PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo

Seoke
03-09-08, 08:02 PM
I know this has already been discussed and all that fun stuff and I've looked at those topics. Im thinking about getting a tattoo before I leave for boot =P Just considering it not 100% sure right now. Anyways heres what I want on my calf:
A soldiers cross and in the background its the red and white stripes of the flag and around the flag it looks like the skin is ripped away >> like a tear effect

So how big would I be able to have this on my calf and still get accepted in? I really want this tattoo before I leave =P But I dont know how big its allowed to be. I have read that you're not allowed to have any sleeves, but if its just covering your calf its not considered a sleeve right?

I want it pretty big and its a pretty long tat so it will probably take up most of my calf.

Any answers are appreciated ^_^ Thanks!

Phantom Blooper
03-09-08, 08:06 PM
Any tattoo now need to be waived... regardless of where they are located.

Wait until after boot camp or you may not be able to ship!:evilgrin:

Seoke
03-09-08, 08:09 PM
Even a soldiers cross that says Remember The Fallen over it >> Dont think that will be waived? I was really hoping so xD I want to get it before I leave because if I wait till after boot I might not have a chance to get it since Im hopefully going into security forces. From what I hear you go from boot then 10 days of leave then SOI then School for security forces and you dont really have the time and stuff to care for it while you're at school >> Unless I was mislead?

Wyoming
03-09-08, 08:17 PM
The answer is NO!

Don't get one.

Once you have been in the fleet for a couple of years, have the Chaplain and 1st Shirt go with you and advise you.

:banana: - :yes: - :no:

xRaVeNx
03-09-08, 08:26 PM
Believe you can't get any tattoos that show in your PT uniform, so it can't be on your calves or arms, even if active, unless they are grandfathered in.

Man, I had to get a waiver for my small tattoo, and its on my chest!

Phantom Blooper
03-09-08, 08:34 PM
Seoke,I gave you the answer and it is NO....wait until after boot camp....the RSS paperwork will be stopped and you will be DQ'ed. Since you didn't have the tattoo before DEP'ing...CMC orders.... all tattoos have to have approval and meet standards. No if,ands or buts...:evilgrin:

xRaVeNx
03-09-08, 08:43 PM
Don't even get it after boot camp, this kid here got into a whole lot of **** for getting a tat, similar to you, close to getting kicked out...

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58193

crazymjb
03-09-08, 09:22 PM
There must be some process in place in order to get a tattoo, correct?

Mike

Phantom Blooper
03-09-08, 09:32 PM
If you read the posts by this Marines mother on where the location of the tattoo is at is what he got in trouble for. Not getting the tattoo. And if I remember the post...disobeying an order.Tattoos are not illegal it is the placement of the tattoo and the waiver process prior to boot camp. If they were illegal all the tattoo shops would be off limits. Be discreet in placement so not to be shown in uniform and wait unless you want to go through waivers and possible DQ.

:evilgrin:

Big Jim
03-10-08, 12:37 AM
Even a soldiers cross that says Remember The Fallen over it >> Dont think that will be waived? I was really hoping so xD I want to get it before I leave because if I wait till after boot I might not have a chance to get it since Im hopefully going into security forces. From what I hear you go from boot then 10 days of leave then SOI then School for security forces and you dont really have the time and stuff to care for it while you're at school >> Unless I was mislead?

In any situation, tattoos are a form of identification and easily at that!! All these Marines here are telling you the truth about having trouble and even possibly being DQ'd for them! And you want to get one anyway?! C'mon, man, look what's in front of you...a Marine Corps career that will give you a fine start in life and experience not gained anywhere else in the world! You want to give that up for what...a stupid, frikkin tattoo?!?! Are you really that shallow? IN a year, you'll hate it! Think long term! Not to mention, think about your future...its really not worth it!! be smart...don't get one!

