PDA

View Full Version : Marine Week - Military Channel

FeMzZ
03-03-08, 02:43 PM
Anyone else going to be glued to their television this week? For anyone who doesnt know by now, Marine Week starts tonight at 8pm Est on the Military Channel. Seems like the first part is an hour of Marine Corps bootcamp, second comes "Mountain Marines", then the third showing tonight is "weaponology" which will go over the history of the U.S.M.C.

so who else plans on watching it? :usmc::evilgrin::banana:

DTM
03-03-08, 03:01 PM
I'll be glued. I leave for MCRDPI in 14 days, so I'm looking forward to the Making Marines special at 8pm tonight. Should be some good last minute "moto" as I'm making the final PT push before I leave.

gnarkill04
03-03-08, 03:02 PM
I don't have the military channel. :cry: Anyone wanna tape everything this week and ship it to me? :D

jungleman4422
03-03-08, 03:20 PM
I don't have the military channel. :cry: Anyone wanna tape everything this week and ship it to me? :D
If you go to their home page you should be able to find where you can watch the programs after they air on your computer. I dont know if you need to pay or not, so now the question you need to ask yourself is..... is it worth it?

RockSteady85
03-03-08, 03:54 PM
If you go to their home page you should be able to find where you can watch the programs after they air on your computer. I dont know if you need to pay or not, so now the question you need to ask yourself is..... is it worth it?

It's always worth it my friend - always :bunny:

gnarkill04
03-03-08, 03:56 PM
Haha. Close to worth it.. But not really

RockSteady85
03-03-08, 04:04 PM
Haha. Close to worth it.. But not really

It always is if you intend on ever going into the Corps, trust me. I just got back from a military surplus store and one of the things I bought was a book entitled, "The United States Marine Corps Workout". I bought this despite being laid up for less than a week post-operatively with my knee that I broke in boot, so I won't be able to use this book for a good two or three months at least. I'm looking at it right now and intend to join a gym within the next two weeks in order to get back to my level of fitness pre-boot, if not better, so I can re-enlist or go to OCS. If it makes you better, it is ALWAYS worth it.

gnarkill04
03-03-08, 04:06 PM
Haha but this would involve getting a credit card [to pay online] just to watch shows. While i'd definitely be willing to pay to watch Marine shows, I don't have the money, nor a credit card.

crazymjb
03-03-08, 04:15 PM
There are only a few shows on the lineup for this week I haven't seen, but I'll be tivoing them.

Mike

RockSteady85
03-03-08, 04:23 PM
Haha but this would involve getting a credit card [to pay online] just to watch shows. While i'd definitely be willing to pay to watch Marine shows, I don't have the money, nor a credit card.

Meh, perhaps I will have to be nice and record them for you and send them to you so you can watch, because that's how I roll :banana:

Not like I was going anywhere anyways, with this (R) knee completely done up in stitches, metal, and ice. I saw the ads for that the other day and have been waiting ever since. A few shows I already saw before I shipped to boot, but I will still watch them nonetheless. Should be grand memories LOL.

gnarkill04
03-03-08, 04:27 PM
Please do. You'd be 14 notches more cool in my book. I've never seen anything on the military channel before. Including all of the Marine shows. ****es me off everytime I see one on and can't watch.

RockSteady85
03-03-08, 04:35 PM
Please do. You'd be 14 notches more cool in my book. I've never seen anything on the military channel before. Including all of the Marine shows. ****es me off everytime I see one on and can't watch.

My fat arse will do what I can. I just got this DVD player 2 days ago (I love when people cart me around when I am immobile!), and I have yet to really figure out this whole deal. But if I do, you have a DVD coming to you, my friend.

Patriot34
03-03-08, 05:32 PM
I just about fell over when I saw the add. I CAN'T WAIT!

DEP Poolee
03-03-08, 05:35 PM
I hope they air it on History Channel. I don't have Military Channel.

gnarkill04
03-03-08, 05:44 PM
That'd be sick rock. -crossing fingers-

RockSteady85
03-03-08, 05:55 PM
That'd be sick rock. -crossing fingers-

I shall see what I can do for you, mmmkay? :-)

FeMzZ
03-03-08, 06:27 PM
i wouldve recorded it for you but my vcr/dvd thing kind of caught a bat to the front end when it refused to finish the ending to Full Metal Jacket.......didnt get to see the mickey mouse march until i put it in my xbox 360 :mad:

gnarkill04
03-03-08, 06:30 PM
Haha. Sounds like you're ready for boot, Femzz.:evilgrin:

johnpsmith84
03-04-08, 06:59 PM
can anyone, upload the making marine episodes. i really want to see them. and any other episodes if possible?

FeMzZ
03-04-08, 07:26 PM
well like i said i cant record them but i can tell you some about them. They pretty much split each episode up into 2 part, the male recruits and the female recruits. I personally am quite disappointed by the showing so far. I thought it would have been something else :cry:

jungholee90
03-04-08, 08:33 PM
I really need to ask my parents to get me Military Channel. I am missing out every time this topic comes up. Does anyone want to send me a copy? ;] I want to watch that Making Marines so bad.

FeMzZ
03-04-08, 08:38 PM
I would record it for you but like I said, there were some problems :devious:
But I am a little disappointed by the showings, they are'nt what I expected.
Basically, they split it up between male and female Marines....to me it seems like the females are getting more time but still, its not what I thought

jetdoc
03-04-08, 08:50 PM
Got it all set up for the Tivo deal.

gnarkill04
03-04-08, 09:08 PM
With my mom being against the military... doubt getting the military CHANNEL is an option. Haha. Anyone gets it taped, be a pal and ship it. :D rocksteady? eh? ;)

rkidd4
03-04-08, 11:09 PM
Wow watching Making Marines Parris Island made me even more excited to leave...this wait might kill me! lol