PDA

View Full Version : Bring What..?

cbaker1226
03-16-08, 09:02 PM
Hey Everyone! I'm leaving for bootcamp on the 23rd of March. My husband is a marine, and has just hit his year mark. He's given me all the preperation he can muster but I still have questions that he just doesn't know the answers to. I've looked far and wide to find the answer - WHAT DO I BRING TO BOOTCAMP? All the internet has to offer (so far) has been for male recruits. They all say - NOTHING - nothing like no underwear.. no femine products? I have faith in y'all someone let me know!!
Thanks in advance

fs19
03-16-08, 09:12 PM
The little book that should have come with your "Welcome Aboard" Packet that your recruiter should have given you spells out exacly what to bring-and what not to bring- with you to MRCD.

cbaker1226
03-16-08, 09:13 PM
I didn't get one. There are alot of things I missed out on because my husband is a Marine. I guess my recruiter assumed he could tell me everything I needed to know. I've ended up doing alot of research on my own.

fs19
03-16-08, 09:26 PM
Okay, I would post what the book says, but I have yet to go to boot camp so I will defer to one of our Marines that actually knows what you should bring.

outlaw3179
03-16-08, 10:28 PM
Dont bring sh*t. Maybe like 20 bucks but its not like youll use it , except for on visitors Thursday. Everything youll need youll either get it issued or you can buy it at the px when necessary.

ZSKI
03-17-08, 12:13 AM
20 bucks, cloaths on your back, and if your on the rag enough products to last ya like a day or two

Brandon1
03-17-08, 03:52 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25168

I believe that goes for both male and female. Also what the Marines have already stated.

Zulu 36
03-17-08, 06:39 AM
[
I believe that goes for both male and female. Also what the Marines have already stated.

What? Males should bring feminine hygiene products too? Don't you think that might provoke extra attention from the drill instructors?:D

Parker-0321
03-17-08, 07:22 AM
It probably would...

Male Poolees, take those feminine hygiene products to boot, the Drill Instructors will know your squared away and ready for ANYTHING :thumbup:

Brandon1
03-17-08, 07:33 AM
Yup. Remember anything can happen lol.

Parker-0321
03-17-08, 07:47 AM
Anything

SGT7477
03-17-08, 11:27 AM
What? Males should bring feminine hygiene products too? Don't you think that might provoke extra attention from the drill instructors?:D
Oh shoot that would be funny,lol.:flag:

PatriotGirl422
03-18-08, 08:05 PM
Bring all your bikini underwear, lacy bras, make up, and Vagisil... I'm gonna answer this question for the last time. Why is it that everyone thinks that women have some sort of secret special list of things to bring to boot camp? If there was anything really important to bring, you would know about it. You don't need to bring anything! Everything you need will be issued to you. I mean, obviously if you have your period when you leave, bring enough tampons/pads to last you for a couple of days but after that they'll be supplied to you. Anything else you need will be issued to you. Do guys have to bring their own underwear and shaving accessories and jock straps? No! Why would women have special rules?
I'm not trying to be insensitive, but you just gotta trust that the Corps knows how to take care of women recruits just as well as male recruits. They've been doing this for a long time. Nothing is going to come up that they aren't prepared for.

Wyoming
03-18-08, 09:12 PM
Bring all your bikini underwear, lacy bras, make up, and Vagisil... I'm gonna answer this question for the last time. Why is it that everyone thinks that women have some sort of secret special list of things to bring to boot camp? If there was anything really important to bring, you would know about it. You don't need to bring anything! Everything you need will be issued to you. I mean, obviously if you have your period when you leave, bring enough tampons/pads to last you for a couple of days but after that they'll be supplied to you. Anything else you need will be issued to you. Do guys have to bring their own underwear and shaving accessories and jock straps? No! Why would women have special rules?
I'm not trying to be insensitive, but you just gotta trust that the Corps knows how to take care of women recruits just as well as male recruits. They've been doing this for a long time. Nothing is going to come up that they aren't prepared for.

Yeah, what Vickie said!!!!:cool:

Hologram
03-18-08, 11:29 PM
I just happen to have my book with me.

3 pairs skin-toned pantyhose
1 white or beige bra
6 white athletic bras that provide good support and comfort while running
7 or more pares of white panties
Portable blow-dryer, curling iron, or hot comb
Required items for hair care maintenance.

Of course, any of that that you don't bring will probably be bought for you at the post exchange.

