PDA

View Full Version : Re Prince Harry fighting in Afghanistan

kentmitchell
02-28-08, 05:37 PM
British media has been sworn to secrecy for weeks about Prince Harry fighting in Afghanistan. Today, an American blogger-- http://www.drudgereport.com--broke the embargo. I sent Drudge this email:

"I've been a big Drudge fan for years--I'm a retired Atlanta Journal-Constitution writer.
Having said that, as a U.S. Marine veteran I'm pretty unhappy about you breaking the news on Prince Harry.
No story is worth what could happen to him now that you've painted a bullseye on him."

If I've offended anyone, tough Sh*t. Harry must be a good kid to be there when he didn't have to go, so we start a paparazzi parade all over Afghanistan, only these guys have AKs and RPGs, not cameras.

hydraulic
02-28-08, 07:39 PM
I'm totally with you on this one brother, I don't object to the odd dumb reporter getting hit by incoming but I object when they put our guys at risk.

We have 40 Cdo Royal Marines plus other units that are now going to have every nut job with an AK out looking for Royalty.

Our own BBC did the same thing during the Falklands and got a lot of good Royal Marines, Paras and Navy killed by stupidly reporting things that the enemy heard.

jrhd97
02-28-08, 07:56 PM
The kid has a lot of balls. He was denied the chance to go to Iraq with his unit, kept pushing it and gets to Afghanistan. Then some dumn a@$ reporter puts a bulls eye on him and his unit. It's not just the prince who is targeted, his whole unit is.
Won't be suprised if they send him home.

thedrifter
02-28-08, 08:14 PM
Good On Ya, Harry:thumbup:
Posted By Laughing_Wolf

The news that Prince Harry, third in line to the throne, is fighting on the front lines (as he wanted/insisted) is very good news. He is to be commended for his determination to do what's right and to be a real soldier. The media agreement in place to protect him and those serving with him and/or under his command was an excellent idea and kudos to those who made it happen. A raised finger salute to the people who leaked it to Drudge, and to Matt Drudge for willfully endangering the Prince and those with him. May you and those who leaked it to you soon find yourself in an enclosed space with SAS and others who care to express their opinion in a very, very personal manner. No linky love to you, a*****e.

LW