PDA

View Full Version : Burial Question

plwoolley
03-10-08, 02:33 AM
Cant Have Enough Chit And Tat Either Im Open To It All question where do you find out on how you get the military to bury {free} style as ther suppsoed to???need some direction who to call where to call HELP PLEASE:marine: :flag:

hrscowboy
03-10-08, 08:36 AM
Ssgt the only burial i know of that the military pays for is when your active duty.. other than that if your buried in a National Cemetery your vault and burial lot is provided but the casket and services are paid for by the family.
if your wife intends to be buried with you a vault will be provided for her also and she will be buried in the same plot. I have had to bury my father and a brother both service members and thats what we was told by the government..

hrscowboy
03-10-08, 08:42 AM
call your National Cemetery and they can update you more on this..

Quinbo
03-10-08, 09:13 AM
Register your DD-214 with the county clerk.

plwoolley
03-10-08, 03:19 PM
Ssgt the only burial i know of that the military pays for is when your active duty.. other than that if your buried in a National Cemetery your vault and burial lot is provided but the casket and services are paid for by the family.
if your wife intends to be buried with you a vault will be provided for her also and she will be buried in the same plot. I have had to bury my father and a brother both service members and thats what we was told by the government..
thanks

Phantom Blooper
03-10-08, 03:52 PM
The veteran is buried for free except for the above listed vault,casket e.t. and they are provided a flat headstone by the VA government.

To have a spouse or dependent child buried in the same area side by side as of 2007 it was a cost of $65.00 to have a grave dug and the estate/family provides the headstone which according to my source here at the Coastal Carolina Veterans Cemetery must also be flat and a certain size for ease of maintenance I.E. grass cutting e.t.:evilgrin:

plwoolley
03-10-08, 04:04 PM
The veteran is buried for free except for the above listed vault,casket e.t. and they are provided a flat headstone by the VA government.

To have a spouse or dependent child buried in the same area side by side as of 2007 it was a cost of $65.00 to have a grave dug and the estate/family provides the headstone which according to my source here at the Coastal Carolina Veterans Cemetery must also be flat and a certain size for ease of maintenance I.E. grass cutting e.t.:evilgrin:
:marine: my pride is strong and i'm all Marine but cercumstances sometime mae you more then humble. I live in Fla. is there a place i can contact here in Lakeland,Fla 33810.dont want to sound lie im begging want tp protect my spouse from more debt. have already had to turn to chap.13 not i have to turn to fellow Marines for info and advice

plwoolley
03-10-08, 04:08 PM
:evilgrin:
:marine: my pride is strong and i'm all Marine but cercumstances sometime mae you more then humble. I live in Fla. is there a place i can contact here in Lakeland,Fla 33810.dont want to sound lie im begging want tp protect my spouse from more debt. have already had to turn to chap.13 not i have to turn to fellow Marines for info and advice help please

Phantom Blooper
03-10-08, 04:15 PM
Try these for contact #'s

http://www.vba.va.gov/ro/south/spete/index.htm

http://www.cem.va.gov/CEMs/nchp/florida.asp

http://www.cem.va.gov/CEMs/nchp/southflorida.asp

:evilgrin:

ExPISCDI83
03-17-08, 09:16 AM
Call the VA. They are the ones who will pay, so i am sure you will find what you need there.

You can also call a local funeral home as they probably know what the govt will provide and the fastest way to get you there. Just a thought.

Ed Palmer
03-17-08, 09:59 AM
VA BURIAL BENEFIT UPDATE 01: Often survivors are disappointed when they seek reimbursement of burial expenses for departed veterans. This is because retirees have not informed their loved ones what...

Sgt Leprechaun
03-18-08, 07:48 AM
Thank you, SSgt Palmer. I think that answers this one fully and completely. I'm also moving this to a more appropriate forum area.

SGT7477
03-18-08, 08:06 AM
Your DD-214 should have been registered with the couny clerk at the time of discharge.