, get a flippin job and stop sitting on your ass all day eating potato chips watching your supposed "Dying" brother...Well die. Anyways, boohoo get over it.

sparkie
03-19-08, 10:29 AM
There were bonuses when I was in,,,, It was called 'buying the farm'.

Wyoming
03-19-08, 11:02 AM
Incoming. I'm to cold hearted and therefor will probably sit this one out.

WOW!!!

I agree.

Jeez!!

Ryan1234
03-19-08, 11:05 AM
All right Poolee,

You need to throttle back about seven or eight notches. No one in here is trying to impugn your honor, integrity or anything else. They are simply saying that you seem to have money on the mind, which by your own admission, is a factor to help take care of your brother.

You need to seriously think about what you are going to do how you want to go about doing it. If you want to help your family by getting a bonus check then you should look at the Army. As others have said, they are throwing money around like crazy to get their numbers up. If you want to be a Marine because it's something YOU want then you are not going to get the big checks.

Look online, either in here or Google it, but you can see what a PVT or PFC makes each month. It's not a lot of money, but you could help your family with it. The only thing is that it will take longer because it won't be a lot up front, nor will it be a lot over time. As I have said before, we join the Corps to be the best, not the best paid.

If what I said here gets under your skin then that is too bad, I, along with these other Marines, Poolees, etc., are trying to help you. If you still feel like you want to try to jump down our throats, then stand-by for incoming, we do go for the throat.

Honestly i respect every Marine like it says in my profile. Favorite Marine:All of them. But why should i be cussed at for making a few spelling mistakes and wondering if you get an infantry bonus. Like i cant just ask a question about things and get harrassed. Sorry i thought thats what this board was far to to gain information about things. All they had to say is it is not Marine core it is Marine Corps, not go to ****ing hell you mother****er how dare you make a spelling error. Seriously sorry that i suck at spelling and get confused when people say Marine Corps because it sounds like Marine Core to me. Sorry i didn't capatilize Marine, Sorry i insulted Marines but seriously. I mean dont you think i would have joined the Army if i wanted to. Yeah i didn't obviously want to. I didn't join for the money or else i would have joined the Army or went to college. I wanted to join the Marines because it is the best branch of service and the most respected. I want to be a Marine whether you guys like it or not im going to do anything to become one too. So go ahead and say **** because its not going to change my mind about being a Marine at all.

Ryan1234
03-19-08, 11:08 AM
Alright you little piece of sh*t. I don't give a hell what's going on in your life. As far as I'm concerned you're nothing but one more retard wasting perfectly good oxygen. Do not even think about coming on here and insulting any of these Marines. You don't know SH*T about pain. You think you have one up on anyone here??? You think you're life is so much more difficult??? You have no idea... Stay away from the Corps you pu$$y a$$ little b*tch. Go crawl back where you came from. You should have been shot into a tissue when your old man had the chance.

Thank you for the motivation.

HABU
03-19-08, 11:12 AM
when i enlisted it was purely to serve, nothing else. i got a check every two weeks and that's all that i needed. i would have enlisted for room and board if that was the deal. i loved the Corps... the lifestyle suited me.

apply yourself... that's the secret. i always reminded myself that it's never about me... i suppose that's what you call duty-minded.

Ryan1234
03-19-08, 11:22 AM
when i enlisted it was purely to serve, nothing else. i got a check every two weeks and that's all that i needed. i would have enlisted for room and board if that was the deal. i loved the Corps... the lifestyle suited me.

apply yourself... that's the secret. i always reminded myself that it's never about me... i suppose that's what you call duty-minded.

Thank you for the positive answer. Most everyone else has been like i hope you die and you dont deserve to be in the Marines. Its all good though i said my apology hopefully it will be accepted.

Quinbo
03-19-08, 11:29 AM
I was infantry and got a reenlistment bonus. I can't recall exactly but I think it was around 3 grand. The way reenlistment bonus' are paid out is you get half up front (after taxes of course), so I think I got a check for right around a thousand.... then after 2 years you get half of the other half, so maybe an extra $400 one payday.... then a year later you get the other $400.