Brandon1
03-10-08, 12:53 AM
It doesnt matter what size, shape, color, the context of it, NOTHING! I was going to get a tattoo of just a standard cross on my forearm a little while ago. Then I was feeling kind of uneasy about it, so I decided to look around here and low and behold I found out the Marine Corps had a new policy on tattoos. I had the meeting setup with the artist, and everything and was gonna get it within the next 2 days. I didnt even think twice about cancelling that because I knew I was gonna get DQed for it because it was on my forearm plain as day. I have absolutley no problem with getting a different tattoo on a different part of my body at a way later time. Just listen to these Marines, they know what the hell their talking about. They wouldnt be telling you this if it was bull****. So just put it off for another year or two. It's not like every tattoo parlor in the world is going to be closed the day you want to get it.

RockSteady85
03-10-08, 01:05 AM
It took FOREVER for me to get a waiver to be from HI (FOREVER as in a few YEARS) with the military (USMC), so being here "technically" is pretty damn nice, I will tell you that LOL. Wait those few years to get that "pertinent" tattoo", and you will be okay. It is not like it won't be available for your entire lifetime!

RockSteady85
03-10-08, 01:19 AM
NJ is no to get tattoos from, BTW...takes a LOT to get past!

Whigwam
03-10-08, 10:06 AM
i have a tat on my forearm of a hammer with blue electricity/lightning around the head. had it prodded and poked by a few people before i got my waiver. when asked by the final officer who needed to sign off on it if i would get it removed if he said it was the USMC or the tat, i told him "i would be willing to tear it out in the bathroom but i would hate to have to get meddocs for THAT" he laughed and signed off on it. i feel it was the stupidest decision for me to get the tattoo now that im older and wiser :p . Think very long and very hard before you get a tatt guys. remember its permanent(relatively). removal hurts and the scars suck.

one question tho.
i was hoping to get the eagle globe and anchor on my shoulder where my sleeve would cover it even in PT , AFTER boot camp and ive earned it.
What would i need to do for that?

PHILLYBOI
03-10-08, 12:35 PM
I have two tats on my left and right forearm, the waivers were long and irritating (had to write why they should except my waiver), plus they had to see if your tat was gang related or had obscene jestures such as racial or sexual, while your in DEP my no tatoos, should've did it before you dep'd in, plus tats on your neck above the collar bone or hand are not accepted.

Seoke
03-14-08, 04:32 AM
I"m not an official Poolee yet because I'm prior service I can't DEP. So I've just been working with my Marine recruiter. I'm supposed to go to Meps in 2-4 weeks to finally sign my contract and hopefully ship out within 2 weeks after that =P Does that change anything?

Phantom Blooper
03-14-08, 04:42 AM
Nope...if you get a tattoo and don't have it documented and waived before you ship you will be held for fraudulent enlistment.:evilgrin:

Seoke
03-14-08, 04:46 AM
I know that it will have to get waived at MEPs, I showed it to my recruiter (took him to the tattoo parlor) and he said it should be waiverable and he's going to make some calls just to be 100% sure before I might get it.

Phantom Blooper
03-14-08, 04:50 AM
It is not only the tattoo...but the location of where it is put. Remember it can not show in uniform or PT gear.:evilgrin:

Seoke
03-14-08, 04:55 AM
Yeah that was what I was worried about he knows where I'm getting it which is why he has to make the call lol if its not good I'll just forget about it and put the money towards a motorcycle after training. I do appreciate the advice though ^_^ And don't worry you guys have got me not totally set on getting it. A MGYSGT is going to be coming in for the poolee function on Saturday so if anything I figure I can always ask him to be sure =P

Brandon1
03-14-08, 06:47 AM
I dont think you really have to forget about it, but just think of a different place to get it maybe?

rvillac2
03-14-08, 10:29 AM
I"m not an official Poolee yet because I'm prior service I can't DEP. So I've just been working with my Marine recruiter. I'm supposed to go to Meps in 2-4 weeks to finally sign my contract and hopefully ship out within 2 weeks after that =P Does that change anything?

I love how you keep calling yourself prior service. what a joke.

Seoke
03-14-08, 04:16 PM
According to the military I am prior service. It goes towards my time in service. And since there are higher ranking Marines that are saying I am prior service I think it would do you well to stop...

