PDA

View Full Version : Puppy over the cliff

oletom
03-04-08, 10:57 PM
Does anyone have an answer as to what has to be done to the so-called Marines that threw a little black and white puppy over the cliff in Iraq? If the Corps doesn't do it's job someone else will have to. I don't think the names have been released yet, but something has to be done when the names are public.

E5NAMKROW
03-04-08, 11:03 PM
Number One, If They Recieved An Eagle, Globe, And Anchor At The Conclusion To Marine Boot Camp, They Are Not So-called Marines.
Number Two, They Should Be Held Accountable According To The Uniform Code Of Military Justice.
They Are The Worst Example Of What We Stand For I Agree, And They Should Lose Rank At The Least. We Are Trained To Kill The Enemy, Not Puppies. There Is No Honor In Animal Cruelty.

oletom
03-04-08, 11:11 PM
Number One, If They Recieved An Eagle, Globe, And Anchor At The Conclusion To Marine Boot Camp, They Are Not So-called Marines.

I only say "so-called" because it hasn't been confirmed as of yet that they are in fact Marines. I've been a Marine since 1952 and seen a few things that as a Marine I was ashamed of, but this really tops them all. I cringe.

E5NAMKROW
03-04-08, 11:14 PM
Thats Why I Say If They Recieved The E.g.a. No Disrespect Intended Brother

ttracker65
03-05-08, 07:48 PM
I might be wrong but I do not think I am Every MC Base is a game preserve and since these ..............um............. well what ever they are has given us as well as CMC a huge black eye I am sure they will fry. Heck we had a PFC That liked to hang Tarantulas at Pendleton and got 6 wks CCP for it.

MarineNCO
03-06-08, 06:14 AM
I saw a shortened version of it. I couldn't tell if it was 2 Marines or 2 Soldiers to be honest. The lightness in the color of the uniform leads me to believe it was Marines.

timreich
03-06-08, 06:45 AM
2 Marines, 2 soldiers? Truthfully does it really matter? Dogs are wild in Iraq, not pets, not mans best friend, they are diesed animals. We are told to kill them in Iraq because they are everywhere. Yes a more humain way could have been used but in a combat situation where your taught to be desensatized to human death, a wild puppy running around with diese's life seems a little more insignificant.

MarineNCO
03-06-08, 09:24 AM
2 Marines, 2 soldiers? Truthfully does it really matter? Dogs are wild in Iraq, not pets, not mans best friend, they are diesed animals. We are told to kill them in Iraq because they are everywhere. Yes a more humain way could have been used but in a combat situation where your taught to be desensatized to human death, a wild puppy running around with diese's life seems a little more insignificant.

First, they weren't in a firefight nor did they appear to be in jeapordy. It isn't so much that they killed it. It is the manner in which they did it. The video I saw was they held the puppy (yes it was a puppy that wasn't more than a few months old) up by the scruff of the neck. Then the servicemember threw it as far as he could. They did not cut it's throat to bleed out quickly, they did not crush it's head, they did not shoot it in the head, they did nothing to end it's life quickly. Instead they threw it and let it lay there, dead or alive. That is where the cruelty comes in.

I understand that the animals need to be dispatched due to a number of reasons. But do it in a manner that ends life quickly.

timreich
03-06-08, 10:07 AM
[quote=timreich]Yes a more humain way could have been used quote]

I did say they went about it the wrong way. I just dont agree with all this disgrace to the Corps bull$h1t and making it a national concern. I think we as the America people should be more concerned with the death of our men and women a little more than a damn dog. I'm not say the people on this site view it that way but as a whole ourcountry does.

outlaw3179
03-06-08, 10:08 AM
Who gives a s*it? It happened, burn him , push forward.

jetdoc
03-06-08, 10:37 AM
Yea well those fvckers deserve the same, toss them off a cliff, I hate fvcking fvcks that abuse animals.

I posted this clip a while back about a Marine Officer that did the complete opposite of what those losers did.....he took in a dog and became friends.

