PDA

View Full Version : Not yet a spouse, but Hi :)

Shawnifer
03-12-08, 03:36 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I've been lurking this site for a little while, and laughing my *** off from the bootcamp stories :D
I'm engaged to a new Cpl named Shawn who is currently deployed and due back soon. We've been dating since before he left for boot in the summer of 2006 and been best friends since 2000. In the past two years we've physically seen each other only 46 days! I'm staying strong and keeping busy though. Can't wait to get so know some of ya'll.

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE

Shawnifer
03-12-08, 04:01 PM
OK, I was just informed that I could get "busted" for registering under spouse when I'm only a fiancee. Sooo. Here's my question: Do I have to be married to be part of the forum? Or what should I do to change that I'm not a spouse yet? Thanks

Idena
03-12-08, 04:49 PM
OK, I was just informed that I could get "busted" for registering under spouse when I'm only a fiancee. Sooo. Here's my question: Do I have to be married to be part of the forum? Or what should I do to change that I'm not a spouse yet? Thanks

To avoid any confusion, if I were you, I'd change your title to "Marine Friend" until you actually get married. Then it'll be like a promotion!

Welcome to Leatherneck. I'm newish myself, but glad to have you on board.

yellowwing
03-12-08, 04:51 PM
The Site Admin can change your status to Marine Friend. I hope you are writing lots of mail to your Marine. Mail Call is a brightener for any crappy day deployed.

Shawnifer
03-12-08, 05:07 PM
Thanks! I'll PM them now.

I write him motomails almost everyday, and handwritten ones here and there. :D

Wyoming
03-12-08, 07:53 PM
To avoid any confusion, if I were you, I'd change your title to "Marine Friend" until you actually get married. Then it'll be like a promotion!

Welcome to Leatherneck. I'm newish myself, but glad to have you on board.

Good on you Ma'am. I sent the PM and answered back, saying basically the same thing, albeit much later.

And, to Shawnifer, mail is the best thing you can give him, until he gets home.:cool:

sparkie
03-12-08, 08:39 PM
Welcome aboard, friend. Your Marine could use a friend.

ExPISCDI83
03-12-08, 09:02 PM
HINT: Even though we live in a world of Instant Message and email that can get there in the blink of an eye, I still think there is nothing more personal or more motivating than a personal, hand written letter from a loved one. Especially from a wife, fiance', girl friend, etc. (Or the other way around for women.) I know I always looked forward to mail-call and getting that slightly perfumed letter, see her handwriting, knowing that she cared enough about me to take the time out of day to write something personal.

Just one opinion...

Shawnifer
03-12-08, 10:49 PM
HINT: Even though we live in a world of Instant Message and email that can get there in the blink of an eye, I still think there is nothing more personal or more motivating than a personal, hand written letter from a loved one. Especially from a wife, fiance', girl friend, etc. (Or the other way around for women.) I know I always looked forward to mail-call and getting that slightly perfumed letter, see her handwriting, knowing that she cared enough about me to take the time out of day to write something personal.

Just one opinion...
I totally agree :D I should write him more hand written ones, but it's sooooooo convenient to write motomails!!!!

BUT with reading your post you made me want to go write him a hand written one pronto! And not only are they hand written, but he told me he gets made fun of because I hand make the letters and envelopes too with hearts and shocking bright colors LOL. One time his CPL asked if his kid made them for him... Nope, just his Saved By The Bell influence lady back home :yes: