PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Simpson in Kuwait for “Operation MySpace”

thedrifter
03-10-08, 01:43 PM
Jessica Simpson in Kuwait for “Operation MySpace”

Jessica Simpson stands in front of a group of thrilled U.S. troops before playing a special show in Kuwait.

The singer was on U.S. TV before appearing in a three-hour Operation MySpace show for the troops that will be broadcast on the internet.

“I am in Kuwait, I’m enjoying all the troops - having a blast,” she said, saying she was “signing autographs, meeting them, showing all the support I can.”

Asked if the troops were enjoying her being there, she turned around her and asked, “Hey, guys - do you like having me here?”

The whoops and cheers were a very clear sign that they were.

“I can’t wait to get up there and have fun with everybody,” Jessica said of the show, promising to “do the Top Gun thing, ‘Take My Breathe Away’.”

She also said that she would have “some of the soldiers carrying me around.”

On the program are patriotic songs, ranging from “Top Gun thing, Take My Breathe Away” to “God Bless America,” she said.

Myspace co-founder Tom Anderson said the idea for the concert came from so many troops telling him they stayed in contact with their families while serving overseas by using the social networking site.

“We wanted to do something to give back to them for everything they’ve given us - and Jessica Simpson is it.”

By Lee Brown

Ellie