PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp Graduation Dates and Address

FeMzZ
03-18-08, 05:22 PM
I checked out the 2008 Parris Island grad. dates on a U.S.M.C. site and i know you are supposed to graduate during the 13th week after you've been sent to MCRD. I leave June 6 and the 13 week appears to be Sept. 14-20 and the only grad. date scheduled for that week is that Friday, September 19, 2008. It says Echo Co., 2nd RTBn., and Papa Co., 4th RTBn will be graduating that day....so would that mean in boot i'll be part of either of those 2 companies? Also, in the "Welcome Aboard" package in the booklet on page27 it says "At graduation, one recruit is is selected from each platoon as the Honor Graduate and recieves a meritorious promotion to PFC and a set of the "dress blue" uniform...This confused me because i always thought every Marine, after completing The Crucible, earned his dress blues but this booklet says something else that didnt make sense to me

Secondly, i know while you're in bootcamp the address you are given is:
Pvt (your full name)
Plt. (platoon number)
Company (your company designation)
Battalion(battalion #)
Recruit Training Regiment
Marine Corps Recruit Depot
Parris Island, SC 29905

is there any way to know ahead of time the specifics of your platoon, company, and battalion? because it would help a lot if i can let my family and friends know what to put down instead of having them wait a few weeks to recieve my first letter and then have it spread from there. thanks

FeMzZ
03-18-08, 05:30 PM
Sorry i have another question but didnt want to spam and make another thread. But i read that the graduation ceremony start at 10am and last about an hour. So does this mean that you can be on a plane heading home to start your 10 day break that same day or are you held at MCRD for something extra?

JAG1990tn
03-18-08, 05:32 PM
I checked out the 2008 Parris Island grad. dates on a U.S.M.C. site and i know you are supposed to graduate during the 13th week after you've been sent to MCRD. I leave June 6 and the 13 week appears to be Sept. 14-20 and the only grad. date scheduled for that week is that Friday, September 19, 2008. It says Echo Co., 2nd RTBn., and Papa Co., 4th RTBn will be graduating that day....so would that mean in boot i'll be part of either of those 2 companies? Also, in the "Welcome Aboard" package in the booklet on page27 it says "At graduation, one recruit is is selected from each platoon as the Honor Graduate and recieves a meritorious promotion to PFC and a set of the "dress blue" uniform...This confused me because i always thought every Marine, after completing The Crucible, earned his dress blues but this booklet says something else that didnt make sense to me

Pvt (your full name)
Plt. (platoon number)
Battalion(battalion #)
Parris Island, SC 29905

is there any way to know ahead of time the specifics of your platoon, company, and battalion? because it would help a lot if i can let my family and friends know what to put down instead of having them wait a few weeks to recieve my first letter and then have it spread from there. thanks

I think all grads occur on Fridays. When is your shipdate? Have you posted it yet?
And for your sake. You better hope they don't put you in 4th RTB, That is for females only.Lol

FeMzZ
03-18-08, 05:34 PM
I think all grads occur on Fridays. When is your shipdate? Have you posted it yet?
And for your sake. You better hope they don't put you in 4th RTB, That is for females only.Lol

Yeah i leave June 16th, its at the top of my post. Haha, guess i'll be in Echo :marine:

SGT7477
03-18-08, 05:47 PM
Oh hell being with them females for awhile would be fun don't you agree?:evilgrin: :flag:

outlaw3179
03-18-08, 05:56 PM
Youll be able to go home the same day of graduation. No idea how far it is to the airport but when you make arrangements give youself plenty of time (afternoon departure time). Hope this helps.

RYDERKUR
03-18-08, 06:07 PM
Negative on part of the address. Its RCT Dumbass or Recruit Dumbass, not PVT. We never know about the Dress Blues. You don't get them after the Crucible, but I just recently saw that JDNCowboy graduated in Blues, so I don't know for sure.

outlaw3179
03-18-08, 06:13 PM
Negative on part of the address. Its RCT Dumbass or Recruit Dumbass, not PVT.

lol..thanks for the laugh.

davblay
03-18-08, 06:39 PM

Pvt (your full name)
Plt. (platoon number)
Battalion(battalion #)
Parris Island, SC 29905

To start with you stated that you ship on June 6th, 2008. That is on a Friday, what are you gonna do all week end? The Corps always ships on Monday or Tuesday (in case of holiday)! Find out what day you will ship (exact date), which will be on a Monday (most likely) then count 13 weeks from that date. That will be your projected graduation date (if you make it that far) at Parris Island. Then look at the graduation schedule and find that date, that will tell you what Company and Bn you will be in (forget about the 4th BN, they are all female).

