PDA

View Full Version : Old, Slow, But Fit to fight

HMSmith6466
03-15-08, 07:08 PM
Retired too soon. Still run 6 miles a day. Still can pass the PFT. Weight at low end of chart. Can I shipover? I'll be 67 in June. Hope I'm old enough. Semper Fi!

sparkie
03-15-08, 07:51 PM
HMS,,,, You lack maturity,,,, Give it a few, Sos you can grow up. [ and get behind me in line]

Phantom Blooper
03-15-08, 08:10 PM
If you can still pee up a rope you got it made....go for it!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Finger
03-15-08, 08:25 PM
I'll be 60 this year. Can I be in your squad? :iwo: :flag:

cball
03-15-08, 09:28 PM
You guys are youngsters,not bragging or anything but at 71 I still hunt with a 60lb bow and hunt out of a treestand 25-30 ft in the air.I bass fish on an average of 4 days a week from a bassboat that will run 65mph.I shoot at the pistol range about once a week ,during the winter. These things keeps me young.

Gary Hall
03-16-08, 09:07 AM
Marines, this thread topic is brightening up my day, but I'm afeard there might be a rejection point, somewhere (some age). Nearly every group, these last few years I stumble into, after a few moments trying to be accepted, invariable I am advised to "go away and be quiet". Even in my own family. I'm nearly 77 and can still get one foot in front of the other, unassisted. My biggest current limitation is that I have to **** about ever 3 hours, around the clock. I would truly greatly appreciate marching again in a rifle company, preferably with an M-1, and going to the range for requalification (I finally qualified as an Expert), after 3 years "snapping in 8 hours/day", for two weeks prior to firing a round, even though 6 years later I learned I was nearly legally blind. How did I do it? Years after I learned to get glasses, I determined that not only did the windage & elevation corrections on the M-1 correct for deficencies of the rifle but, also corrected for my eye deficiencies. In the very likely event the USMC will reject me, do you reckon there might be rifle companies in the Lord's Kingdom, or in old Lucifer's place, (one or the other) I could look forward to? SF, Gary Hall

sparkie
03-16-08, 09:42 AM
Gary, Be advised You'll never be rejected here. Keep on marchin, Bro.

Finger
03-16-08, 09:51 AM
What is that old joke? We all be perfect for battle.
If we were ever captured, we would never spill the beans, cause we would have no idea where we left them. :confused:

S/F
Finger