PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pullups, crunches, and your run?

Seyborg
03-09-08, 08:44 AM
Hey guys, this post is more for anyone that has questions about a workout to score well on the PFT in BC and just plain prepare you for BC.

After about a month of me following this, I have seen some major improvements. My palms facing forward, deadlock pullups went from 3 to 12. I can now complete all 100 crunches in 2 minutes. my run is down to 3 miles in 21 minutes.

:thumbup:

So...anyone that has any doubts what they should do, or if they are doing is right, I don't mind giving you my workout.

Email me at Halo2seyborg@yahoo.com

I/M me at InternetSeyko

Hoplite
03-09-08, 10:52 AM
I found a handy little site that is all about Marine Corps fitness. They have alot of good workout programs, tips, motovation, etc. Definatly worth checking out. http://www.*************/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness/

If anyone else has any good workout programs feel free to post em!

PainForPleasure
03-09-08, 02:21 PM
Hey guys, this post is more for anyone that has questions about a workout to score well on the PFT in BC and just plain prepare you for BC.

After about a month of me following this, I have seen some major improvements. My palms facing forward, deadlock pullups went from 3 to 12. I can now complete all 100 crunches in 2 minutes. my run is down to 3 miles in 21 minutes.

:thumbup:

So...anyone that has any doubts what they should do, or if they are doing is right, I don't mind giving you my workout.

Email me at Halo2seyborg@yahoo.com

I/M me at InternetSeyko

We had a POOLEE function here yesterday with all the RSS recruits in one place for a little friendly competition and was basically doing the IST with a few team games thrown in. I have been busting my ass ( was not really super out of shape to begin with ) all day everyday since MEPS. I did 24 pullups at the function, 105 crunches in 2 minutes, and best yet, I did the 3 miles 19:43. We won the function and there was alot of motivation to go around, I lost my voice almost yelling and whatnot. We even got to me the DI that is going to be my DI at PI when I leave the 24th. That was kinda weird, knowing he's gonna kill me in a few weeks, really so because he was so nice at the function.

Anyways, just a little motivation to all the recruits in the DEP. My results were no where near what they were when I first got out of MEPS. My pullups were around 9, crunches were around 75, and 3 miles was like 25 mins. Just work hard everyday and stick with it, no matter how tired you are, and you will see improvements.

Goodluck!

SGT7477
03-09-08, 04:04 PM
We had a POOLEE function here yesterday with all the RSS recruits in one place for a little friendly competition and was basically doing the IST with a few team games thrown in. I have been busting my ass ( was not really super out of shape to begin with ) all day everyday since MEPS. I did 24 pullups at the function, 105 crunches in 2 minutes, and best yet, I did the 3 miles 19:43. We won the function and there was alot of motivation to go around, I lost my voice almost yelling and whatnot. We even got to me the DI that is going to be my DI at PI when I leave the 24th. That was kinda weird, knowing he's gonna kill me in a few weeks, really so because he was so nice at the function.

Anyways, just a little motivation to all the recruits in the DEP. My results were no where near what they were when I first got out of MEPS. My pullups were around 9, crunches were around 75, and 3 miles was like 25 mins. Just work hard everyday and stick with it, no matter how tired you are, and you will see improvements.

Goodluck!
You got to meet your DI, I feel sorry for you,lmfao.:evilgrin:

PainForPleasure
03-09-08, 06:40 PM
You got to meet your DI, I feel sorry for you,lmfao.:evilgrin:

Hah, yea I did. But he was actually very nice and courteous and was willing to answer any and all questions. Seeing that side of him only made me more realize that I am to take nothing personal in bootcamp but all the screaming and yelling is just their job. I would expect nothing less than them going ballistic on me during bootcamp because that's what it's for. To make me a Marine / earn it, not be given the title.

I head out the 24th.

Shutup
Listen
Do
Do it fast
Do it well
Do not quit.

I can't wait :)

SGT7477
03-09-08, 06:49 PM
Hah, yea I did. But he was actually very nice and courteous and was willing to answer any and all questions. Seeing that side of him only made me more realize that I am to take nothing personal in bootcamp but all the screaming and yelling is just their job. I would expect nothing less than them going ballistic on me during bootcamp because that's what it's for. To make me a Marine / earn it, not be given the title.

I head out the 24th.

Shutup
Listen
Do
Do it fast
Do it well
Do not quit.

I can't wait :)
I tell you what wear a Marine Corp. t-shirt and I bet he will shake your hand.:flag:

coolj0098
03-11-08, 01:09 AM
can you email me your workout routine i just cant get my pullups

project
03-11-08, 03:10 PM
When i depped in on june 22 i was only able to do 1 pull up and 48 crunches. I am now able to do 18 pull ups and 112 crunches. I belive most of the improvement was due to losing about 15 pounds. I went from 180 to 165. I was also very motivated and workout everyday. If you are a little overweight it can hurt your pull-ups severly.

mastchief
03-11-08, 06:42 PM
I'm seventeen and i'm 150 and can only do about 30 crunches but i can do about 5 or 6 pullups i do ride my bike alot so maybe that will help me with my running but the thing is i'm home schooled so i don't have P.E. but i'm not making excuses for my self i try to stay in good shape since i'm going to try and join the corp next year i'm really going to step it up this year with my fitness.

fs19
03-11-08, 10:19 PM
Just to through in some extra encouragement and let anyone who doubts themself know that they CAN get to, and surpass their goals with just a little bit of effort and dedication-

A year ago I moved in with my half brother barely able to do a set of 10 pushups and I couldn't run one mile without walking or stopping. I started training some a little before the summer. I DEPed in September 12 and then started to train pretty hardcore. On my first IST, the first weekend after I DEPed in, I had 3 pullups, 99 crunches, and a 11:48 run time (1.5 mile) As of right now, I'm at 14-15 pullups, 140 crunches, and a 20:09 PFT (3 mile) run time. My goal was initially to get a first class PFT during boot camp. Now that I realize that I am improving, my goal is to have a perfect 300 upon arriving to boot camp.

If your having doubts or troubles or just aren't where you want to be, keep working on it, it won't get easier by itslef.