Camper51
03-14-08, 04:23 PM
Dear Mr. Seoke,

It would do you well to STFU. You are a poolee in here and have absolutely NO freaking right to tell ANY Marine what to do, such as heckling your prior service.

Maybe we should just have the moderators shut this thread down if you are such a crybaby...

Seoke
03-14-08, 04:26 PM
Not being a crybaby, just amazed at how someone with such pride in what he does, in helping out his country, can be so derogatory against someone who is prior service saying his time doesnt matter. I give up on you guys you're driving me nuts acting like the time I did doesnt matter. Sorry but I'm not going to put it with such disrespect from anyone, let alone someone who knows what it is to serve your country.

Finger
03-14-08, 04:39 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way. You don't need a tat.

S/F
Finger

Seoke
03-14-08, 04:42 PM
Thank you, I'll consider that First Sergeant. I'm still not 100% sure that I'm getting it yet and that will definately be considered in my decision.

SGT7477
03-14-08, 06:39 PM
You say you are prior service well with what branch and how long?

Seoke
03-14-08, 07:58 PM
Army, 2 years

rvillac2
03-14-08, 08:01 PM
Army, 2 years

YOU DID NOT SERVE 2 YEARS! Stop lying.

Who the hell do you think you are giving me orders, fukwad?
You had a contract with the Army, with which you clearly did not meet your obligation.
Now, knowing full well of our tattoo policies, you are still insisting on getting one? Requiring more work of our recruiters and wasting their time.
Tell me again why your profile says poolee/dep?
You're nothing but a poser til you step on our footprints.
So, shut your cockholster.

Wyoming
03-14-08, 08:01 PM
You say you are prior service well with what branch and how long?

Just as I was reading this thread, I was asking the same question.

SGT7477
03-14-08, 08:14 PM
Army, 2 years
So what's the deal?:flag:

Wyoming
03-14-08, 08:16 PM
I am truly confused. <br />
<br />
You are 20. OK. <br />
<br />
You SAY you are prior army. Let's hold on to that thought for a bit. <br />
<br />
Your profile says <br />
<br />
&lt;TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width=&quot;100%&quot;...

SGT7477
03-14-08, 08:22 PM
I looked at his profile too and don't understand it either, lying don't get you no place in the Corp.

rvillac2
03-14-08, 08:24 PM
Fellow Marines,
Be advised, this Fukwad has been here trolling his stories before.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58149

He went to army boot, but never AIT. He initially claims he didn't graduate high school in time. Now, he says he has been in for 2 years.

FIRE MISSION!

SGT7477
03-14-08, 08:32 PM
I remember him now talking recon and hell if he couldn't make it in the army how does he think he will make it in the Marines, I don't know where these people come from,GEEZ.

StoneyFF
03-14-08, 08:35 PM
It's like women who cry rape when they get ****ed at their boyfriend or date... it demeans those who really were raped, and diminshes what they endured.

Those who claim service, but did not really serve (and boot camp may be a trial, but it's not "service") demean those who've really served and been in harms way...

Stoney
{doncha hate posers...}

Big Jim
03-14-08, 08:37 PM
Me doth detect the wafting odiferous eminations of male bovine excrement!!! <br />
<br />
<br />
:thumbdown !!!!!!

Wyoming
03-14-08, 08:43 PM
Kinda what I said in the previous thread -

Army screwed him. Nah!!

Sorry, but I agree with the Wook & Bloop, a bit of barnyard aroma is emanating from this post.

Big Jim
03-14-08, 09:31 PM
Kinda what I said in the previous thread -

Sure did...!!! I took a big wet bite out of it cause I thought it was so good!! LOLOL!!! Hope you don't mind Al...

Wyoming
03-14-08, 09:41 PM
Nah sheeit, Man, it ain't mine, get some.

rvillac2
03-14-08, 10:20 PM
ROFL... I love you guys.

Big Jim
03-15-08, 01:58 PM
ROFL... I love you guys.

Ditto, brother!!!

bbond007
03-15-08, 09:26 PM
Hey man, i don't think that would be a good idea. Ive got like 6 tattoo's but they are big like both side of my ribs, back, and chest. Im just got done doing a waver for them. And I tell ya what ive never had to wright so much in my life to explain them all lol. But id wait till ya got out of boot camp.

