PDA

View Full Version : Dq

SBHopeful
03-07-08, 10:48 AM
I got DQ'd for my back(Another post in Ask a Marine with more detail) last June. I have a minor spinal curve that has never hindered me through backpacking trips, Search and Rescue Trainings, Sea Cadets, Basketball, along with weight training. I am a skinny guy so my of my spine was exposed, my question is is it a Permanent Disqualification to have a minor spine curvature due to cartilage in a rib? BTW my waiver got denied, but I am never gonna give up. and I am 17. What do you think?

Thanks a lot,
Jesse

OB MSG
03-07-08, 10:52 AM
Keep in touch with your recruiter, go see your own docs, and talk to them. If this is someting that will straighten itself out as you get older, then you may just have to wait.

Keep plugging and you may get in, good luck!

SBHopeful
03-07-08, 11:14 AM
I highly doubt it will just get straight unless I get surgery and get that piece taken out, but that is very risky and almost certain I won't get in with prior back surgery. I will go to every recruiting station/ MEPs till I get in.....It just frustrates me so much wanting to get in when it doesnt hurt me, and standing by watching these little gangsters get waived in who are going in cuz they got nowhere else to go. All I have to say for those who can get in, dont take it for granted and f*** it up.

Jesse

Aint given up, thanks for your input....I need some more confidence.