Your address will be something like this (trust me I write a lot of letters to recruits):

Rct, Last name, first name, Middle Initial
Plt_____,?BN, ? Company
Box______
Parris, Island, S.C. 29905-____

You will be given your Eagle, Globe and Anchor Emblem upon completion of the Crucible, not Dress Blues! Dress Blues are issued to each recruit along with all the other uniforms. They are Given, as a gift (free), to the Honor men of the Company and Platoon. Everyone else pays for them, just like the other issued stuff you'll get, right out of your pay!

Last: there is no way of kowing what platoon you will be in until they form the platoons, so you can't have your address before you get there! Sorry that's just the way it is!

FeMzZ
03-18-08, 07:17 PM
Negative on part of the address. Its RCT Dumbass or Recruit Dumbass, not PVT. We never know about the Dress Blues. You don't get them after the Crucible, but I just recently saw that JDNCowboy graduated in Blues, so I don't know for sure.
on page 23 of the booklet in the Welcome Aboard package it says "Pvt (full name)"

Davblay, sorry about that, thats a type. i leave June 16th for MCRD

RYDERKUR
03-18-08, 07:44 PM
I know mine said it too. Just like about everything else in the Corps, the packet is probably about 50 years old and needs updating. I was just informing you.

Ryan1234
03-18-08, 09:49 PM
From what i have heard from marines who just got back from bootcamp. They have been telling me now that everyone gets Dress Blues free. They have been saying its something new they have been doing. Who knows they may be wrong.

davblay
03-18-08, 10:36 PM
To start with you stated that you ship on June 6th, 2008. That is on a Friday, what are you gonna do all week end? The Corps always ships on Monday or Tuesday (in case of holiday)! Find out what day you will ship (exact date), which will be on a Monday (most likely) then count 13 weeks from that date. That will be your projected graduation date (if you make it that far) at Parris Island. Then look at the graduation schedule and find that date, that will tell you what Company and Bn you will be in (forget about the 4th BN, they are all female).

Your address will be something like this (trust me I write a lot of letters to recruits):

Rct, Last name, first name, Middle Initial
Plt_____,?BN, ? Company
Box______
Parris, Island, S.C. 29905-____

You will be given your Eagle, Globe and Anchor Emblem upon completion of the Crucible, not Dress Blues! Dress Blues are issued to each recruit along with all the other uniforms. They are Given, as a gift (free), to the Honor men of the Company and Platoon. Everyone else pays for them, just like the other issued stuff you'll get, right out of your pay!

Last: there is no way of knowing what platoon you will be in until they form the platoons, so you can't have your address before you get there! Sorry that's just the way it is!

This is the second time you have questioned my answers! What part of my Posts don't you understand? Do you just want to listen to the words of the less experienced, or is it that you just want to argue? I seems to me that you prefer not to listen to me!:mad:

Now pay attention to detail! All these subjects have been covered in the poolee hall forum, so USE THE SEARCH ENGINE!

NUFF SAID!

Dave

davblay
03-18-08, 10:43 PM
on page 23 of the booklet in the Welcome Aboard package it says "Pvt (full name)"

I am not going to debate the PVT or RCT issue with you....as you will find out soon enough! Booklet be damned!

Leaving June 16th it looks like 1stBN, Alpha Co. to me! But then what do I know? I am only a Marine!

Oh and read the rules for poolees again in the poolee hall forums!

davblay
03-18-08, 10:47 PM
From what i have heard from marines who just got back from bootcamp. They have been telling me now that everyone gets Dress Blues free. They have been saying its something new they have been doing. Who knows they may be wrong.

See post #13! :evilgrin:

NUFF SAID!

davblay
03-18-08, 10:50 PM
Sorry i have another question but didnt want to spam and make another thread. But i read that the graduation ceremony start at 10am and last about an hour. So does this mean that you can be on a plane heading home to start your 10 day break that same day or are you held at MCRD for something extra?

When your SDI says Platoon Dismissed, you are on leave!

Hologram
03-18-08, 11:32 PM
And for your sake. You better hope they don't put you in 4th RTB, That is for females only.LolThere are some that are on Wednesday. I'm one of those.

Hologram
03-18-08, 11:35 PM
Anyway, I believe they just recently started issuing dress blues to all graduates.

And I believe you're referring to meritorious LCpl, but I could be wrong.

davblay
03-18-08, 11:41 PM
Anyway, I believe they just recently started issuing dress blues to all graduates.