SlingerDun
03-15-08, 09:33 PM
The same kid who couldn't find a job to buy a decent pair of PT shoes

Wyoming
03-16-08, 11:29 AM
Hey man, i don't think that would be a good idea. Ive got like 6 tattoo's but they are big like both side of my ribs, back, and chest. Im just got done doing a waver for them. And I tell ya what ive never had to wright so much in my life to explain them all lol. But id wait till ya got out of boot camp.

WTF????

If you get a chance, Poolee, how about explaining your profile!!!

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Last Name:
Bond
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Do you own a business?:
No
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Where did you attend bootcamp?:
MCRD Parris Island
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Year Exited Marine Corps:
Still in Service
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Current City:
Prestonsburg
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Current State:
Kentucky
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Hometown:
Lexington
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Home State:
Kentucky
</TD></TR><TR><TD>High School:
Prestonsburg High
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Gender:
Male
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ethnicity:
Caucasian
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Zodiac Sign:
Aries
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Occupation:
Police dispatch
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

bbond007
03-16-08, 11:34 AM
Yes sir i can, i have been trying to fix that, for the past couple of days, and just now got it fixed Corporal. But Sir my profile is fixed now.

Wyoming
03-16-08, 11:40 AM
I even did a check on your myspace account.

According to your profile HERE, you are a police dispatcher.

On your myspace thingy, you say your income is $150,000 plus per year!!!

Again WTF? Not bad change for a 19yo dispatcher.

BTW, your LN profile ain't changed!!!

Dave (davblav), this poolee is making me - :sick:

bbond007
03-16-08, 11:45 AM
Yes Sir i know, I made my myspace when i was 16, I do not know how to fix it. But I do Work for the police department down here where i live Sir.

Wyoming
03-16-08, 11:47 AM

INCOMING!!!

bbond007
03-16-08, 11:50 AM
Corporal Sir may i ask do you know how to FIX my profile??

Wyoming
03-16-08, 11:54 AM

Nope!!

One the poolee squad leaders will be around shortly enough to fix YOU!

(Jeez, I was gonna say, 'Use the search function', but couldn't be that cruel!!)

bbond007
03-16-08, 11:56 AM
Thanks Corporal..

Wyoming
03-16-08, 11:59 AM
Thanks Corporal..

Jeez!! For what?? I wasn't helping you.

You better duck!

INCOMING!!!

bbond007
03-16-08, 12:00 PM
Duck for what Sir?

rvillac2
03-16-08, 12:00 PM
LOL..looks like the cyber-equivalent of stepping on the footprints.

bbond007
03-16-08, 01:45 PM
Hey Corporal, i didnt get it fixed but take a look.

Wyoming
03-16-08, 01:48 PM
Hey Corporal, i didnt get it fixed but take a look.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

SGT7477
03-16-08, 01:51 PM
Thanks Corporal..
Join the United States Marines travel to exotic distant lands meeting exciting unusual people and kill them.:flag:

bbond007
03-16-08, 01:57 PM
??

Jbthomp
03-16-08, 02:38 PM
I think he might be confused.
:D

SGT7477
03-16-08, 02:46 PM
What do you mean son,?????? this is the right version.

davblay
03-16-08, 02:47 PM
My fellow Marines....it seems that this guy might have signed on as a Marine (initially), not knowing he was a Poolee. therefore the site will not allow him to change his profile to reflect his true status, that must be done by Admin. I PM'd him with instructions on how to do that. He has made notes on his prifile explaining that he has not been to Boot camp yet. SO Lets all calm down and give Admin time to correct the situation, ok?

I sent one to Seok (the prior Army guy), or whatever his name is, also about changing his status as well.

Now lets get back on topic ok? Enough time has been wasted on this for now, lets give Jim Nelson and the admin guys a chance to do thier thng now.

Thanks Guys, and Semper Fi,

Dave

yellowwing
03-16-08, 03:57 PM
Site Admin is on it to work out the profile problem. Its being handled.