PDA

View Full Version : Cammies (Active Marines)

Coda
03-07-08, 07:54 AM
any idea what month we switch back to deserts?

Kegler300
03-07-08, 07:59 AM
Monday, 10 March, the entire Marine Corps switches over to desert digis. Message on the read board this morning.

Kegler300
03-07-08, 08:03 AM
Almar 007/08
Msgid/genadmin/cmc Washington Dc Mcub//
Subj/u.s. Marine Corps Seasonal Uniform Change// Narr/ref A Is Mco P1020.34g Marine Corps Uniform Regulations. Ref B Is Almar 035/07, Wear Of The Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform.// Ref/a/msgid:doc/cmc Washington Dc Mcub/31mar2003// Ref/b/msgid:msg/cmc Washington Dc Mcub/25jul2007// Poc/m. Boyt/ya2/unit:mcub/-/tel:comm (703) 432-4607/tel:dsn 378-4607 /email:mary.boyt@usmc.mil// Gentext/remarks/1. Per The References, Marines Wear The Appropriate Seasonal Uniform Of The Day As Prescribed By The Commander When In Garrison. During The Summer Season, Those Uniforms Are The Blue Dress A/b (ncos And Below)/d, Blue-white Dress A/b (sncos And Officers), Service A/c, And The Desert Marpat Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform (mccuu) With Sleeves Rolled Up. During The Winter Season, Those Uniforms Are The Blue Dress A/b/c, Service A/b, And The Woodland Marpat Mccuu With Sleeves Down.
A. Effective Immediately, The Marine Corps Seasonal Uniform Change While In Garrison Will Occur World-wide In Synchronization With The Change To, And From, Daylight Saving Time (dst) In The United States.
(1) Summer Season. The Marine Corps Will Transition To The Summer Season Uniform The Duty Day Following The Change To Dst.
(2) Winter Season. The Marine Corps Will Transition To The Winter Season Uniform The Duty Day Following The Change From Dst.
B. In Recognition Of The Possibility Of Temperature Extremes Within The First Few Weeks After Changing To/from Dst, Commanders May Direct A Deviation To The Mccuu Sleeves Up/down Policy As Climatic Conditions Warrant. Such Deviations Will Be Temporary And Apply Uniformly Across The Command.
C. For Commands In Geographic Areas With Extreme Seasonal Conditions/extended Seasons (e.g., In Alaska Where Snow Season Extends From October Through The End Of April), Waivers To The Timing Of The Seasonal Uniform Change Will Be Considered On A Case-by-case Basis Per Paragraph 6 Of Reference B.
2. Units Deployed Or In A Tactical/field Environment A. The Seasonal Uniform Guidelines Above Do Not Apply To Deployed Units Or Units In A Tactical/field Environment, As The Commander Will Dictate The Appropriate Uniform Based On The Tactical/field Situation.
B. Reserve Marines And Sailors In A Pre- Or Post-deployment Status Are Considered To Be In A Field/training Status And May Wear The Uniforms They Are Deploying With, Suitable To The Theatre Of Operations, Regardless Of The Season. This May Result In Reservists Wearing The Desert Marpat Mccuu During The Winter Season. In Such Situations, Commanders May Direct That Sleeves Be Worn Up Or Down In Correlation To The Impending Climate Vice The Seasonal Uniform They Are Wearing (e.g., Reservists May Be Wearing The Desert Marpat Mccuu With Sleeves Rolled Down).
3. Paragraph 1002 Of Ref (a) Will Be Changed To Reflect These Changes.
4. Semper Fidelis, James T. Conway, General, U.s. Marine Corps, Commandant Of The Marine Corps.//

Parker-0321
03-07-08, 08:26 AM
Monday, 10 March, the entire Marine Corps switches over to desert digis. Message on the read board this morning.

Sunday the 9th here. Bout time it's getting HOT here!

timreich
03-07-08, 08:38 AM
30 March here:marine: sleeves up too

timreich
03-07-08, 08:57 AM
As I was...it is 10 March. I looked the maradmin and passed it along.

Coda
03-07-08, 10:34 AM
thanks master guns

DIBLO7
03-07-08, 12:03 PM
Sunday the 9th here. Bout time it's getting HOT here!

I dont know about that..its still freezing here in good ol' Washington...Had ice on my car yesterday morning.

PatriotGirl422
03-07-08, 12:16 PM
Boo I don't like deserts as much.