PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting promoted?

Achped
02-29-08, 06:54 PM
Can anyone tell me, who is familiar with MOL, Marine Online, what "Select Grade"? means?

All my buddies that I KNOW are getting promoted to E2, as in pinned during a ceremony next week, in March all have "E2" under select grade by their name.

And all my buddies that I went to boot with, that were pfcs with me to begin with all say "E3" under select grade. But I went to boot June 11, March 11 is nine months which is when you pick up PFC, so wouldnt it be April until Im pinned?

What does select grade mean? I want my crossed rifles!!

Achped
02-29-08, 06:57 PM
I just realized its 9 months time in service, but only 8 time in grade.

So, March 11 will be my 9 months time in service. But I was promoted through my recruiter while in boot, on July 20th, which means March 20th is my 8 months time in grade.

So still, wouldnt it be April when I pick it up??

ZSKI
02-29-08, 06:59 PM
No when you entered boot that month is counted so your 9 months and in march it will be 10

jackson07
02-29-08, 07:57 PM
If you are getting promoted in March your MOL account should say selected grade E-3. MOL updated for March promotions Feb. 25th. Than again.. your MOL could be messed up.

SgtHopperUSMC
02-29-08, 08:00 PM
You will get the crossed rifles don't worry.....

You will earn the stripe (s):evilgrin:

Semper Fi!!

Achped
03-01-08, 05:42 PM
If you are getting promoted in March your MOL account should say selected grade E-3. MOL updated for March promotions Feb. 25th. Than again.. your MOL could be messed up.

You know how you can see others on MOL in your mos and other MOSs by rank? friends that I know are being promoted in March all say Selected grade e2 e3 etc. I dont think its a glitch since I went in at the same time as these guys that are getting e3 did too. Glad to hear it, I think Im getting pinned Monday or Tuesday, along with like 60 Pvts to PFC (No exageration)

SGT7477
03-01-08, 06:10 PM
Just hope there isn't a rank freeze like the crap we had.

Accord
03-03-08, 11:30 AM
What is your Date Of Rank?

That's all I need to know to tell you when you'll be pinned.

MarineNCO
03-03-08, 01:20 PM
What is your Date Of Rank?

That's all I need to know to tell you when you'll be pinned.

Not to be a spoil sport but perhaps he is getting non-recced. You can't be certain when he will be promoted, only have a very good idea.

In MOL: Go to Personal Info. Click on Rank/MOS. This should list your rank and MOS. You can sort the list by clicking the name or DOR or anything like that to make finding yourself easier.

6 Months from Pvt to PFC
9 Months from PFC to LCpl
I believe this is the normal promotion time frames.

Accord
03-03-08, 03:28 PM
Not to be a spoil sport but perhaps he is getting non-recced. You can't be certain when he will be promoted, only have a very good idea.

In MOL: Go to Personal Info. Click on Rank/MOS. This should list your rank and MOS. You can sort the list by clicking the name or DOR or anything like that to make finding yourself easier.

6 Months from Pvt to PFC
9 Months from PFC to LCpl
I believe this is the normal promotion time frames.
He's one of my buddies (in real life) and he just checked into the fleet about a week ago, he definitely didn't get nonrec'd.

Marine84
03-03-08, 07:54 PM
I talked to him earlier - he got it.

Go nab his a$$ Flash!

Phantom Blooper
03-03-08, 08:19 PM

Congratulations Marine!:beer:

:evilgrin:

semperfi170
03-03-08, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Achped]:

"All my buddies that I KNOW are getting promoted to E2, as in pinned during a ceremony next week, in March all have "E2" under select grade by their name. "

And all my buddies that I went to boot with, that were pfcs with me to begin with all say "E3" under select grade. But I went to boot June 11, March 11 is nine months which is when you pick up PFC, so wouldnt it be April until Im pinned?

The last I heard Marines refer to themselves by rank not pay grade! E-2,
E-3, etc are used for pay purposes. Pvt, PFC, etc are ranks. I was never called E-7, and I never called any of my Marines by their pay grade.

Just keep doing the right thing, keep your nose clean, and the rank promotions will come as you meet the requirements and earn the rank.

Accord
03-03-08, 10:41 PM

Go nab his a$$ Flash!
He is getting pinned THIS month? Because I got like 5 days until I deploy to get him...

Achped
03-04-08, 02:55 PM
Yeah bro, I got it yesterday. Weak MOS-non hazers gave us like 15 speeches on "If I see ANY blah blah blah going on there will be blah blah blah repercussions."

And I never use pay grade to refer to anything Gunny, its just that on Marine Online it says "E2" not "PFC", I was just trying to be more precise thats all. I am a Lance Corporal, not an E-3 of Marines.

yellowwing
03-04-08, 02:57 PM
Oh good! "Select" had me wondering if you needed Congressional Approval. Ya' know you are officially Frocked as a Lance Corporal Selectee. :D