PDA

View Full Version : Current pay scale for combat troops?

greybeard
04-18-03, 12:39 PM
Can someone with a better understanding of current pay scales tell me what the max a Marine will be entitled to under combat situations?
By max, I mean, with dependants, combat aircrew, in Iraq.

An E-1 under 2yrs service will do fine for what I need it for.
Thanks
Don

Super Dave
04-18-03, 12:47 PM
http://www.dfas.mil/money/milpay/pay/2003paytable.pdf

Here you go...all you needed to know.

yellowwing
04-18-03, 12:57 PM
Gee, an extra $5 a day for combat duty. That proves we are not in it for the money!

greybeard
04-18-03, 01:20 PM
Thanks-adding in my head-looks like around $50/day. :(

Super Dave
04-18-03, 01:32 PM
Plus they do not pay taxes on any money up to $5000 or so a month while in combat.

wrbones
04-18-03, 02:46 PM
****, boys. Livin' in the Marine Corps was livin' high! Indoor plumbin'! Usually someone else to do the chores, like mowin the yard and fixin' the plumbin' and leaky roofs and such! Didn't have to have no truck garden, nor climb some pear tree or pick berries to get fresh fruit.Got to take yer laundry to the cleaners! Hot food if ya were in camp or on base! Even had fellers to fix yer teeth and, shave ya and cut yer hair! Bank was just a short walk from the barracks, movie theatre!

They was kinda funny, though, what with separate bars fer enlisted people and college boys. Them college boys was fun to fight and with sometimes. Give ya all the bullets ya want, as long as ya hit what ya was shootin' at, and that ain't hard, after all. Clean sheets in yer rack, and all the hiking and camping ya could handle if ya wanted it! Got to play with all of those expensive toys and all of that stuff ya could make them loud noises with! Hell, I had a good time! Some places, they'd even give ya a ride to work every day! Lots of good folks to visit with! Can't beat all that can ya! Ya didn't even have to pick out who to feud with! They'd do that for ya, too!

Hell, you could even yell at people some if ya was careful who ya yelled at and how loud. All sorts of good stuff to do!

Yep. That was livin'!