PDA

View Full Version : Maybe someone can help me with this...

Leeeuhhh
03-10-08, 08:11 PM
Hello! I'm new and not exactly sure where to put this...If this is in the wrong section could a admin person please move it for me? Thank you in advance...I looked at the other sections and I thought this was the right one. I also used the search thing to see if a post like this had been posted recently but couldn't find it.

Okay now off to why I need some help! Well my mom is a middle school teacher and her students are BEGGING to write to some troops overseas. (I am pretty sure some demanded Marines actually.) Everyday they ask her if she has found anyone for them to write to. She has contacted person after person and no one replies back with service men or women for them to write to, or they just don't reply back at all. She has thought about those organizations where they send them for her but she would like it to be a little more personal and maybe find something about who they wrote to. Or write so someone who needs an extra boost from home. (Which I am pretty sure they all do at one point or an other.) Does anyone know anyone who could help us with this? Or anyone over there who would be willing to recieve these letters/care packages?

I also wanted to add a big THANK YOU to all the Marines on here. We appreciate very much what you do and/or did. Your hardwork and service does not go unnoticed. I hope to become a Marine one day but I have a couple years to go, darn it!

Thank you very much!

Leah

mike christy
03-10-08, 08:23 PM
Check in with your local Veterans Administration, the local recruiter, the VFW, the American Legion, the U.S.O. or the Red Cross, any of those organizations should be able to help.

Leeeuhhh
03-10-08, 08:29 PM
Thank you very much! I think she said she tried some of those but they never called or emailed her back.

I think its because she contacted 'the dark side recruiter.' I told her the Marines would never do that! rofl. But hey thigns happen and people get busy and forget.

Thanks again! We didn't even think of some of the places you listed!

mike christy
03-10-08, 08:34 PM
You are welcome, I am sure that there are other assets that the other Marines will pass along to you. Tell your mother that what she is doing is a very honorable undertaking.

jerry pattison
03-11-08, 06:54 AM
Go To Adopt A Marine.com,also Thank Your Mom

jrhd97
03-11-08, 08:06 AM
Operation Military Support. com. Luck of the draw here. They collect names of servicemen who don't receive regular mail from home.

Soldiers Angels. org. I believe this one will give only Army contacts.

OB MSG
03-11-08, 09:05 AM
She can also talk to the Marine Corps League. There are plenty of pools to tap into to get support out to our troops.

Thank you and thank your mom for your support.

OohRah!

aug11poolee
03-11-08, 10:35 AM
i know that this is an off topic question but i was wondering if somone can helpt me with this, and this was the thread that looked like it was most like a question and answer thread.so anyways i was wondering im am poolee who chose 0311 as my M.O.S. and i live in southern california. what is the likleyhood that i will be stationed at camp pendleton or 29 palms?

Leeeuhhh
03-11-08, 08:55 PM
Thank you all so much!!!

I have printed off all of your ideas. Some we haven't heard of or didn't even think to check with. You guys are amazing!

Oh and to the people who sent me a PM one is coming back here in a couple minutes. =]

Leah

sgt tony
03-11-08, 10:45 PM
Contact the Blue Star Mothers they could help also

mskassie
03-12-08, 03:41 PM
Soldiers Angels. org. I believe this one will give only Army contacts.

Negative, sir...we support ALL branches of the Armed Forces...the organization began with the mom of a soldier [hence the name] but we support every single person and canine defending this great nation, Veteran's and their families!

btw...Marines are my favorite anyway and I'm starting a 'sub-group' of SA called MarinesAngels just cause you are my favorites and I know a Marine should be called a Marine! ;)

Much love and respect,
Kassie

jrhd97
03-13-08, 09:59 AM
Negative, sir...we support ALL branches of the Armed Forces...the organization began with the mom of a soldier [hence the name] but we support every single person and canine defending this great nation, Veteran's and their families!

btw...Marines are my favorite anyway and I'm starting a 'sub-group' of SA called MarinesAngels just cause you are my favorites and I know a Marine should be called a Marine! ;)

Much love and respect,
Kassie
Roger.