Not to mention those guys who did that to the puppy will have bad Karma now....very bad.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d5c_1202890917

yanacek
03-06-08, 12:15 PM
This indeed was disturbing. I don't know the exact circumstances behind this video, but what really disturbed me was the joy they showed in killing a living creature. Killing, even when done with just cause, should never be taken so lightly. Regardless of the circumstances, they exercised poor judgment in taping the event, and in documenting their actions while in uniform have brought discredit on the Marine Corps. Accordingly, they should be disciplined, even if it can be proven that the animal was not injured.

jinelson
03-06-08, 12:30 PM
Im appalled myself but am too old and been a member here too long to rush to judgement. I have also heard it reported that they were doggies that did the evil deed. There is not a doubt in my military mind that its on DOD's radar scope and they have Papa One's orders to investigate and make public. If I was a Senator or Congressman I would be able to tell you that "Marines are killing Iraqi puppy's in cold blood". Until the decision of a military courts martail I will bite my lip.

Jim

95Mustang03
03-06-08, 04:03 PM
...I've been a Marine since 1952 and seen a few things that as a Marine I was ashamed of, but this really tops them all. I cringe.

Really? This tops them all? Young Okinawan girls getting raped, a Cpl killing a pregnant LCpl, murder for hire plots, drug rings on bases...but a puppy getting thrown of a cliff tops them all. Wow. I don't want to get in a p**sing contest or argue back and forth, I am just REALLY surprised at how much anger stems from a dog being killed.
This kid was sent to war to locate, close with and destroy the enemy. At times there are orders to kill ferel animals as they are used for IED's. Was this puppy hiding a 500lbs arty shell, not likely. But I am sure he did not see it as Lassie either.

Has anyone considered PTSD?

All you salty gentlemen fought a much different war than the young kids today. Could everything you did be shown on Youtube and you not get in trouble?

We, the younger generation, know nothing about the pain endured in Korea, Viet Nam, or even the first Gulf War, but you also haven't walked in his/her boots and fought in this war.

All I ask is that you not be so hasty to condemn a fellow Marine. That is exactly what the media wants. We need to stand by each other (punish as necessary) and not throw each other to the wolves over a puppy.

Semper Fi

SlingerDun
03-06-08, 04:13 PM
On the 1 + million acre_____Ranch in SE Oregon. I watched as the Cowboss gathered some 18 pups. Penned up in a hogwire corral he asked the Buckaroos which ones were keepers. These were not quite domestic animals nor were their dams and sires, they were selected fed and hired on for work. Rarely if ever felt a human hand or encouraging words and never went indoors. You had to drag them with a string if for some reason you wanted them inside but you didn't, they were nasty. About the same as 3rd world vermin infested curs without vaccinations, except these animals work, hard. City'its have a hard time and get their feelers hurt with this breed because they don't understand why these dogs young and old keep their distance and look suspicious when they hear the aaaaaaaawwwwww good boy baby talk, scat

5 were chosen to live and work, the remaining whelps were were shot with a .270

Dodging rounds in a pen is no more humane than being launched into an arroyo grande. None of the men enjoyed the massacre but nobody wanted to foot the feed bill and nobody ran shootin flames to the newspaper screaming for "justice". A few years before my time ranchers had rabbit killings by the thousands and yes they sometimes had a party afterwards. coyote pups? oh lord! if Bea Arthur only knew.

--->Dave

hrscowboy
03-06-08, 04:24 PM
Mustang, what are you saying our wars werent nothing?? You try fighting a enemy that you very rarely seen, boobie traps all thru the jungles and fighting with equip that was used back in the Korean war and WWII eating C rats that where made in 1944. Did we have bullet proof vest? hell no we didnt did we have armored vehicles hell no we didnt. did we have encoming on our base camps dang near every night hell yes we did. This war in iraq is nothing different then what we went thru but one thing we old salts had was morals and we had NCOs that would burn your arse for some of this crap thats going on. You Talk PTSD I have PTSD and i know several others that have it also and i know for a fact I would not kill something that was not a threat to me.. and i know for a fact the brothers i know wouldnt either..

