PDA

View Full Version : How to get in contact with a Marine?

JBrady
03-15-08, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post here so I hope it is in the correct section.

After spending the past few years contemplating military service, and just generally pondering the direction of my life, I've finally decided that I should join the Marine Corps (I'll be making my first contact with a recruiter next week).

Long story short, a couple months ago I discovered I have three half-siblings that my family has been hiding from me. One of them, the oldest and only male, has been a Marine his entire life. He joined straight out of highschool and served in both Gulf Wars. I really, really want to be able to talk to him and seek the guidance of someone who has been down the same path I may soon be traveling. The only problem is I have never met him and have no idea how to contact him. I know his name, what he looks like, his age (mid 30's) and that he is currently stationed in one of the Carolinas. This is probably a long shot, but is there anyway for me to track him down by myself?

Obviously the easiest way would be to just ask my family, but it isn't quite that simple. My two half-sisters are closest with him, but they and my brother are all adults who live their own lives so they don't keep in constant contact. To make things worse, the three of them are kind of the black sheep of my family (long story). To top everything off, nobody in my family, with the exception of my brother, is a big fan of the military, so I am pretty much on my own here.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

GySgtRet
03-15-08, 10:44 PM
I sent you a PM, please read it and respond to it. It will be in your email.