PDA

View Full Version : The flag

jahhead88
03-10-08, 12:20 PM
am the flag of the <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:PLACE>United States of America</ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>.
My name is Old Glory.
I fly atop the world's tallest buildings.
I stand watch in <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:PLACE>America</ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>'s halls of justice.
I fly majestically over institutions of learning.
I stand guard with power in the world.
Look up and see me.
http://home.comcast.net/~nw-fla/images/flag.bmp
I stand for peace, honor, truth and justice.
I stand for freedom.
I am confident.
I am arrogant.
I am proud.
When I am flown with my fellow banners,
My head is a little higher,
My colors a little truer.
I bow to no one!
I am recognized all over the world.
I am worshipped - I am saluted.
I am loved - I am revered.
I am respected - and I am feared.
I have fought in every battle of every war for more then 200 years. I was flown at <ST1:PLACE>Valley Forge</ST1:PLACE>, <ST1:CITY><ST1:PLACE>Gettysburg</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY>, <ST1:PLACE>Shiloh</ST1:PLACE> and <ST1:CITY><ST1:PLACE>Appomattox</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY>.
I was there at <ST1:PLACE>San Juan Hill</ST1:PLACE>, the trenches of <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:PLACE>France</ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>,
in the <ST1:PLACE><ST1:PLACENAME>Argonne</ST1:PLACENAME><ST1:PLACETYPE>Forest</ST1:PLACETYPE></ST1:PLACE>, <ST1:CITY><ST1:PLACE>Anzio</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY>, <ST1:CITY><ST1:PLACE>Rome</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY> and the beaches of <ST1:STATE><ST1:PLACE>Normandy</ST1:PLACE></ST1:STATE>.
Guam, Okinawa, Korea and KheSan, Saigon, <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:PLACE>Vietnam</ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION> know me.
I'm presently in the mountains of Afganistan and the hot and dusty deserts of <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:PLACE>Iraq</ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION> and wherever freedom is needed.
I led my troops, I was dirty, battleworn and tired,
But my soldiers cheered me and I was proud.
I have been burned, torn and trampled on thestreets of countries I have helped set free.
It does not hurt for I am invincible.
I have been soiled upon, burned, torn and trampled in the streets of my country.
And when it's done by those Whom I've served in battle - it hurts.
But I shall overcome - for I am strong.
I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stood watch over the uncharted frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon.
I have borne silent witness to all of <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:PLACE>America</ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>'s finest hours.
But my finest hours are yet to come.
When I am torn into strips and used as bandages for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I am flown at half-mast to honor my soldier,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving parent
at the grave of their fallen son or daughter,
http://home.comcast.net/~nw-fla/images/flag.bmp

A coworker sent this to me.

Semper Fi,

Jahhead 88

OB MSG
03-10-08, 12:54 PM
Mo - To! Keep her flyin' free and high!

Ooohrah!!

ecfree
03-10-08, 09:10 PM
Thinking of "The Flag" brings to mind different things for different people.Iwo Jima,Hue,and
N.Y.City Sept.11,01
God bless everyone that lost life,limb,or loved one for this country's flag, and what it stands for.
SEMPER FI

wolf882
03-10-08, 09:48 PM
Semper Fi To My Brothers And Sisters

Idena
03-11-08, 09:40 AM
That's very powerful. Too many people take the flag for granted & pass it by without a second glance or a thought. Thanks for that post, it gave me chills.

E5NAMKROW
03-11-08, 01:52 PM
Wow. What is there to say after that? I got a lump in the throat and something in my eye. God Bless America and God Bless all those who came before me and after. God Bless our Beloved Corps as well. OORAH