PDA

View Full Version : Jakegpoolee is now on the Silent Drill Platoon

Achped
03-01-08, 05:45 PM
Holy crap, leatherneck member, my best friend and fellow boot-camp platoon-mate is on the SDP. He's on the actual platoon that does the commercials for the Corps, and is in the same platoon that did the Corps' newest commercial, where they're in front of the grand canyon and golden gate bridge. Thats absolutely insane to think about, his twin brother Max is doing urban sniper training in Georgia, and our other best friend, PFC Auth is deploying to Iraq with 2nd LAR here in a few weeks.

And Im holding down the fort at Supply School...:mad:

Wyoming
03-01-08, 05:51 PM
Good to hear, the SDP thing.

However, loose lips sink ships!!

I thought this was discussed before!!

Phantom Blooper
03-01-08, 05:59 PM
Glad to hear Matt...

I also agree with Cpl Big Al....:(

And quit complaining....your still active thats better than the alternative!:evilgrin:

sparkie
03-01-08, 06:08 PM
ALWAYS,,,, Exciting Damm Times.

Marine84
03-01-08, 07:50 PM
That's AWESOME man! Tell him to let us know when the first show is.

03SGT
03-02-08, 06:59 AM
I just took my grandson to see the SDP yesterday (March 1) at the Pasadena Rosa Bowl. Brought tears to my eyes, they were awesome. My grandson, who's father was born on Camp Pendleton and killed in a car accident before he made it to the USMC, now wants to join the JR. Marine program. If the SDP is ever in your area, it's a must.

SDP mom
03-04-08, 07:23 AM
I am not a Marine, just a Marine mom but wanted to say congrats to Achpeds friend and new member of the SDP. My son is in his third year with the platoon and has had a wonderful experience. As the current drill master he had the great fortune of being part of the recent Marine Corps commercial. We were fortunate enough to have been able to visit one of the filmings and I have to say it was impressive as he**. I wish your friend well and hope he realizes what an incredible honor his current assignment is. He has apparently shown great dedication and hard work to have gotten where he is and I hope he doesn't take one minute of it for granted.

03SGT - You are so right.....anyone who misses an opportunity to see the SDP has missed a truly moving and amazing performance. ( of course I am kinda partial)

Semper Fi !!!!!!

Molly