PDA

View Full Version : So you want to know what your barracks room will be like in the fleet... *VID*

Accord
02-28-08, 11:02 PM
Video tour of my barracks room on Lejeune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R8n4ee8sA8

crazymjb
02-28-08, 11:36 PM
Sweet, though I thought they inspect rooms to make sure they are clean?

I'm really happy you posted this since I am floating between active in reserves (would be putting down NC as first choice, if given the option. Also, 03 either way). I actually have to say I am pleasantly surprised since that is about 10X nicer than the dorms at the school I will be attending if I go reserves. Heck, it is roomier than my bedroom at home.

Do you know if one is allowed to have a desktop PC instead of a laptop?

Also, what are the restrictions on having guests (women)?

Mike

Accord
02-28-08, 11:51 PM
Sweet, though I thought they inspect rooms to make sure they are clean?

I'm really happy you posted this since I am floating between active in reserves (would be putting down NC as first choice, if given the option. Also, 03 either way). I actually have to say I am pleasantly surprised since that is about 10X nicer than the dorms at the school I will be attending if I go reserves. Heck, it is roomier than my bedroom at home.

Do you know if one is allowed to have a desktop PC instead of a laptop?

Also, what are the restrictions on having guests (women)?

Mike
Both of my roommates are scout snipers so I have a lot more freedom as far as my room goes - it can actually be messy and no one will say ****, but if someone elses room in my unit looked like mine they'd get a page 11 and then NJP'ed if it wasn't rectified. Every Friday morning there are white glove field day inspections by 1stSgt... the only rooms that never get inspected are those belonging to STA PLT (scout snipers).

Also, the fact that we deploy in 10 days and everyone is packing up their trash for deployment and to go into storage isn't helping the clutter.

You can have a desktop PC in your room, but I wouldn't recommend it because it's a pain in the ass to move around and you'll be changing rooms a lot.

As far as having woman in your room, visiting hours are from liberty call until 2200 (some days in the grunts, liberty call IS 2200 haha). And you have to log them in and out with the Duty NCO.

JChebahtah
02-29-08, 12:26 AM
Hah, you Marines and your language, geez! Just kidding... You succeeded in making me laugh for sure. :)

Brandon1
02-29-08, 01:22 AM
You should think about putting that on MTV Cribs. It would get a lot of hits I bet :) Syntha-6, good $hit, I have the Chocolate Milk shake. But that is neither here nor there lol. Good video, educational.

Phantom Blooper
02-29-08, 06:29 AM
you Marines and your language, geez!

Most Marines are basically worldwide linguists with that being our secondary MOS.

Sometimes,but not all this is the only way to convey the message to hard of hearing when TDY is not available.

Marines are also well versed in universal sign language and hand & arm signals.

The asterisk was invented to express to the reader their thoughts through telepathic cyber wave lengths. Much more expression can be made with !@#%* to be used in a typed statement,this is not always necessary.

It is also not usually necessary to have !@#%* used in every other word,however sometimes it could and can be used as an effective training method.

Sometimes the human brain,mouth and fingers react in such a way to give that feeling of love that only a Marine can give you from his heart and soul.:evilgrin:

SGT7477
02-29-08, 10:08 AM
Inspection will be at 0400 be sure there is a dumpster on site, AHHTENHUT.

Accord
02-29-08, 10:35 AM
Next week is our last week in the barracks so it's going to be a field week, not a field day.

SGT7477
02-29-08, 11:12 AM
Just giving you a bad time,lol, Carry On.

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-29-08, 12:32 PM
For some reason it is telling me that the video was removed for a violation of the terms of service. I'd really like to know what part of barracks life is a violation of youtube's terms of service.

quillhill
02-29-08, 01:27 PM
For some reason it is telling me that the video was removed for a violation of the terms of service. I'd really like to know what part of barracks life is a violation of youtube's terms of service.

I got the same message and was wondering the same thing. I was looking forward to watching the video. :)

Marine84
02-29-08, 07:30 PM
Wtf?

mike christy
02-29-08, 08:09 PM
Is Youtube based in Berkley???

Wyoming
02-29-08, 08:19 PM
Wtf?

I saw it. It was a trashed out disgrace.

Our barracks - squad-bay - was squared away up until the minute we left for the RVN.

Sorry, but this was pitiful.

JSchramm08
03-01-08, 01:59 PM
Is Youtube based in Berkley???

Lol. That pretty much sums it up!