PDA

View Full Version : New to this site

noko
03-16-08, 11:58 PM
Hello All!
New to this site, looking for an opinion. The husband is currentley deployed. I'm curious if someone knows something about the Hug-A-Hero dolls.
I have a 5 year old and a newborn who might like to have those.
I would like to know how the image quality is and is it worth the money?

Christina

Isrowei
03-17-08, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the site, Christina. I have no clue about the dolls, but I'm sure you can find something online about them. I suppose your husband is from Calif. because your pictures look like their from MCRD San Diego... just a guess.

Anywho.. if he has access to a computer, ask him to join up.

noko
03-17-08, 10:56 AM
Yes, Isrowei, we are in CA- at Pendleton. MCRD San Diego was where he started. The girls and I were down there, last weekend, for the Battle Colors Ceremony. I always enjoy going back to the recruit depot, it brings back fond memories of being his little girly-friend at graduation. I simply couldn't imagine life seperate from him, ha ha!

My husband is a mustang too. I see you attended the Naval Academy; do you know anything about the Naval Post Graduate School? I got a little info in the last e-mail from my husband, but I'm curious to know when packages are due and when the board convenes each year.

Christina

Ed Palmer
03-17-08, 11:44 AM
Here is some info on hug a hero

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_daddydoll_0228feb28,0,3571176.story

noko
03-17-08, 12:01 PM
Ed Palmer, Do you really get a response to that desperate request of yours?

Thanks for the doll info.

Christina

Ed Palmer
03-17-08, 12:05 PM
HMMMM just got one

Idena
03-17-08, 01:38 PM
Hi Christina! Check out www.daddydolls.com (http://www.daddydolls.com) to order a Hug-a-Hero doll. I've never ordered one, but I know people who have, & their kids adore them. And welcome to Leatherneck!

testforecho2112
03-17-08, 06:18 PM
OMG Ed, I laughed my butt off....not that it was THAT funny, but it made me laugh out loud for some reason!

Ed Palmer
03-18-08, 07:00 AM
OMG Ed, I laughed my butt off....not that it was THAT funny, but it made me laugh out loud for some reason!
You should have read the first responce that she wrote, and then changed it after she realy looked at what I said\.
You would have realy got a good laugh.

noko
03-18-08, 08:50 AM
My husband told me to stay away from the old "crusty" marine stuff. Guess I should.