PDA

View Full Version : Cop leaves dashboard camera on - plants drugs on suspect, attacks him with dog(vid)

jetdawgg
02-29-08, 09:28 AM
http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/community-faces-10-mil-lawsuit-for-alleged-police-brutality/136297.htm

Finger
02-29-08, 11:10 AM
As a retired Police Captain, I say he needs to be put in general population. A$$bag.

jetdawgg
02-29-08, 11:51 AM
As a retired Police Captain, I say he needs to be put in general population. A$$bag.

Could cost $10MM also.....

davblay
02-29-08, 11:52 AM
That suspect later changed his plea and stated that it was his drugs in his pocket. The officer was reaching for his remote for his car camera in his left breast pocket. He was cleared after only one week of investigation by the District Attorney! The law suit by the suspect has been dropped, but hte officer is thinking of filing against the suspect!

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/category.asp?C=85323&nav=menu374_2_1

We tend to pick and choose what we post, sometimes before the truth is posted! I only live 13 miles from that town and the Officer was cleared of all wrong doings, and is back at work!

Just wanted to make that little correction and addition to the story before we trash a good Officer!

Dave

Finger
02-29-08, 11:58 AM
That is great news Davblay.

I have no room for a criminal cop. If and when they are found they should be tried not given the option to resign. I have had to arrest a few and it is always hard on a good department when that takes place.

I can also tell you in my experience, a in-car camera clears more Officers than they convict.

S/F
Finger

jetdawgg
02-29-08, 11:59 AM
That suspect later changed his plea and stated that it was his drugs in his pocket. The officer was reaching for his remote for his car camera in his left breast pocket. He was cleared after only one week of investigation by the District Attorney! The law suit by the suspect has been dropped, but hte officer is thinking of filing against the suspect!

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/category.asp?C=85323&nav=menu374_2_1

We tend to pick and choose what we post, sometimes before the truth is posted! I only live 13 miles from that town and the Officer was cleared of all wrong doings, and is back at work!

Just wanted to make that little correction and addition to the story before we trash a good Officer!

Dave

Thanks Dav. I work in Tn at times. Nashville and Knoxville areas...

SF

davblay
02-29-08, 12:00 PM
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7943329

this is the story!

Dave

davblay
02-29-08, 12:09 PM
That is great news Davblay.

I have no room for a criminal cop. If and when they are found they should be tried not given the option to resign. I have had to arrest a few and it is always hard on a good department when that takes place.

I can also tell you in my experience, a in-car camera clears more Officers than they convict.

S/F
Finger

I agree, completely, that's why he wanted to make sure his camera was on, using his remote! I think he'll find a different place to carry it from now on however! When he llloke at his camera, then put his hand in his breast pocket, that threw up a flag, even to me. But then it makes sense thah he would want this on tape. It's what we don't know that hurt this fine Officers life and family around here. This is a small town, and people tend to remember the BAD far longer than the truth! There will always be that doubt about him for the rest of his career, around here!

IMHO, Officer Melton is doing a fine job for the City Of Cookeville, Tennessee! He got one more drug user off the street!

Dave

GySgtRet
02-29-08, 12:51 PM
is that the K9 was not attacking he was "holding" the suspect. I did not see one single chunck of flesh bitten from the suspect. I think all parties should just forget the entire matter and get on with it. There was a reason that this man was pulled over, police in general don't just pull you over because they want to say hello.

Semper Fi

Gunny out