PDA

View Full Version : Does this help anyone?

firstsgtmike
04-18-03, 06:29 AM
Please don't ask ME anything about this. I thought/hoped some of you may find it of interest.

4-17: The DOD is now constructing, the actual application to apply for CRSC. After April 21st, they will conduct a test of 100 randomly selected disabled retirees.

The Pentagon will soon have a mailing to about 60,000 potential elegibles, identified by the VA that appear to be candidates for CRSC. All the Service organizations, as well as Tom Philpott's Milupdate will have details on the application process as well.

When the applications become available on this website in a few weeks, it will be wise to include information describing your disabilities as a direct result of armed conflict; while engaged in hazardous service; in the performance of duty under conditions simulating war; or through an instrumentality of war. The DOD has described the process as like a US Tax Form 1040, and they are tailoring their reviews to a fill in the blank process.

The DOD leadership wants this program to go smoothly without a lot of squawks, so it has the full potential of being good news for many disabled retirees. In the interim, we believe problems will emerge with the more complex applications, and the inability of the services to process them within a reasonable time.

Over the next few years, we expect DOD to disburse about one billion dollars in claims under the CRSC program, but don't expect the payments to begin at the June 2003 effective date. Take your time with the applications, and get it right the first time, for many this compensation can be a life changing event and we'll be here to make sure you get the best "no spin" facts available. It will require patience, because there will be delays, but approved claims will be paid with a June effective date!

[Source: http://www.crlegislation.com/]

ongreen5
05-04-03, 02:04 PM
Thanks Mike but l sure as hell wont hold my breath, three wars ,75, 6wounds minor but no heart, and l am sopposed to rember nams and places from 50 years ago and prove it.ldont think so. thanks once more
ongreen5@aol.com in so. Calif.