PDA

View Full Version : A year ago this POOL (ee) HALL was..

Soon2BeVIP
03-02-08, 02:17 PM
my life. Weird to see how much things change in a year. Can't believe I never made it. I guess the doctors would know if I have a bad back or not, but still sucks. Now for the rest of my life I will see USMC bumper stickers or people or anything that'll remind me and I'll always just remember that was supposed to be me. Coming here today though feels strange. I used to sneak on to check messages at school (Don't you other poolees do that) and run home everyday and hang out on here. Occasionally would get into a random fight on here, but that was rare and so many of us did. I wonder if everyone else made it ?

Marine84
03-02-08, 02:58 PM
Can't believe you never made what? Have you been disqualified already?

Wyoming
03-02-08, 03:20 PM
Can't believe you never made what? Have you been disqualified already?

I'm lost here. :confused:

Soon2BeVIP
03-02-08, 04:18 PM
I was in the DEP was supposed to leave last July. In May I ended up going to the doctor for back pain and I have scoliosis. Which I think they would've picked up at MEPS, but maybe not. But yes I ended up being DQ'ed for it.

gnarkill04
03-02-08, 04:25 PM
Why shouldn't poolee's/wannabe's sneak on during school? :-P

That sucks man. Keep your head up. Everything happens for a reason.

Soon2BeVIP
03-02-08, 04:38 PM
Why shouldn't poolee's/wannabe's sneak on during school? :-P

That sucks man. Keep your head up. Everything happens for a reason.
I know and hoping. Just weird. This site really was my favorite place to be. And I always had those "I'm preparing for something huuuge" feeling in my stomach. Now I'll never feel that again. Well one day when it comes to getting married or having a kid, but you know what I mean.

davblay
03-02-08, 05:53 PM
Jon, I was just wondering last night what ever happened to you! Don't be a stranger, I am still here and you can PM me anytime you want. ;)

Dave

SlingerDun
03-02-08, 06:05 PM
Here's a rundown of my own spinal conformation faults; sway backed and a bit stoop shouldered since childhood, scoliosis of the neck from diving into a pool at the age of 15 and hitting the bottom with my head. scoliosis of the middle back and left curvature of the low back from working in high stress unbalanced positions bent over in awkward stances shoeing horses for the public 21 years. Humped in the Corps and still wear a rucksack as routine exercise. Dont think your life has ended quite yet, i'll breakdown long before you do but it wont be anytime soon.

--->Dave

crazymjb
03-02-08, 06:36 PM
You know you can fight MEPS right? They can DQ you, and DQ you, and PDQ you and you can usually get stuff waived. Tons of us have waivers here for one thing or another.

Have you tried going back to a recruiter to see what can be done?

I have a few questions:
1. Is your scoliosis treatable?
2. Is it in any way dibilitating besides being slightly uncomfortable (does it compromise your ability to carry a load)?

Mike

Motto Poolee
03-02-08, 06:45 PM
I can tell you Im so glad I've found this site, before I joined I thought I was the only one with a problem whos going to bootcamp, or being in the Marines. Ive certainly found out that my problem is small as hell. My problem is a headache everyday. Its hurts sometimes, but I can still focus, and workout. In all means Im good to go, but it will be a challenge for me none the less! It makes me feel sorry for some of the guys who have more serious problems, but makes me feel better. Im sure tons on Marines have gone through boot with bad problems...Im sure ass hell a lot have gone through with constant headaches...If I want the title bad enough I bet I can do this! Anyways a lot of you guys are really an inspiration to me and really moto...I appreaciate it! So glad I belong to this community!

Brandon1
03-02-08, 06:52 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27739

Read that when you think your having a bad day.

jetdoc
03-03-08, 02:08 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27739

Read that when you think your having a bad day.

I had lost track of that thread, thanks for posting it....I didn't even know he had passed on....that was one hard story to read. Semper Fi

Brandon1
03-03-08, 02:37 PM
I read it atleast once a week when I think my week couldnt get any worse.

Soon2BeVIP
03-04-08, 05:59 PM
Thanks Dave. I'll definitely be writing you soon. Update you with my life right now.

To everyone else thanks for the advice, but it's not waiverable. I had to go through waivers with my weight even...I was 6 sometimes 6'1" depending on how straight I had to stand and weighed 130. But I did get that waived. But this wasn't waivable. After experiencing back pain after many of my pt's my recruiter had me go to a doctor. Turns out my thorasic scoliosis was at 45 degrees and lumbar at 30 (you can only be at 30 for thorasic and 20 for lumbar).

As for the bad day thing. I know I don't have it as bad as many people and I wouldn't ever claim to, but you got to admit it would suck being in the DEP a good 8 months and then finally finding out you're DQ'ed...when literally your whole school knows your going in and your recruiter is coming and hanging out your sport events and all of a sudden it's like "Oh hey nevermind"

Brandon1
03-05-08, 04:36 AM
It's not "Oh hey nevermind" it's pretty much "Look I got diagnosed with scoliosis". It's not your fault and whoever thinks you chickened out just say "What?" <=== Compliments of Stone Cold Steve Austin HAHAHA!