To boil it down after serving 4 years I got a check for $1,000 to reenlist then after serving 6 years I got another check then at the 7 year mark I got another check. All told before taxes it was about $3,000. You want a bonus go serve a full contract then reenlist ;)

I'll tell you who is living fat and large on bonus checks is EOD. You think infantry has a dangerous job, the EOD guys all have gray hair by the time they are 25.

HABU
03-19-08, 11:31 AM
when i was in the wing they gave me a $16,000 bonus.. a lot of bucks at the time.. that was my only bonus.

SGT7477
03-19-08, 11:35 AM
Thank you for the positive answer. Most everyone else has been like i hope you die and you dont deserve to be in the Marines. Its all good though i said my apology hopefully it will be accepted.
You screwed up plain and simple believe me it's not over I hope they boot your ass out of here.:evilgrin:

HABU
03-19-08, 11:39 AM
what did he do?... i'm new here.

SGT7477
03-19-08, 11:42 AM
what did he do?... i'm new here.
Go from the beginning of post 1, he doesn't know the meaning of Respect people like that will be lucky to make it through boot camp he could very well be looking at getting his ass booted out of here.:evilgrin:

HABU
03-19-08, 11:45 AM
he's a civilian am i right?... they'll get all of his ducks in a row... you know that.

...or doesn't boot camp have an effect on people anymore?

davblay
03-19-08, 11:54 AM

The Marines are a non forgiving bunch of men. Once you have said something to insult one Marine you have insulted us all! Some will even consider accepting your apology, but most will not. Having said that, it sems to me that in your five threads that you have started on this site, 3 out of the 5 had alredy been answered in other threads, you chose not to use the search engine and save these attacks on you. You seem to have been delighted in your ability to show your disrespect to the Marines on this site instead!

As a poolee/wannabee on this site you must remember that YOU are a guest on our site. If you ask a question be prepared for whatever answer you may get from the collective members. We have earned that right, you have not earned the right to respond with your cussing and bad attitude!
I have said many time to poolees on this site "leave your attitude at the log in page", you will get better response that way. If you don't like what is being said in a reply, simply move on and do not reply, that only stirs more fire if you do!

It is my opinion that you have shown disrepsect to many Good Marines here on this thread, enough to warrant you taking a little time off from the site to reflect on what we have been trying to say to you. So I repectfully request that the Moderators close this thread and bann you for a few days to reflect on the content of your post and replies to the resonses you have gotten here on this thread!

NUFF SAID ON THIS SUBJECT!

Dave

SGT7477
03-19-08, 11:55 AM
he's a civilian am i right?... they'll get all of his ducks in a row... you know that.

...or doesn't boot camp have an effect on people anymore?
Just a poolee that can't handle ****.:evilgrin:

HABU
03-19-08, 12:03 PM
like i said, i'm new here. and it's been 20 years since i served so just overlook me if i haven't read the plan of the day..

egbutler1
03-19-08, 12:21 PM
First off I cant tell you for me to reenlist in 05 (which i didn't) it was 35K. Some of my buddies that reenlisted last year got 75k but they LAT moved into EOD and such and they reenlisted in Iraq. But seriously if your looking for a reason to join and that reason is the money, your not going to find it in the Corps not for a first-term guy. Normaly the Army is right next to the Marine recruiting station so if its about the money head on over there i bet they will throw you a winning lotto ticket if you sign a few papers. I'm not going all nuts and drill instructor on you right now, but you really need to decide why you would join the Marines. I have served with guys who signed up for money and they turned out to be really ****ty Marines most of the time.

thewookie
03-19-08, 12:37 PM

I'm not sure if I believe you or not but that doesn't really matter. My BS detector is always in a high state of readiness on this site. But if you're telling us the truth then I hope the best for your little brother. And here's a little tip for the future. If you're going to come on here and ask a question that's very likely to get you flamed then maybe you should give us all the facts beforehand. Could have been an entirely different thread if you gave us that info upfront. Maybe you didn't think that was such a bad question but, you are talking to men and women who have given more then we ever received. If you had told us about your brother, as being the main reason for the money then maybe you would have seen some compassion. Heck, I might even shake your hand before you make it. But to come in here like you did it's not going to be fun on the receiving end.