PDA

View Full Version : Working hard after a rocky start..

Pezzle
03-15-08, 11:14 PM
Didn't want to dig up the old thread since I'm just a little different in these few months but..

I've been working out! Tai chi 3 times a week, lifting weights every day but 2 weekend days (want to cut it to one after I work out more) and just generally feeling better.

Tai Chi is so much harder and physically exhausting than it looks!

40 lb bench row, 30 lb military press and bench press, 30 lb dorsi pulldown and bicep curl and a 10 lb neck press.. a good start I guess! 3 sets of 8 reps each, I always seem to push to failure during the military press at the end of the workout during the end of the 2nd set.

I haven't been walking so much because Tai Chi has been taking care of the legs pretty well! A lot of the Tai Chi Chuan and Qi Gong stances are low to the ground (same with many southern styles of kung fu such as Hung Gar which I will start in a few months) I am also off the antidepressants and down to 1400 calories or so per day comfortably. However I still weigh a lot -_- but we'll see how this changes in the coming months.

But Just thought I'd let you all know I'm doing better and working on my goal of joining the Marines :)

-Brittany

Big Jim
03-15-08, 11:39 PM
Are you running at all? Working on your endurance? That's where your efforts should be concentrated! On running, crunches and the dead hang from a pull-up bar. You can find those standards here on our site ...PFT standards for women Marines, that is. Do a search.

jungleman4422
03-16-08, 01:01 AM
Usually with weights you want to do 10 to 15 reps, so that might mean lowering your weight on many of the lifts.

Pezzle
03-16-08, 01:14 AM
Big Jim,

Note my earlier thread Im not sure if you saw it, but I weigh 267 pounds and I will not be enlisting for a few years, so I'm trying to do things the slow and healthy way. Jumping into running at this weight will kill my joints and be unbearably painful. A dead hang pullup at 267 pounds would slaughter me as well -- I can't do it, period. That's what the upper body workouts are for, especially the lat work.

Gotta condition myself, working on losing weight so far, after that the real PT conditioning can begin, but for now, I have to work on not tearing the hell out of my sedentary muscles : >

I do appreciate the advice however, and of course these matters of PT will be addressed.

bbond007
03-16-08, 11:21 AM
Hey i just posted last night a good little work out last night on here, go to the forum where is says weight.. Its a nice little endurance work out check it out.

bbond007
03-16-08, 12:47 PM