jisand
02-27-08, 04:08 PM
Merril L. Sandoval, Navajo Code Talker, dies at 82 <br />
<br />
Erin Kozak <br />
The Arizona Republic <br />
Feb. 11, 2008 06:49 PM <br />
<br />
Merril L. Sandoval, a Navajo Code Talker during World War II, passed away on Saturday...

hrscowboy
02-27-08, 05:07 PM
Slow hand Salute and may you rest in peace Sir..

sparkie
02-27-08, 05:16 PM
With all my respest,,,,and a couple of tears. May God grant you peace.

Bruce59
03-04-08, 11:55 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=150 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pcap>
http://www.gallupindependent.com/2008/February/021208images/msmug0212.jpg
Merril Sandoval

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>WINDOW ROCK — Navajo Nation President Joe Shirley Jr. on Monday ordered flags on the Navajo Nation to fly at half-staff from Feb. 13-16 to honor Navajo Code Talker Merril L. Sandoval who died Saturday. He was 82.

jisand
03-04-08, 01:38 PM
Message from Thomas H. Begay, USMC, Navajo Code Talker, WWII:

I was very sad to learn of Merrill passing away this past weekend. I served with him as a Navajo Code Talker during WWII and most notably during the Battle of Iwo Jima. We were both assigned to the Radio Platoon, Signal Company, Headquarters Battalion, 5th Marine Divison. He as well as the following Navajo Code Talkers; PFC Freeland Nez, Sergeant Johnny Manuelito, PFC Wilson Price and I served directly under the command of Major Howard M. Conner, Signal Officer, 5th Marine Division. We encoded and decoded over 800 messages without an error. Merrill was one of the finest United States Marine! I am proud to have served honorably with him as well as being his friend throughout the years. He was an outstanding person and my heart goes out to his family, relatives and friends. We have truly lost an honorable man.

Again, my sincere condolences to the family.

Semper Fi

Thomas H. Begay
Navajo Code Talker, 5th Marine Division
USMC, WWII - Survivor of the Battle of Iwo Jima
US Army, Korean War, 7th Infantry Division - Survivor of the Chosin Reservoir

SGT7477
03-04-08, 02:12 PM
RIP Marine, Semper FI.