PDA

View Full Version : "Let Us Remember"

Phantom Blooper
04-17-03, 08:03 PM
April 18,1983 United States Embassy bombing Beirut,Lebanon.Occured about 1300 Lebanese time.Carried out by a terrorist(coward) driving a van,reportedly stolen from the embassy in June 1982. This van carried an estimated 2000 pound load of explosives tearing through the front portion of the seven story building. Most of the victims were at lunch and were killed by the collapsing building.Killed 63 occupants of the building 17 of which were Americans. One U.S.Marine was killed Cpl. Robert V. McMaugh,an embassy guard. He will always be remembered as he is guarding the streets of gold. One journalist was killed.Several State Department officials were killed. The entire U.S. CIA Middle East contingent were killed. Several U.S. Army trainers were killed. Remember that Beirut,Lebanon was the United States first"war on terror." Please take time to remember our fallen brother. Semper-Fi!! "Never Forget" Beirut,Lebanon 05/83-11/83:marine:

JAMarine
04-17-03, 10:26 PM
You got it Brother.
They will not be forgotten.

JChristin
04-18-03, 03:51 AM
I knew several Marines murdered in Beirut. They have never been forgotten. Their smiles, laughs, dedication to the Marine Corps, their desires to better their lives and move on.

They each had a family; mother, father, sisters and brothers, girlfriends, wives, kids. They shared the desire to attend college, earn degrees, provide for their family and live a good life. They wanted to be the best - and they were. We were all young then and share a common trait, hope.

They will never be forgotten. I tip my cover in their honor and their memory.

semper fi,
jchristin