SGT7477
03-19-08, 07:06 AM

1 white or beige bra

Of course, any of that that you don't bring will probably be bought for you at the post exchange.
So you got that in your bag?:flag:

michaeleckard
03-19-08, 09:17 AM
don't bring anything but whats on you're back. no money ether you will be given what you need the next mourning. then you will get you're fatigue's and personal hygiene needs .You won't be going to the PX till the day before you graduate. everything you bring will be put in storage. everything has to be striped away so you can be formed in the image of a Marine mind and body .It may be a little different being a female. ask someone that just graduated from boot camp. half the time recruiters will tell you anything to get a better rating . they do have quota's to fill.
i don't think you'll be using a blow dryer anytime soon .But I'm a male
and I went to boot camp in 1981 it may have changed some in that time.

Wyoming
03-19-08, 11:00 AM
you need the next mourning

That may be either a misspelling or a Freudian Slip.

BUT, the next morning, methinks they will find themselves in mourning. :D

HABU
03-19-08, 11:28 AM
just bring your warm body, they'll do the rest....

PatriotGirl422
03-19-08, 11:32 AM

1 white or beige bra

Seriously, don't bring any of that stuff. I think the only reason they give that list is for incase you have a weird/nonstandard bra size or something. If you're not special, then you don't need anything. Any panty hose or anything you need for graduation you'll buy at the PX. And for the love of God, do NOT bring a curling iron or blow dryer! You won't be using any of that trash ever!

SGT7477
03-19-08, 11:39 AM
Seriously, don't bring any of that stuff. I think the only reason they give that list is for incase you have a weird/nonstandard bra size or something. If you're not special, then you don't need anything. Any panty hose or anything you need for graduation you'll buy at the PX. And for the love of God, do NOT bring a curling iron or blow dryer! You won't be using any of that trash ever!
Oh shoot that is funny glad us men don't have that problem,lmfao.:flag:

Phantom Blooper
03-19-08, 11:43 AM
What...NO P.A.N.T.I.E.S.... damn that's kinky!:beer: :banana:

:evilgrin:

Quinbo
03-19-08, 11:48 AM
Dang Bloop that is funny .... they should put it in the welcome aboard package ... short skirt, high heels, and no panties.

Hologram
03-19-08, 12:28 PM
Seriously, don't bring any of that stuff. I think the only reason they give that list is for incase you have a weird/nonstandard bra size or something. If you're not special, then you don't need anything. Any panty hose or anything you need for graduation you'll buy at the PX. And for the love of God, do NOT bring a curling iron or blow dryer! You won't be using any of that trash ever!Yeah, I thought that the curling iron/blow dryer part was a little odd, but that's what it said in the booklet, so I just thought I'd sound off with exactly what it said.

Camper51
03-19-08, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I thought that the curling iron/blow dryer part was a little odd, but that's what it said in the booklet, so I just thought I'd sound off with exactly what it said.

Just be sure YOU bring those items for yourself...

SGT7477
03-19-08, 03:25 PM
Just be sure YOU bring those items for yourself...
Now that is funny Marine, Carry On,lmfao.:flag:

michaeleckard
03-19-08, 03:41 PM
yes that was a miss spell the spell checker on this forums is goofy.and they
say computers are so great.

sparkie
03-19-08, 03:56 PM
What spel cker? Nvr Neaded wan befor.
I tried bringing ladies panties to boot, but that didn't wash.

Phantom Blooper
03-19-08, 04:09 PM
Crotchless....eatable.....candy?:beer:

SGT7477
03-19-08, 04:15 PM
I guess all poolees should have one of each in their bag when they arrive at boot camp I'm sure the DI's would welcome a eatable panty party.

JAG1990tn
03-19-08, 04:25 PM
I guess all poolees should have one of each in their bag when they arrive at boot camp I'm sure the DI's would welcome a eatable panty party.

Haha, I can't help but laugh on that one.

sparkie
03-19-08, 04:25 PM
See how tame I'm gettin? Just thought of seven comments I didn't type. It's the new Sparkie!!!!!

Phantom Blooper
03-19-08, 04:38 PM
It's the new Sparkie!!!!!

You were like this around Christmas.....now being the holy Easter week your turning over a new leaf for a few more days! You'll be back to the old full of pee & vinegar Sparkie that I remember soon!:beer:

In the meantime I'll keep all comments going south for you brother,so you don't have to!:beer:

sparkie
03-19-08, 04:44 PM
Just don't tempt me with pantie posts.

Phantom Blooper
03-19-08, 04:52 PM
Just don't tempt me with pantie posts.

But these type of posts are so tantalizing and hypnotic I can't help myself!

michaeleckard
03-20-08, 11:31 AM
I have one suggestion for all those that are going to boot camp when it comes to getting photos and platoon books GET two of each, two books,two sets of photos. and seal the second set of photos and book in something to keep moisture out. believe me you'll be glad you did.

michaeleckard
03-20-08, 11:38 AM
Oh and have you're promotion documents laminated. don't put them in photo albums it messes them up.