95Mustang03
03-06-08, 04:29 PM
On the 1 + million acre_____Ranch in SE Oregon. I watched as the Cowboss gathered some 18 pups. Penned up in a hogwire corral he asked the Buckaroos which ones were keepers. These were not quite domestic animals nor were their dams and sires, they were selected fed and hired on for work. Rarely if ever felt a human hand or encouraging words and never went indoors. You had to drag them with a string if for some reason you wanted them inside but you didn't, they were nasty. About the same as 3rd world vermin infested curs without vaccinations, except these animals work, hard. City'its have a hard time and get their feelers hurt with this breed because they don't understand why these dogs young and old keep their distance and look suspicious when they hear the aaaaaaaawwwwww good boy baby talk, scat

5 were chosen to live and work, the remaining whelps were were shot with a .270

Dodging rounds in a pen is no more humane than being launched into an arroyo grande. None of the men enjoyed the massacre but nobody wanted to foot the feed bill and nobody ran shootin flames to the newspaper screaming for "justice". A few years before my time ranchers had rabbit killings by the thousands and yes they sometimes had a party afterwards. coyote pups? oh lord! if Bea Arthur only knew.

--->Dave

Dave for President.

2ndCEBSupply
03-06-08, 04:31 PM
i Love animals and have pets but this here is nothing new the dogs were target practice in fallajuah from 04-05 when i was there not by me though

95Mustang03
03-06-08, 04:37 PM
Mustang, what are you saying our wars werent nothing?? You try fighting a enemy that you very rarely seen, boobie traps all thru the jungles and fighting with equip that was used back in the Korean war and WWII eating C rats that where made in 1944. Did we have bullet proof vest? hell no we didnt did we have armored vehicles hell no we didnt. did we have encoming on our base camps dang near every night hell yes we did. This war in iraq is nothing different then what we went thru but one thing we old salts had was morals and we had NCOs that would burn your arse for some of this crap thats going on. You Talk PTSD I have PTSD and i know several others that have it also and i know for a fact I would not kill something that was not a threat to me.. and i know for a fact the brothers i know wouldnt either..

Hrscowboy,
No, no, no, not at all! What I said was "We, the younger generation, know nothing about the pain endured in Korea, Viet Nam, or even the first Gulf War, but you also haven't walked in his/her boots and fought in this war."

Which means exactly that. You all went through some pretty serious shat, in a different war, in a different era, on a different battle ground. Stuff I can't even begin to imagine.
Just as you were so quick to defend your experiences and anyone doubting what you went through, I am trying to do the same. Think about how you would feel if some one started causing a big stink becuase they found out that during a patrol you had shot a Vietnamese dog. Regradless of what the circumstances were.
I have nothing but respect for all my fellow Vets of other wars. The way Viet Nam vets were treated upon their return was shameful. Just remember that they are all different. Our Marines are experiencing this every day as well (Code Pink, etc)
We are all on the same team, that was all I was trying to say.

95Mustang03
03-06-08, 04:40 PM
Hrscowboy, as an aside...
I did mention in another post, in a different thread that he does deserve punishment if indeed found guilty. NJP, office hours, whatever the commander sees fit pending the outcome of the investigation.
Innocent until proven guilty.

testforecho2112
03-06-08, 04:44 PM
http://www.bangedup.com/post.php?media=11889

Not a work friendly site...or a wife friendly site!

jetdoc
03-06-08, 04:49 PM
You see now I'm really ****ed. The news didn't show the whole clip...I had originally thought maybe he didn't throw it for real...now I can see the azzhole really did.....what a fag.

yellowwing
03-06-08, 07:09 PM
Hrscowboy, as an aside...
I did mention in another post, in a different thread that he does deserve punishment if indeed found guilty. NJP, office hours, whatever the commander sees fit pending the outcome of the investigation.
Innocent until proven guilty.
Lets see how the investigation goes and what CMC and the JAGs do about it.

CLOSED