PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork in Boot

FeMzZ
03-18-08, 05:02 PM
I know the first few days of boot there is a lot of paperwork to be completed. What kind of information will we need when arriving? As in, i know theres the "direct deposit" form of being paid so im guessing we will need our bank account information. They day ebfore MEPS i had to fill out papers in which i gave several people's names as a resource i believe, will i need to do that again at boot? Also i believe we have to fill out some kind of last will or something. And i still have to speak to my recruiter about it but i MAY decide to put my car into storage(my recruiter said the Marines can hold it for me) for my 13 weeks, would i need to bring anything to boot for that? thanks alot, i just would like to get everything in order now so it will be simple in boot

BR34
03-18-08, 05:26 PM
Bring your birth cert., s.s. card, photo i.d. and any paper work your recruiter sends you with.

Direct deposit will go to Fort Sill Nation Bank if you go to P.I. (you can't just use whatever bank you like). I've never heard of the Marine Corps "holding" someone's vehicle. Maybe your recruiter means he'll take personal care of it ;). There's no parking garage for you at the Recruit Depot.

Xebec
03-19-08, 08:57 PM
As far as storing a car goes, I have heard storage of things like that on a base, like Lejune or something. Not a MCRD.

Hopefully you weren't talking about the Marines at PI holding it for you, because I thought that everybody was shown the movie of coming in at like 0400 getting yelled at to get off Their bus.

davblay
03-19-08, 09:13 PM
I know the first few days of boot there is a lot of paperwork to be completed. What kind of information will we need when arriving? As in, i know theres the "direct deposit" form of being paid so im guessing we will need our bank account information. They day ebfore MEPS i had to fill out papers in which i gave several people's names as a resource i believe, will i need to do that again at boot? Also i believe we have to fill out some kind of last will or something. And i still have to speak to my recruiter about it but i MAY decide to put my car into storage(my recruiter said the Marines can hold it for me) for my 13 weeks, would i need to bring anything to boot for that? thanks alot, i just would like to get everything in order now so it will be simple in boot
You will be issued a Bank debit card. The Corps will set up the account for you. Your pay will go into that account on the 1st and 15th of each month. You will not have a choice of banks.

The Corps will not provide your car with storage for your time in Boot Camp, but I will be happy to look after it for ya! ;) As far as the Will is concerned...just make me your beneficiary, I will make sure that $250,000.00 is well spent! :marine:

Your recruiter, or MEPS, will give you all the paperwork you will need to take with you to boot camp.

Have a nice trip and say hello to the DIs for me......They all know me! LMAO!

BR34
03-20-08, 06:05 AM
That card that is issued is actually a smart card, and can only be used at the PX. It's not your traditional bank debit card. I don't even think they have names on them.

davblay
03-20-08, 08:58 AM
That card that is issued is actually a smart card, and can only be used at the PX. It's not your traditional bank debit card. I don't even think they have names on them.

Thanks L/CPL I didn't know that. Thanks for thr update. :marine:

Semper Fi,

Dave

Artemis
03-20-08, 11:24 AM
As far as the Will is concerned...just make me your beneficiary, I will make sure that $250,000.00 is well spent! images/smilies/icon_blues.gif

Just so you know Dave it is at $400,000 now with a $50,000 death gratuity. Yes thats right that is a total of $450,000. Just make sure to cut me in on it if you would be so kind Dave.

davblay
03-20-08, 12:37 PM
As far as the Will is concerned...just make me your beneficiary, I will make sure that $250,000.00 is well spent! images/smilies/icon_blues.gif

Just so you know Dave it is at $400,000 now with a $50,000 death gratuity. Yes thats right that is a total of $450,000. Just make sure to cut me in on it if you would be so kind Dave.

Thanks Nelly, I didn't know that either, whew I am just gonna have to keep my mouth shut from now on!

Dave

FeMzZ
03-20-08, 12:37 PM
You will be issued a Bank debit card. The Corps will set up the account for you. Your pay will go into that account on the 1st and 15th of each month. You will not have a choice of banks.

The Corps will not provide your car with storage for your time in Boot Camp, but I will be happy to look after it for ya! ;) As far as the Will is concerned...just make me your beneficiary, I will make sure that $250,000.00 is well spent! :marine:

Your recruiter, or MEPS, will give you all the paperwork you will need to take with you to boot camp.

Have a nice trip and say hello to the DIs for me......They all know me! LMAO!

So on the 1st and 15th, i will recieve the E-1 pay? I mean i looked it up and since i would be Enlisted w/ Less That 14 Years Service as an E-1 it says the paygrade is $1301.40. So is that the monthly pay or the pay you recieve on the 1st and 15th? I would like to know because my parents always ask me what im going to get paid because they are still trying to cope with the fact that my arse belongs to a DI in less than 3 months.

Hah, well the car has definitely costed me my fair share in speeding tickets so i dont know if you really still want to take care of it unless you are very good friends with your local police department ;) i dont even know what the $250,000.00 is but im not planning on going anywhere anytime soon, i just wanted to know what information i would need on the person i choose.

thanks alot to everyone though, this thread helped me alot

davblay
03-20-08, 12:40 PM
That is a months pay, you get half on the 1st and half on the 15th! I hope I am right about that!

sawatzke82
03-20-08, 03:31 PM
You should have done your next of kin papers at MEPS when you DEPed in.
At least we did at the Jacksonville MEPS.

outlaw3179
03-20-08, 06:41 PM
Just do what your told , be smart and your parents wont have to win the Marine Corps. Lottery.

HABU
03-20-08, 06:56 PM
i remember that when i was a priv in parris island i made $419 a month...

sawatzke82
03-20-08, 07:07 PM
My recruiter was telling us the other day that his pay as a PFC back in 2000 was $600 a month, and that wasnt too long ago.

Artemis
03-20-08, 07:49 PM
sawatzke82 either you are miss quoting him or he is pulling your leg. Back in 2000 the monthly pay for an E2 with under 2 years of service was $1127.40. He probably said $600 every 2 weeks.

sawatzke82
03-20-08, 08:07 PM
I thought he said $300 every two weeks but I may have miss-understood...We saw a dodge viper when we visited Kings Bay last saturday and pay came up. It must be pretty good now, considering what it has been in the past anyway.

ZSKI
03-20-08, 09:29 PM

well i dunno how much **** changed since i went in 06 but we where given bolth a smart card and debt eather or could be used at the px.