PDA

View Full Version : Daughter just arrived in Iraq

emilysmom
03-01-08, 09:28 PM
My daughter just arrived in Iraq this week. Yes I'm a very nervous mom. Will need all the support I can get. Thanks and God Bless

yellowwing
03-01-08, 09:31 PM
Welcome aboard to another Marine Mom! Tell us more about yourself. We always are open to prayer requests and sounding/vent board.

God Bless and watch over your daughtrer and Our Sister.

emilysmom
03-01-08, 09:37 PM
Thank you yellowwing. I am in Ohio. My daughter Emily deployed from Camp Pendleton. She is with the Ammo Co. This is her first deployment. She graduated boot camp from Paris Island in 06

Wyoming
03-01-08, 10:34 PM
Welcome Ma'am!

I bet you wish you had signed up earlier, as there are a BUNCH of Moms and Dads on here.

Semper Fidelis to your Daughter!!

Osotogary
03-01-08, 11:31 PM
Welcome, Ma'am.
I'm a Marine Dad and I want to welcome you to one of the finest websites on the internet. The folks here are about as a supportive and straight shooting group of individuals that you will ever meet.
May God bless your daughter and her fellow Marines..as well as her loved ones.
Two quick suggestions that you might wish to check out.
1. The Post Office provides a package of mailing goods (envelopes, boxes, tape, customs forms etc.) for those families with family members now serving at no cost. Please check with your local postal clerk.
2. Check out the website MOTOMAIL. If your daughters FPO number is an authorized MOTOMAIL site, your daughter will get the letter that you created on MOTOMAIL in a matter of a couple of days.
Adios for now. Your daughter is in fine company.
Gary

jinelson
03-02-08, 01:43 AM
You are family here Ma'am welcome aboard and make yourself at home. You raised a heck of a daughter that makes us all prouder.

Jim

Phantom Blooper
03-02-08, 05:50 AM
Marines have a hard job to do on a daily basis. It is even tougher when they are put into harms way. Her training from YOU and her time in the Marine Corps will kick in and she will be just fine!

They say that a Marine wife has the toughest job in the Marine Corps by being married to a Marine and keeping the home front going while the Marine is deployed. I will not argue that fact because I would say that there is truth in it. And because I ain't stupid........:beer:

However I would go one step further to say that Marine Moms & Dads are the mortar that holds the foundation of the Marine Corps family together.

Years back you started the life of your Marine and over the years with the blood,sweat and tears in the mortar mix you built a strong foundation for your Marines body to stand on.

The Marine Corps drill instructors added more rooms for the growing mass. The fleet training that a Marine receives makes the permanent building... rock solid to allow for more growth and remodeling over many more years.

YOU helped build a wonderful daughter and Marine. There may be elements in the next few months that shake the shingles and rattle the walls a bit. But the foundation will stay solid and stand firm and upright and weather the storm.

She will do fine and you as a mom will do fine. Write her as much as possible and keep in touch by Moto mail and email. Be positive in your letters as she already knows you care and are worried.

Keep yourself busy also...so as not to dwell on the mission at hand.

Good luck to you and Godspeed,fair winds and following seas to your Marine daughter!

Semper-Fi!

:evilgrin:

Marine84
03-02-08, 06:40 AM
YAY! Another MOM!

Do you cook a lot? Some of us travel..............LOL!

Emily will be fine. She's got Grunts watching out for her.

Phantom Blooper
03-02-08, 08:26 AM
Do you cook a lot? Some of us travel..............LOL!

Good home cooked chow and care packages are always a plus.....don't forget the Charmin.

:evilgrin:

mskassie
03-02-08, 10:54 AM
Ma'am,
If you would care to share this fine young Marine's FPO with me, I would be honored to get care packages, letters of support, etc to her and her unit throughout their deployment. And if you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact me. You are among the best here on this site, trust in what they tell you.
v/r,
Kassie

SGT7477
03-02-08, 11:40 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you she is part of the most elite force in the world, God Bless and Semper FI.

kaboom1371
03-03-08, 12:18 AM
Hang in there and know that she is with the worlds finest and most feared fighting force in the world! Give her lots of home comfort care packages. Makes a huge difference for motivation in the rough times like that. Always remember that Marines have fun and can enjoy the worst of situations. even though you are pulling your hair out she is probably laughing at something that some silly Marine is doing. My point is just because it's hostile there don't think they aren't having fun when they can also...

emilysmom
03-03-08, 12:29 AM
Many thanks to all who have replied. I know Emily is with the best. She sounded great the last time she called. I look forward to those 4 am phone calls!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing I work 2nd shift. Once again many thanks.

Phantom Blooper
03-03-08, 05:37 AM
Heres the URL for Moto Mail....

https://www.motomail.us/login.cfm?CFID=4389320&CFTOKEN=48fbf9618c12482d-52331D4D-97A3-574F-CC19F2CC36B87DBD&jsessionid=b43058d2454755553e25

Sign up...make an account and the letter gets there faster and sealed so only the intended reader can view it. Now you can also send pictures. Good luck!:evilgrin:

yellowwing
03-03-08, 06:05 AM
Heres the URL for Moto Mail....

https://www.motomail.us/login.cfm?CFID=4389320&CFTOKEN=48fbf9618c12482d-52331D4D-97A3-574F-CC19F2CC36B87DBD&jsessionid=b43058d2454755553e25

Sign up...make an account and the letter gets there faster and sealed so only the intended reader can view it. Now you can also send pictures. Good luck!:evilgrin:
Its a great service! I can send mail to my Deployed pen pal. He can read it on paper without using up his scarcely alotted email time.

E5NAMKROW
03-05-08, 05:02 PM
Welcome Aboard

Wyoming
03-05-08, 05:20 PM
Welcome Aboard

What do this mean?

Emily's Mom?

She has been a member since April 2006.