PDA

View Full Version : NROTC or PLC

TylerMikael
03-18-08, 12:20 PM
I want to be a Leiutenant, but am unsure of the best way to obtain this status. Which is the best way to go, NROTC or PLC.
Please help. Thanks!:evilgrin:

TylerMikael
03-18-08, 12:50 PM
I'm sorry I posted this question in "The Drifter's Place", I didn't realize that I did.

OB MSG
03-18-08, 12:56 PM
Yup, you're going to the big flame broiler down below! (Seriously though, ask a moderator if they can move it for you.)

TylerMikael
03-18-08, 12:58 PM
Thank You, Sir. I'll have it moved on the double.

Ub3rmike
03-18-08, 09:38 PM
Big part of NROTC is the whole scholarship. My RSS commander told me I should apply for it because it is a considerable amount of money. Im opting the PLC path right now though, got accepted into UCI and UCSB so far.

There are two camps. One camp will tell you to opt for either 92 day or just PLC as a civilian. The other camp will tell you to go NROTC, since it is one of the most direct paths to becoming a 2nd Lt.

Going in as the former, I'm not going to knock either method, as I'm sure both methods are designed to weed out those who have no business at all leading men in the military. The choice is all up to you, you might as well make it yourself since as an officer I'm sure you'll be called on to make important decisions.

Hologram
03-18-08, 11:19 PM
And then there's always Annapolis.

rvillac2
03-19-08, 01:16 AM
I want to be a Leiutenant, but am unsure of the best way to obtain this status. Which is the best way to go, NROTC or PLC.
Please help. Thanks!:evilgrin:

How about you put yourself in line to finish your freshman year of high school first. Graduate high school with a good gpa and apply to college.
That's the only route you need to worry about right now.

TylerMikael
03-19-08, 05:05 PM
How about you put yourself in line to finish your freshman year of high school first. Graduate high school with a good gpa and apply to college.
That's the only route you need to worry about right now.

Aye,Aye, Sir. I guess that would be the smartest decision rather than worring about things that won't even matter, untill the next few years. Thank you sir.:D

TylerMikael
03-19-08, 05:12 PM
Big part of NROTC is the whole scholarship. My RSS commander told me I should apply for it because it is a considerable amount of money. Im opting the PLC path right now though, got accepted into UCI and UCSB so far.

There are two camps. One camp will tell you to opt for either 92 day or just PLC as a civilian. The other camp will tell you to go NROTC, since it is one of the most direct paths to becoming a 2nd Lt.

Going in as the former, I'm not going to knock either method, as I'm sure both methods are designed to weed out those who have no business at all leading men in the military. The choice is all up to you, you might as well make it yourself since as an officer I'm sure you'll be called on to make important decisions.
Thank you also, sir. I appreciate you giving me advice. I also guess that both programs would be bout the same. So I guess I should choose rather than someone else, because like you said, as an officer I'd be making important decisions anyways.:D

Taco Bell
03-19-08, 06:13 PM
Hey there, I did PLC and it means either two six weeks over the summer between 1st and 3rd year of college at Quantico or one ten week deal. You really don't do anything during the school year. Join a Frat and drinks lots of beer (study of course too) NROTC means they pay for College and they own you for the next four years. Lots of crap to do for your unit. Fine if they are paying your way, but if you can pay for your own school, why not go to college and have a blast with a bit of pain in the summer for six weeks. also if you go PLC in your first year of College, you can get an Air contract if your eyes are good and you pass the air test. Email me you have questions about going that route.
Semper Fi,
Taco
thesandgram@yahoo.com

Finger
03-19-08, 06:32 PM
Good scoop Sir. There are good and bad of both routes

I was at U of Penn as a AMOI 79-82 The biggie there was having up to four years paid tuition plus books and a then $100 pay check a month. (might be more now) Most of the Middies I had never could have afforded to go there for school without that support.

Another thing was the avaerage SATs were in the high 1300s. You needed a 1200 to be accepted there anyway. I think nationwide it wasin the 11 hundereds. So, bust your butt in High School.

A lot to consider.

Good Luck,

S/F
Finger

rvillac2
03-19-08, 11:25 PM
Battallion Commander is on deck! lol.

OOHRAH Colonel. Get some.