And I believe you're referring to meritorious LCpl, but I could be wrong.
Well poolee......you are right and you are wrong! PFC is meritorious to most recruits that are chosen Honor man! You have to be one heck of a recruit to get L/CPL out of Boot Camp! But you are right about the Blues, but let me say this one more time, "you pay for them", just like you do every other uniform issued to you! They are not FREE! Except for the Honor men, then they (the Blues) are a gift from the Corps!

Dave

davblay
03-18-08, 11:45 PM
There are some that are on Wednesday. I'm one of those.

If a major holiday falls on thursday or friday then the graduation is moved up to Wednesday, you are correct! :marine:

Hologram
03-18-08, 11:55 PM
Well poolee......you are right and you are wrong! PFC is meritorious to most recruits that are chosen Honor man! You have to be one heck of a recruit to get L/CPL out of Boot Camp! But you are right about the Blues, but let me say this one more time, "you pay for them", just like you do every other uniform issued to you! They are not FREE! Except for the Honor men, then they (the Blues) are a gift from the Corps!

DaveYes, I knew that I had to pay for all my uniforms. Anyway, it's my goal to make LCpl then get Corporal as soon as possible.

I'm the kind of guy who thinks that if someone else can do, I can too. One of the reasons I chose the Corps instead of the Navy or Army.

davblay
03-19-08, 12:05 AM
Yes, I knew that I had to pay for all my uniforms. Anyway, it's my goal to make LCpl then get Corporal as soon as possible.

I'm the kind of guy who thinks that if someone else can do, I can too. One of the reasons I chose the Corps instead of the Navy or Army.

That's what this guy did, so it is possible. He just made CPL a few weeks ago.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=21048

SGT7477
03-19-08, 07:10 AM
There is nothing free you pay for everything.:evilgrin:

Marine84
03-19-08, 07:24 AM
That's what this guy did, so it is possible. He just made CPL a few weeks ago.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=21048

LOL! Just cause he eats a lot of bananas! :banana:

JAG1990tn
03-19-08, 02:16 PM
Yeah i leave June 16th, its at the top of my post. Haha, guess i'll be in Echo :marine:

At the top you said June 6th. I think I have seen you on Myspace. If I am correct, you may want to change your screen name. But, I am not for sure if you and he are the same so don't take that the wrong way.

JAG1990tn
03-19-08, 02:32 PM
At the top you said June 6th. I think I have seen you on Myspace. If I am correct, you may want to change your screen name. But, I am not for sure if you and he are the same so don't take that the wrong way.

Ok, I done what I should have done to begin with. I looked over your profile. You are clear. My apologies.
But for reference, do you know this wannabe?
Or have any networking with him?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=184919055

davblay
03-19-08, 03:09 PM
LOL! Just cause he eats a lot of bananas! :banana:

I wonder if it was a CABANA BANANA? ROTFLMAO! :banana:

Camper51
03-19-08, 03:34 PM

Just keep on challenging the Marines on here and you will find yourself on the outside and not looking in. Just because you are looking at some stupid freaking booklet doesn't mean that's the way it is. When I went through bootcamp back in the stone age we were referred to as PRIVATES, however today recruits are referred to as RECRUIT until they have earned the right to be called a private. Things change and don't ever believe any book or pamphlet you get or read. They aren't always accurate as you are finding out...

JAG1990tn
03-19-08, 04:07 PM
Just keep on challenging the Marines on here and you will find yourself on the outside and not looking in. Just because you are looking at some stupid freaking booklet doesn't mean that's the way it is. When I went through bootcamp back in the stone age we were referred to as PRIVATES, however today recruits are referred to as RECRUIT until they have earned the right to be called a private. Things change and don't ever believe any book or pamphlet you get or read. They aren't always accurate as you are finding out...

I agree. Just suck it up and go on. The booklet I have also says PVT. And at MEPS you sign everything as PVT( your name). But None of us poolees have earned that title yet. And even when you get to BC you will be a Recruit. And it would probally be best if you address your mail as Recuit instead of private.You don't want to draw anymore attention to yourself than you will already have. So listen to the Marines on here, suck it up,and go on. Even if you don't agree with them, just keep your mouth shut. You will find out soon enough.All of us poolees will.Personally, I think you as well as the rest of us poolees shpuld be thankful that they are here to help us.So that we don't go into Bootcamp without a clue.And get jacked up by the DIs. They are here to help. Listen to them.

And here is my thanks.
Thank you Marines.