PDA

View Full Version : New Marines

krider91
03-12-08, 11:29 AM
Well I am going to be enlisting in May and I was thinking about the GT score is it something you take in high school or what because I'm going in as a Rifleman and it says you have to have a GT score of 80 or higher but i don't know what that is so if any could tell me what it is it would help me out alot... Thanks

Krider91

AndyBowman
03-12-08, 02:04 PM
The GT score is a line score that you have when you take the ASVAB when you DEP in. It's the General Technician Score and its made up of Arithmetic Reasoning and Verbal Expression. So basically its math and english. Again, its one of the line scores on the ASVAB.

JSchramm08
03-12-08, 03:59 PM
Well I am going to be enlisting in May and I was thinking about the GT score is it something you take in high school or what because I'm going in as a Rifleman and it says you have to have a GT score of 80 or higher but i don't know what that is so if any could tell me what it is it would help me out alot... Thanks

Krider91

Once you take your ASVAB you will know your line scores. If you have already taken the ASVAB, contact a recruiter (I guess) about what your GT score was specifically.

krider91
03-12-08, 04:57 PM
ok so what do i do if i have takeing it all ready but my recruiter does not know what it was what do i have to do then

AndyBowman
03-12-08, 05:01 PM
ok so what do i do if i have takeing it all ready but my recruiter does not know what it was what do i have to do then

Well, if you already taken it your recruiter should be able to find out.

Bullpup
03-12-08, 10:39 PM
Your recruiter should know or should be able to find out. If he truly doesn't know then talk to the senior recruiter at your station. He should be able to talk to MEPs and find out. The GT line score is basically just what you scored on the english and word problem part of the math. Also, remember to use proper punctuation when on this site. It is a sign of respect. Just to be clear, have you taken the asvab yet, or not?
-David

outlaw3179
03-13-08, 12:58 AM
You probably failed man. Your recruiter just doesnt have the heart to tell you , wich in itself is ****ed up cuz he should be honest with you .