PDA

View Full Version : White Duty Belt W/ Brass

O.R. Davis
03-10-08, 10:07 AM
Gentlemen, I am trying to locate a white duty bet and brass like we used to wear @ Marine Barracks Naples Italy for Honor's Parade's. The belt is appx 2" wide. Any ideas? Thanks. Semper Fi! Sgt O.R. Davis Starkeeper07@yahoo.com

OB MSG
03-10-08, 12:35 PM
White duty belt? Do you mean a belt for your blues? Or do mean the flag harness? You can look online or pull up the site for the PX/NEX, they will have the belts and harnesses on there and should be able to ship them out to you quickly.

O.R. Davis
03-10-08, 12:55 PM
Those are current Dress Blue White Belts. The one I am looking for was used as a Pistol Belt with a diaper, for carring the 45 cal pistol, formerly used by MP's and Guard Detachments. It is appx 2" wide. It's similar to the canteen belt, except it has no holes. Thanks for responding. Semper Fi!!

Quinbo
03-10-08, 03:33 PM
We also wore white duty belts when I was in barracks duty. It looked like a white cartridge belt fitted with real brass. All attachments including a sword frog or pistol hoster slid on the belt. There was also a white bayonet sheath and chrome plated bayonet that went with it. You could probably look on E-bay for a white cartridge belt. They are out there and probably still in the supply system.

SGT7477
03-10-08, 05:09 PM
You could also try this naval exchange,1-800-368-4088 along with your DD-214.

CHOPPER7199
03-10-08, 06:10 PM
Try Sgt. Grit. 1-866-776-2607 They Have Belts, Ones I Seen Where Officer Or N.c.o. Black Or White. 39.95 Hope It Helps

ExPISCDI83
03-10-08, 07:25 PM
Try this site:
http://www.paradestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=93

The pistol belts they have sound like what you need. You might have to find the solid brass buckle separately and put the 2 together. I hope this helps.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-12-08, 06:00 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about. The belts either have all grommets, like the one shown at this website, or are plain, 'grommet-less' pistol belts that required a pistol hanger to go with the 'diaper' over the .45 holster.

We wore the non grommet style at Marine Barracks, Annapolis, with the NCO belt plate (EGA) and keepers.

That having been said, I've had several requests from folks who want one, and I've yet to find a decent place that supplies that particular thing. The best suggestion I can give is Ebay, and patience.

You may also try and contact the Marine Barracks directly, but I'm honestly not sure how well that will work out.

Native Warrior
03-12-08, 08:43 AM
This company has them:

www.marlowwhite.com (http://www.marlowwhite.com)

http://www.marlowwhite.com/images/catalog/60-050-hi.jpg

Old Marine
03-12-08, 08:55 AM
This is the only white pistol belt I ever remember seeing used during my time on active duty. There is also one of these belts that has the brass buckle you speeak of and during my time this was standard issue for MP's. Having had a supply MOS, I have personnaly issued many of these belts.

Old Marine
03-12-08, 08:56 AM
Oh Yea, the ones we had also had the EGA on the buckle.

Native Warrior
03-12-08, 09:02 AM
the S/NCO belt buckle with EGA is available at many military retailers or your local military clothing store onboard a military installation. You can buy the belt without the plain buckle from Marlow White company and add the S/NCO buckle to it.

O.R. Davis
04-14-08, 10:52 PM
Gentlemen, Thanks for the responses about the White Duty Belt. I did locate one, and it will work.
SSgt O.R. Davis USAFSP (Ret)
USMC 1963-1971

EGA1957
12-14-10, 03:40 PM
We also wore white duty belts when I was in barracks duty. It looked like a white cartridge belt fitted with real brass. All attachments including a sword frog or pistol hoster slid on the belt. There was also a white bayonet sheath and chrome plated bayonet that went with it. You could probably look on E-bay for a white cartridge belt. They are out there and probably still in the supply system.
Bringing up an older post, but your reponse approximates what I am trying to find out. When I was an MP, we had white gear (short the club frog or the bayonet) that had a lanyard that had 2 "leads."

One lead went to the pistol/holster and the other lead was for a whistle. At least that's what it looks like in my 50 year old B/W photo of me.

Initially, I thought (without looking too closely) that the whistle was a typical "coach's" style one and so I got a "military" brass whistle to complete my setup.

Then, as I looked even closer at the old photo, what I could make out is what appeared to a longer, cylindrical object where the whistle would be.

I was now thinking it might be on the order of a bosun's whistle, but I absolutely did NOT remember carrying that style whistle.

So looking up whistles on Google, I saw an Acme Metropolitan "Bobby's" Whistle. And that definately began to look like what I had on in the photo.

Does anyone know if the "Bobby's" whistle was ever used by Marine MPs? Also, does anyone recall how long MPs even carried whistles? Since I got out in 1960, that's as far as I can go back having seen them.

O.R. Davis
12-14-10, 08:54 PM
I replaced some of the items thru the MCCS system@ Pendleton. I still need a Stick Holder, and a Pistol Diaper, But thanks for the reply! S/F

larrylockeby48
06-03-13, 10:56 AM
Mr. Davis,
I am the webmaster for our MCL Detachment and we are trying to find the white duty belts for our Color Guard. I see in other posts you found some. Would you care to share? These belts need to be adjustable and can be taken down so we can put the EGA buckles on them. They should also be medium to heavy duty. We aren't slim and trim like we once were. Contact me at **********com. Thank you.

ChuckH
06-03-13, 01:23 PM
Try The Marine Shop .
http://www.marineshop.net/browse.cfm/white-belt-for-dress-blue-uniform-%2850%29/4,8241.html

They will have everything you need.