PDA

View Full Version : Recon Marines- Let the flamming begin.

Seyborg
03-01-08, 07:38 AM
All right. I know tons of kids want to be Recon Marines. I hear about it all the time. A kid in MEPS physical group was at least 40-50 pounds over wieght and thats all he talked about doing, being a Recon Marine.

Well, for the first time ever, I present to you someone that wants to be a Recon Marine, that might actually have a chance.

I'm 6'2"-3" and 182 pounds. %fat= 10ish. At the moment I want some advice and critisism on my current work out. I ship in June. I have until then to get where I want to on the PFT and in Marine shape.

As of now my score on the pft would be 187 (2nd class). I'm working on the pullups portion and the 3miles the most. My crunches have maxed at 100 in 2min.

Below is my workout. Don't ask me why, this is just from research. If you have any suggestions, edit my current workout..if you can. I'm dead serious about being a Recon Marine. I have researched in through and through.

DAY1- Pull-ups = 3xRM Push-ups = 3xRM Curls = 3x20 Rows = 3x20 Shoulder Press = 3x20 Dips = 3xRM [Attn: RM means failure so 3xRM = 3 sets of failure]

DAY2- Running [Running is 3 miles of 1/4 mile sprint; jog 1/2 mile; 1/4 sprint for three miles.] Biking 5 miles. Jump Rope 3x100 Elliptical training for 30 mins. Etensive abs. [this includes leg raises, scissors, side to side crunches, decline situps, crunch machine]

DAY3- Same as DAY1

DAY4- Same and DAY2

DAY5- MOCK PFT TEST 2min crunches, push-ups. 1xRM = pullups. 3 miles timed. 10 mile march with 25 pound pack @ 5mph. timed 500m swim.

After situps pushups and pullups...do one more RM set..

DAY6 & 7- REST

DAILY = 1 mile run and Killer crunches routine with 500m swim no time.

Thanks for reading guys.